Ludia Forums

Okay, boosts: another idea (taking another whack at that poor, dead horse)

(RIP, fair horse, you never saw that Draco coming, did ya?)

I posted a proposal last week about how to fix the boost debacle, and while I still like that conceptual framework better than what we have now, I thought of something that’s more elegant and supports the need for boosts to be limited in scope, measured in how they’re applied, and not so OP that they imbalance the game:

• each player is given a total of six boosts, one each of HP/attack/speed
  • boosts are a permanent inventory item
  • we can boost a dino a total of 2x per stat, for a max of 3 per dino
  • you can un-boost a dino if you want to redeploy that boost to another dino

I’m sure, at this point, that Ludia has picked a path, but I still think these conceptual discussions/proposals are meaningful in the sense that our collective ideas and conversations, on the whole, help to shape the path of the game.

1 Like

I like it. It keeps it balanced while also keeping the diversity in the arena. Altho maybe make increase the cap per stat and total per the team

That’s not going to solve the main problem, namely how can Ludia make tons of cash off it? 6 boosts for each player aren’t going to be enough for them :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Everyone keeps to keep the boost but they only become available at certain levels. I think it should be straight across the board. Level 21 tier 1 level 22 tier 2 etc etc. the way i see it if you have a level 30 you deserve to have the max boosts. If you are a level 21 you have to grind like top players have for a year. It levels the playing field and puts everything back where it was. It will piss off lower level players a little but the boosts they purchased are still there. You just have to level up

I have an idea to fix the boosts and every time i post it they remove it… hmmmm

Just made another thread for ALL ideas, try and post it there I guess

My posts keep getting removed about boosts to. And I am being positive with the way to fix it.

Nope flagged on both threads. Interesting

Uhh. Any bad language?

Remember guys, the mess we are in right now is not really due to the boosts itself, rather it’s because of that stupid glitch where some ppl managed to buy a lifetime worth of boosts! Ludia need to fixed that before fine tuning the boost system.

No language at all. I’m going to try and paste part of it here and see what happens…

I think it should be straight across the board. Level 21 tier 1 level 22 tier 2 etc etc. the way i see it if you have a level 30 you deserve to have the max boosts. If you are a level 21 you have to grind like top players have for a year. It levels the playing field and puts everything back where it was. It will make lower level players a little mad but the boosts they purchased are still there. You just have to level up

Well that worked

Uhhh, well that’s a weird glitch, If you want to post it here as well It’s time to decide what should happen with boosts (ludia listen up)

What if boosts could be invoked for one round per battle? And only one at a time?

If you did that and if boosts took effect before swap, that would also give another way to mitigate swap in attacks.

1 Like

Cinda like a power up? I like it but we would need to find a way to implement it into the current state of the game

So it’s like a power up? Sounds cool but it might be hard to put into the game in its current state

What if the speed boosts were only a factor in ties? Keep the ordinal speeds the same (Thor would always be faster than Tryko, etc) but when there would have been a tie, the person with the highest number of speed boosts would go first.

Like a powerup but it wouldn’t eat a turn. If a dino has boosts available, you’d get additional buttons to apply the boost before you select your move.

That would add a lot of tactical depth (the thing I like most about JWA battles) without boosts becoming overpowering.

2 Likes

This is the first time didjaredo has posted — let’s welcome them to our community

Guten tag, stranger!

And +1 for this idea

1 Like

Yeah I really like it. I’m just trying to figure out how we can turn our current boost system into that. Because I’m blank rn