Ludia Forums

Number of animal slots exceeded

Is anyone facing the same problem as I have with animals that play no role in hybrid evolving?
Some of them are beginning to exceed the number of available slots and I do not know what to do with them.
Selling them for DNA is unprofitable because I have to hatch them before I can sell them and I normally need my chambers for more valuable creatures.
Selling them in custom trades is no option too because it would be a waste of trades.
I also do not want them to flood my market. It gives me a bad feeling if I always see that there are hundreds and hundreds of creatures waiting to hatch.
I wish that it would be possible to sell them direct from within the market without the need to hatch them first. I’m willing to accept half the DNA.
I just don’t want to drown in unhatched creatures.
Main candidates are Allosaurus, Dilophosaurus, Galimus, Corythosaurus and some others.

2 Likes

I’m sorry that you had to edit my topic, @Isabelle. I always forget to categorize it.

No worries! Just making sure it’s in the right spot and accessible. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am in the same boat @Tommi and I have just been hatching and selling them most of my Commons and a handful of my Rares are in this situation. I will sometimes just speed them up and think of it as a trade of DB for DNA. I generally only do this during the hatchery discount time but at times have done it as needed.

It would be nice for an instant sell feature from the market.

I generally do not make hybrids with the base Dino’s once unlocked in the market since the time and DNA investment to create the base Dino’s exceeds the direct purchase of the hybrid.

2 Likes

I always make hybrids out of base dinos once it is possible because this has the advantage that evolving them is much faster than hatching. The more rare the hybrid is the bigger is the amount of time I can save.
But you are right too, I don’t consider the amount of time to bring my base dinos to lvl 40 in that calculation.

1 Like

I am not at that stage but notice that you don’t even get an option to trash them. I think @Tommi idea of getting half the hatched creature dna to save us having to hatch the unwanted things would be fair.

1 Like

It would need to be even less than half. I say this since currently if you take the time to Hatch the creature and then sell it you get half the DNA cost of the creature. So if they were to institute an instant sell feature it would need to be even less since we are not putting in the time to hatch the creature therefore not earning the halved DNA cost. So maybe a quarter of the DNA being offered for an instant sell of a creature? Or maybe a special time that this ability is offered in the market to instant sell creatures and get the halved DNA but the option would only be available during limited times?

I like the thought of it, although I have kept my market pretty clean now for a few months after clearing most of my creatures waiting to be hatched.

2 Likes

I meant half of what we get when we sell it after hatching, that’s exactly what you proposed.

2 Likes

I’m not at that stage but if they go in the free hatching slot I just hatch them when I’ve got no creatures to evolve that take under 2 days. I just evolve those rare / super rare that don’t make hybrids when I have nothing else to evolve

I don’t like putting anything over 2 days in the free hatching slot in case I win / gain a creature to go in there when I’m not buying

I sometimes sell the level 40 gallimimus (for eg) when I need the dna.

1 Like

I knew you meant that which is why I agreed. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. All of my commons are completely full. And most of my rares. But I haven’t known what to do with the rest of my influx of those creatures. I take any trades that Chanya offers for them. No matter how bad the trade for them. But, I still have bunches and bunches in my market.

1 Like

Want to amend this slightly… I just got to the story mission where I need to feed 50 dino’s on Isla Sorna… And since I always feed mine to max as soon as they hatch/merge… I’m now using a combination of selling my last level 10 common and making a new… and feeding it… and repeating the same process. So they have some purpose!

1 Like