Our Custom Abilities!

Hello! I have recently joined this forum. In my limited time of being here, I have seen countless posts regarding ‘custom creatures’ created using the beloved JWA Toolbox. However, this is a thread for the custom abilities we’ve proudly bestowed our creations with.
It’s interesting that we can combine any two in-game effects we want, let alone create custom effects! So put your imaginative caps on and share your very own custom abilities in this thread!
Here’s a wanted one - an instant bleeding move. What do you think of it?

Here’s an adaptation of the not-in-game ‘Healing Buff’ icon.

5 Likes

Liked the second ability, is quite useful

1 Like

Here are all of the custom abilities that I have made so far:

(Fire Blast was originally supposed to be put on my last Conceptober creation, but I scrapped the idea. Not deleting the move though.

(^^same story as Fire Blast but for a different Apex I made^^)

(Vampiric Drain has the same story as Fire Blast and Roar of Fury, except I never tried putting it on a creature since I realized DoT resistance heavily impacts it so I just left it alone)

Any thoughts?

2 Likes

Distracting Obstruction with explanation
What do you think about this? Its like Phorurex’s Stunning Obstruction, but instead of stun, it reduces 100% of damage.

1 Like

Thank you!

Amazing! I haven’t made so many yet, but I can say there are creatures deserving many of them in the game. Vampiric Drain and Roar of Fury have the coolest names. The ‘Siphoning’ abilities can go to a fierce flock creature!

1 Like

Hmmm, nice - it is more balanced than the current ability. But I think it would be better if it distracted the swap-inner rather than the swap-outer. Unfortunately, it isn’t possible in Toolbox yet, but it could seriously affect the current swap-in meta.

2 Likes

Actually you’re right, I intend to distract 100% for the swap ins, only if the swap-outer is immune to swap prevention.

1 Like

These are mine

2 Likes

Some moves are designed for aquatic creatures, hope it can be real one day lol

I think killer revenge would be a better name for revenge killer instinct

It sure is, but I want people to know that it’s derived from killer instinct

2 Likes

Good abilities, maybe Venomous abilities could be added to a potential Pulmonoscorpius?
Furious Distracting Kick is definitely meant for the ornithomimids.
Precise Group Decel abilities are counter to flocks, I suppose?
Also, according to JW lore, Indoraptor can also echolocate. Here’s the ability I created while designing a rework for it:

The decreasing dodge chance next turn is a custom mechanic.

1 Like

Here’s one I made for Sarcorixis. It disturbed me a little that it is a pure resilient when 2 of its components are fierce. It also lacked a bleed ability, so I came up with one. This one will need Rixis’ stats and other abilities to be tweaked a bit though:

I’d say reduce damage to 1000 and replace Ferocious Impact with this. (Einiasuchus already suppressed Nundasuchus’ attack increase.)

2 Likes

Very nice! But isn’t echolocation’s purpose to counter cloak/dodge abilities since irl bats and whales uses them to locate their prey’s exact locations?
I’ll probably suggest that indoraptor’s echolocation, while giving it cloak, it also removes opponent’s cloak/dodge? Anti cunning-cunning fierce basically, that would make more sense to me. Would definitely help Indo to revive it’s glory once again lol
Also yes the venomous abilities can probably be applied to any potentially venomous creatures but here in context I made it specifically for megalania ( i.e V. Priscus ). Referenced to how Komodo dragons hunts it’s most likely how megalania hunted back in the days too. Wearing the prey with it’s venom and a minor bleed to brutally end their lives mercilessly.
Furious distracting kick is specifically made for Procoptodon ( Giant short faced kangaroo ), tho make sense for Ornithimimids to have it too.
And yes precise group decel is a direct counter to those pesky flock creatures, and would also help in raids alot lol thanks for asking

1 Like

I have a move called Bone Crushing Strike. It does the same amount of damage that Fierce Impact does, but gives DOT and Vulnerable.

1 Like

So impose vulnerability, impose DOT attack ×1.5? Does it go through armour and shield ?

Here’s a few of my 196 custom moves

2 Likes

Here are a few new abilities I made

1 Like

That’s quite a number! I named my cleansing shields as ‘Instant Brace’. We’ve got the same ability for the ‘Healing Strike’ icon. My ‘deceptive’ abilities draw much inspiration from Hydra Boa’s counter, and thus increase damage by 20%. Counter Focus is a Resilient ability, right?