Ludia Forums

Opinions of: Monostegotops

Deserves a green border around its picture.

11 Likes

My 2nd legendary, on the team ever since, 27 and growing (soooooo much mono DNA needed). Strong overall dino with great utility.

1 Like

Will always start with this dino if it gets selected. Great against erli dilorac, and i like the mind games vs dio tryko.

1 Like

This is why I LOVE my Monostego :heart_eyes:. This never ever gets old.

Seriously though. One of my favorite dinos in the team. Great versatility and the distraction move really helped it become the Tyrant it deserves.

10 Likes

One of the best Legendary dinos that I have. Took forever to create thanks to lack of Triceratops DNA, but once I got enough, I leveled her up to team level. Been getting good fuses nonstop since then, so now, she’s the highest leveled hybrid I have at level 22, next to Touramoloch. I liked her movesets before and after change, but I like her current moveset more. Distraction is the best move to give Monosteg, gives her more survivability. Can tango with many dinos, from DC to Indom, can give good hits thanks to decent damage, and those crits are always welcome.

I plan on taking her all the way, but for now, I’ve ran out of Mono DNA. I live in L3, so it isn’t that hard. I see her the most when I throw up an Epic scent :hugs:

1 Like

One of the hardest legendary hybrids I unlocked, and I never used it :joy:

I love my monostego, it’s lvl 26 and one of the best dino in my team.

1 Like

One of my favorites, and will always have a spot on my team unless it gets nerfed into oblivion like Monomimus. Great against Erlidom and Dilorach, and sometimes Indoraptor and Indominus. Mine is 5-5-5.

9 Likes

5 Likes

I think it’s ugly.
I prefer Stegoceratops.
I kept mine at level 16 until last weekend I believe. It was my last legendary to level up to 20. I didn’t want to level it up past 16 until I created Pterovexus, which completed my dinodex.
Before Pterovexus came into the game, I saved all my monolophosaurus dna for monomimus. It was such a beast! I took mine to level 22 and then you can guess what happened. Nerf & hybrid & another nerf or 2.
Still don’t use monostegotops although I fight a lot here and there.

It absolutely mauls indoraptor, as wel as the first two

1 Like

100% my FAVORITE dino out of all my collection. Have been saving up for him since I installed the game ( around launch date to first update ) starting with Stegoceratops. At that time, Triceratops was easy to get DNA from and so it was not much of a hassle to get Stegoceratops Level 15. Only problem was Mono DNA and until recently I finally unlocked Monostegotops. I absolutely love his ability to face anyone from raptors to defense shattering users. Also, faster than Einasuchus when compared with no stat boosts. Triceratops has always been my favorite dino, so it only made sense to get the superhybrid.

1 Like

I always forget about its ability to do this to opponents who can’t clear distraction, which means on those rare occasions I’ve used mine it’s underperformed relative to its potential.

I’m not a big fan of using Stun moves, especially stunlocking (just seems like a particularly cruel way to take out an opponent, while never allowing him to even touch you; reminds me of the way a cat I had several years ago would play with a hornet, swat it around, till it was kind of stunned and disoriented, then once it started to recover and try to escape she would give it another WHACK! and start the whole cycle again, keeping it up for HOURS till she finally got bored and killed it) so I have a hard time fully utilizing Monostegotops’ talents. There are a few dinos whose kits (and reputation) are such that it’s easier to treat them that way, but those are special circumstances for me.

1 Like

I have zero guilt about using Monostegotops, Stegoceratops, or Tragodistis stun moves, as I’m usually trying to take out a chomper like Thor or Tryko. Sometimes it actually works too.

2 Likes

My Monostego forgot how to stun during the tournament a couple of weekends ago :joy:

1 Like

That’s what I like most about it though. The stun is only one move. Yes, it helps it in several situations and match ups, but it has such a versatile kit and since it only has one stun move it can’t really stucklock by stacking stuns like other dinos.

1 Like

By far my fav. Used to be more of a niche, needed to take down Indo pre-nerf but has grown into a full fledged tyrant

5 Likes

I think she looks awesome. I wish she had all the stunning capabilities of Stegoceratops, though. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

You guys agreed on her being a “jack of all trades” didnt you? :wink:

You know what’s funny? That’s how I feel about Edmontoguanodon. The swap-in stun is just to prevent him from getting punished for swapping in, and I’d guess that about 80% of the time I use his actual stun move, it’s more about the 2X damage aspect (often used to finish someone off) than hoping for the stun to work. Besides that, he’s got Superiority Strike and Nullifying, plus even though he’s supposed to be swap-restricted for 2 turns, in a pinch he can still do regenerate and run on the 2nd turn and it clears the block and swaps him out. So, pretty varied kit.

I’m not sure why it’s so easy for me to “forgive” Edmonto for his stun move, yet I can’t seem to cut Monostego the same slack (or Paramoloch, or Utasino… although in Uta’s case I just can’t stand the screechy nightmare haha). Maybe it’s the adorable way he kind of mugs for the camera as you swap him in, which still cracks me up every time, months after the first time I saw it.

Maybe Monostego needs something similar to endear me to it.

(that last line was my very dry sense of humor, in case it read like I was totally serious)