Ludia Forums

Nullifying Counter?

So far nullifying is pretty great, but nothing can be done to counter it. Everything else has a counter. These moves should have something too.

How about a “resistant stance” or passive ability to be resistant to nullifying?

Like 50% chance to resist nullify or something like that.

Just a thought on how to balance.

Thanks!!! :+1:t4:

I guess the counter is T-Rex or Allosaurus a big dumb brute who will swallow the fancy little Dino with its magic tricks

Nullifying doesnt need countering. It is already there to counter. If you ar etrying something strong by buffing it punishes you. But if you arent buffing your dino its practically basic strike

immunity should prevent it, but it doesn’t for whatever reason.

Most nullifyers have relatively low hp and/or damage. They are a middle of the pack dino with great crowd control. Something with high base armor or high damage can defeat them. Really any dino that does not rely on buffing itself is a solid choice vs a nullifyer

If immunity prevented it do you have any idea what tryostronix would become?

Or we go back to Indo Rex and Erlodominus hitting for 4x damage guaranteed … immunity should not prevent removal of positive effects. Immunity is immensely powerful against stuns and slows as it is

i think most people would much rather have that. better than the current meta of 5000 HP tanks with 50% shields and 30% armor chipping away at each other for 45 minutes to see who can get a stygimoloch gen 2/proceratasaurus incubator for winning :wink:

i’d rather have raptors back than the current meta.

@CleverBoy Finally somebody understands me…

They made immunity stop protecting against nullyfying so that i-rex and erlidomimus can have their cloak taken away.

i am aware of that. but there are shields, etc. that also protects you and it’s only 2x damage.

lol that’s what I said too, but the community whined until they made that happen. I honestly would’ve made cloak a 1 turn guaranteed dodge because i-rex is slow(and you actually dodge what you want to dodge unless they’re smart and don’t use the move you’re trying to dodge) and there are shields like you said.

like irex is almost unusable because there are so many nullify dinos. the only thing good about it is cloak. and erlidominus is a unique and is so watered down for the same reason. i wish ludia would change it.

why can a common tanycolagreus negate a legendary/unique ability :thinking: so dumb

Because the free to play players whined enough.
No hate btw
(T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶t̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶f̶l̶a̶g̶g̶e̶d̶)

It’s so weird to see the #1 player sitting at the top of the leaderboard with a common on his team. :thinking: really does make no sense at all.

It’s a good dino, good damage, great speed and has nullifying impact along with an armor piercing strike. It can get rid of shields ignore armor remove positive affects, it’s also easy to get dna for it.

I know what it does thanks. I’m just saying it’s weird that it’s strong enough to counter for instance a unique like indoraptor.

Just be careful about wishing things away… You may miss them when theyre gone. Null doesnt do anything particularly powerful all by itself, I just dont see it as so strong it needs a nerf.

There’s gotta be something everyone can use to counter something else, it does what it’s supposed to do, but I do agree that it does it too well. To the point that other dino’s like monomimus are useless compared to it. Especially considering the fact that it’s easy to level.

basically i was saying that it would be nice if there were ability “tiers” so to speak. when you don’t have some BAMF dino have all of it’s cool stuff taken away by a common.

things that are really powerful like nullify, superiority strike, etc. all should be legendary or unique.