Ludia Forums

Opinions of: Battle at Big Rock

Article #35 of the “Opinions of:” series. What did you think of it? Was it a good short film? What are your opinions?

(For lols) Tier: Tyrant

Next Article: Allosaurus Gen 2

3 Likes

My opinion: loved it a lot. Really wish it wasnt a short film, as it would make a great movie concept (even though I know it’s pre-jurassic world 3). Credit Scenes were interesting, loved when the Pteranodon snatched the birbs at the end of the marriage scene.

2 Likes

I love it as well! Lots of suspense and action packed in to the short amount of time they had. It def had an old school JP and Lost World feel to it.

1 Like

I loved it. Wish it was longer than 8 minutes though. I do wonder, why didn’t the Allosaurus kill the baby dinosaur when it has it in its jaws? I also predict that the girl with the crossbow will be some dinosaur hunter in the future, dunno why.

2 Likes

My opinion : don’t bring a baby that would cry for being dino’s dinner when visiting a dino park (is it in a park?)

1 Like

Enjoyable but I wanted more than 8 minutes and the actual fight itself was not long enough.

Big Rock national park is just a national park. The dinosaurs are starting to migrate away from the area around Lockwood estate and the campers were in the way.

2 Likes

why would you not cover a screaming baby’s mouth with a huge dinosaur coming over to investigate?

the mosasaurus eating the great white eating a seal was funny, and the pteranodon eating the wedding dove :joy: fight was definitely too short though

2 Likes

I loved it, very well done and exciting however… my suspension of disbelief is stretched to the breaking point. I read the JP books as a kid, enjoyed all the movie (except the egregious misrepresentation of Spino in 3) and will continue to support the franchise but dinosaurs wouldn’t last long against hunters or the military. I hope they address within the movie why we didn’t just wipe them out

1 Like

They’d probably be put in a zoo, but some people would still fall into the cages (RIP Harambe).

2 Likes

Especially the 3 minute 50 second mark

5 Likes

mosa eating shark eating seal🤔

Mosharkeal!!

i just watched it. why is the allo so small?

1 Like

It’s actually bigger than a real Allosaurus was according to many reviews that I’ve read.

2 Likes

So, probably saurophagonax?

1 Like

It’s still an Allosaurus. They just made it bigger for visual effect I guess.

1 Like

My girlfriend and I enjoyed it a lot. We both thought it was too short and wished it had been longer. More of the dinosaur fight would’ve been cool too. But overall I was well pleased. I’m really looking forward to seeing what direction the next full movie will go from here.

2 Likes

So looking forward to the next film! I’m not sure if the allosauraus had the bite force on the head of a triceratops, certainly was being battered by mum lol. The girls knowledge too really captivated me, reckon theres an Easter egg…couldnt help but laugh at the the girl being chased around the paddock…

1 Like

I was asking myself how that little girl was able to load, shoot, and reload that crossbow so fast. But the rest was very believable :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I thought it was pretty good. Could’ve been about a minute or so longer to really has out the fight. But it was well executed.

1 Like

I thought the same thing. When I rewatched they called it a double crossbow. Never heard of it before tho

1 Like

As mentioned in another topic, I think the directing / camera work could’ve been a bit better but overall a nice experience!
Did you guys know there is another short called Blue? It’s a VR movie but the end result you can watch here (start around minute 1):

1 Like