No Horizontal AR?

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, I figured it might be better in Help/Support rather than Suggestions.

So, at last, I have a new and decent phone on which to play JWA - one that can actually perform ARCore. Trying it out, I’m a little disappointed that there is no option to record and save as a landscape, only portrait. Is there anyway to do this that I may have missed?

1 Like

Good idea.

1 Like

What kind of phone do you have?

1 Like

Galaxy S10 now.

I’m an iPhone user so I know we can rotate the video back to landscape after it saves in portrait using the edit feature. I’ll see if I can rustle up a Galaxy user for you.
Is it not recording in landscape at all?

1 Like

It does but it saves the video in portrait rather than landscape, so if I filmed something in landscape the video has them facing down if that makes sense.

Photos I can rotate and edit afterwards just not videos.

Captured videos you can’t rotate on Android, you’ll have to do that on a desktop.

2 Likes

Look into using a third party app to do the recording. Maybe something like DU Recorder… its been forever since ive messed with any of this stuff but i know @GorillaGlue used to us an app to force the game into landscape to make his videos like listed here.

Sadly, that user no longer plays if I remember correctly but maybe he would respond to a PM. My theory is if you force the app to landscape… then record your current screen. One should be able to achieve the results your looking for.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice everyone

1 Like