Ludia Forums

One year with JW-TG (progress)

It seems that one year of playing JWTG is behind me. It’s been a year of really good fun, year of anticipation, celebration, frustration, happiness… all of that. And grinding, grinding, grinding… not to forget :wink:
It is more than obvious that I wouldn’t accomplish nothing near of what I did if it wasn’t for this Forum and this community of good people: enthusiasts who are living this game and are willing to share every bit of the knowledge they acquired with other members.
I can only thank you ALL for that and encourage you to remain the same!

Probably the most valuable resources I’ve found here were Sionsith’s tutorial videos and that lovely Dino data spreadsheet made by Mary_Jo. But it would be unfair to say that other members contribution was less valuable to me.

I wanted to share my current lineup with you as one year anniversary is a good cause for little bit of retrospective, I guess… :slight_smile:

From the beginning I paid the most attention to ferocity balance and depths of my roster and I think I managed to do that so far. I don’t struggle with PvEs nor with tournaments - nor do I suffer of lack of available creatures during those intensive days which are putting our roster to the test.

Again, thank you all for your help and support and I hope we will continue sharing good and bad moments this game puts in front of us! :muscle: :+1: :metal:
Here are my creatures (with level above VIP 20):

18 Likes

That is really good progress for a year, well done.

4 Likes

Thanks! It means a lot to hear it from the master :wink:

2 Likes

really interesting set up

2 Likes

This is really nice progress, can I ask how many of those rajastegas were from modded @filip1971?

Also really like the setup you’ve done with the amphibians, specially the koolasaurus with the one up ahead and the 30s for back up, may do this myself as they’re quite cheap.

2 Likes

This is an amazing lineup. Seeing this reminded me how I am still at the bottom of the ladder despite how much my lineup has improved in this week :D.

2 Likes

Believe it or not: all but one rajastegas were from modded! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
I have never bought any (except for the first one which I fused, of course).
As for amphibians: at ferocity of 9500 there are still plenty options to have amphibians at the same ferocity as Indoraptors. I even forced couple of Prestos to the level 40, even if leveling VIP’s to lvl 40 doesn’t usually make much sense - all because I like to have balanced roster. After the next ferocity jump most of my amphibians will have insane cooldown times so I don’t really look forward to that… :slight_smile: But for now it works OK.

3 Likes

Well, I guess we are all at “the bottom of the ladder” in comparison with someone else, right? :wink:
But progressing is what gives us satisfaction, right? At least that’s the best part in my case: making progress no matter how small as it means you are going at the right direction

3 Likes

Hopefully this post will not be considered as necro-posting, don’t exactly know what is the threshold…
Anyhow, since my last recapitulation, I have paid a lot more attention (and DNA, of course) to make my Aquatic stronger. That somewhat slowed down my progress with Jurassic part, but still - I think I’m ready for a step further. According to the table I use, there are 96 creatures in my roster over VIP 30. I think it should be enough to support my game even after halving most of my upper roster.
As I plan to level up my creatures, I thought I might start with the weakest of the upper part - currently it is Segnosuchus lvl 20 (with 9233 ferocity). There are some creatures which can follow Segno with no problem (such as Indos, Gorgo, Zalmonodon, but some of them are near their upper level (20, 30…) so the halving will have to be quite heavy.
If I make my Segnos lvl 21, they will have ferocity of 11.300 and after that, Metriaphodon leveling to 21 will change its ferocity to 12.800.
It will leave all my amphibians (except for Gorgos, of course), down on 9500. Will that be a problem for my future battles or not - I will check and will let you know.

This time I just wanted to share my progress in last 3 months - to have it documented but also before taking a step forward (as I guess I will never again be in such comfortable position where I am able to finish all possible events with no problems - and still reach every tournament in Dominator with 3000+ trophies…

4 Likes

Such a deep lineup :open_mouth: congrats

3 Likes

your lineup looks like an army of dinos which are going for war and congrats

3 Likes

Thanks! Soon it will not be even nearly as deep anymore, I’m afraid :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Looks good, the next stage is we’re things start getting really DNA intensive. Where you need 4 copies of tournament Hybrids to get 1 useable copy, and then the next stage after with needing 8 copies… making me remember my last year of grinding.

3 Likes

Yes, I become aware of that first time with Gorgos, but even more with Zalmonodons (which are even more expensive) - when I leveled them at 21.
But it’s a challenge, and I like to “disturb” things a bit - it started to get too predictable already.
(I know I will soon regret those last words… :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

It’s not “One year with JW-TG” anymore (it’s a bit more than year and a half), but as I don’t know how to change the topic name - I guess it will stay that way :man_shrugging:
Anyhow, I think I made some good progress since my last update, so just wanted to share it here and to “contemplate” a bit for my future goals.
I am still trying to grind as much as I am allowed by my work, free time, family time etc… but two recent discounts allowed me to add to my roster a lot more than I planned. Yes, I also had to sacrifice some of my S-hybrids in order to be able to get enough DNA, but I think I can live with that.
I think I am now in rather good position, so I will slowly continue to hatch more Gorgos and than Segnos&Metrias. My lineup seems deep enough to cover all events - even if some cool-down times are really ridiculous (to say the least). I’m talking about you, Gorgo… :grimacing:
I haven’t neglected Aquas or Cenos, but there are still some room for improvement there. I don’t have plans for some heavy investment there, as I have all Aqua hybrid maxed and most of Cenos. What I DID neglected is tournament creatures (I have A LOT of them unlocked but not hatched), so I will take care of some of those.

So, here are all my creatures above VIP lvl 40, hope I will have some good updates in the future as well:

3 Likes

Looking good, food will become your most valuable resource for a time when you start leveling things again. Great progress.

3 Likes

Thank you!
Uh… food, yes :grimacing:
When I see someone with 99 mil. food trading it in custom TH, I start to cry… :joy:

1 Like

how much $$$$ did you spend to get there??? that seems craY to me but I’m 100% F2P

You can get to that state without spending lots of money. Just a lot of time and commitment. He might have VIP but that might be it

Also welcome to the forums

I’m f2p like yourself and my best creature is a lvl 21 indominus

1 Like

I am only paying for VIP membership, haven’t spent any real money to get there.
My recipe is: listen/read all advices given by members of this forum, grind as much as you can/want, be patient and enjoy the game.
It is also good to have a short-term goal you want to achieve - so you can be more focused on it and not waste your time and resources on something what is not currently important to you

4 Likes