No membership tips

Im a new, non member player.
So i wanted to ask for some tips like battling strategys and tips on creatures and tournaments

2 Likes

I’m a JWA player mainly. I tried JW:the last summer and have only just come back round to playing it.

I’m going to sound dumb I guess, burning cannot get my head around the battle system and how to properly play it. I’m with @Laky_Jesterlly in looking for advice and tips, or even pointing to a decent new player’s guide. Thanks.

3 Likes

Each to their own and all that, but you play JWA but can’t get this game’s battle system?
I watch Gaming Beaver’s Alive videos, he narrates the battles, and i STILL can’t understand a thing. So many moves! :joy:
Anyway, i’m sure we’ll all be happy to help

4 Likes

Are you a member?

1 Like

I guess, with this game battles feel like rock paper scissors but with more levels of complexity. I’ve watched some YouTube videos but I still have a hard time grasping when I should do what actions and just how much of a difference level does or doesn’t make. If that makes sense?

1 Like

If you mean the VIP thing, I signed up to the free week today.

1 Like

Oh cool, are you gonna cancel subscription later

2 Likes

Im asking because some tips are useful for non members, and they are useless for members

2 Likes

Not sure yet. I already subscribe to JWA so I’ll have to see if I can afford it come payday.

I get that but right now I’ll take any advice I can get. :smiley:

2 Likes

There is a lot of very good advice already in this forum. Putting it all in this thread would be very time consuming for anyone. Also players have different ideas on what they want to get out of the game so would need different advice which may be why no one has replied.

5 Likes

I have a ton of posts on the forum that will most likely be helpful but I also have a bunch of YouTube videos that walk through a bunch of different aspects of the game.

If you go to my channel I have a few sections that cover various aspects of the game.

5 Likes

Here’s a couple of must read posts

4 Likes

Thank you so much, you helped me a lot with the post about ferocity

3 Likes

Thank you so much

1 Like

A big thank you from me as well. Those look like they could be extremely helpful.

3 Likes

Here’s a post of @HanSoloWannaBe’s that I bookmarked back when I was a new player with lots of good battle info.

Don’t miss my comprehensive spreadsheet of game data either.

Dino Data Spreadsheet

5 Likes

As a general tip, grind away in PvP battles, and always take the extra spin. The rewards may not seem like much, but PvP pretty much always seems to pay out.

Also, playing a PvP line up like this:

This combo/order is difficult to beat. Reason being, any dino that has a class advantage on you, you can swap and have an advantage on it.

4 Likes

Not to take away anything from @HanSoloWannaBe’s very good advice that @Mary_Jo linked to, but I got some additional thoughts on PVP about two posts further in that thread.

Also, I cannot echo @Potato’s use of the cross-class lineup for PVP enough. Almost all of my Jurassic PVP and tournament battles use this strategy. First and third creature are of the same class and have the advantage over whatever class has the advantage over your second creature. Second is strong against whatever is strong against creatures 1 and 3. Some people are apprehensive about using amphibians and herbivores in this manner, but I say go for it.

4 Likes

And most importantly, have fun. No game is worth losing your mind over. Sit back, relax, and enjoy JW:TG.

4 Likes

Great advices, you all !
I don’t have many tips to add , just an additional battle strategy, the “sacrifice of first two” . At the first slot you put a simple common that will be sacrificed for 1 reserve point. The second creature would be a common again , that will be used to get 4 reserve points . When it dies you will have 8 action points. And then at the third slot , you have a strong creature (usually with bigger ferocity of the general ferocity of your league at tournaments) . After killing your first opponent you have to put as many reserve points as you can without die .

This is a great tactic for not deep line-ups , it enables you to do the maximum number of battles depending the number of strong creatures you have (you use 1 strong creature per battle ) .

3 Likes