Ludia Forums

Paleontology thread

I would like one myself but only if aqautics have small sharks

2 Likes

I myself think it was an elephant since they do often island hop.

2 Likes

See that does make since, however elephant that big?

1 Like

Elephants can get pretty big, and the photo we have of the lochness monster we have (I think we only have 1 photo of it) only shows in it the water and doesn’t really have anything to scale with it.

Some people also think it’s an eel which is plausible.

2 Likes

True. It does look like a trunk! I think ive watched too many cryptid and unknown creature shows…

3 Likes

That particular photo (the surgeon’s photograph) was found to be a hoax

3 Likes

It was? Oh… did they discover what was actually in the water?

A modified toy submarine

You can also watch TREY the explainer’s videos on the LNM, he covers pretty much everything about the monster.

4 Likes

A new species of dinosaur, with characteristics similar to those of the dreaded Tyrannosaurus Rex, was discovered in Argentina, as shown in a study published in the Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology, on March 30.

Named Llukalkan aliocranianus, a name that means “the one who causes fear” in the indigenous Mapuche language (Llukalkan), and “different skull” in Latin (aliocranianus), the animal lived about 80 million years ago in the region where today is Patagonia. , in Argentina, but was probably also found in parts of Africa, Australia, India and Antarctica, among other areas south of the planet.

According to the research, the predator was 5 meters long, with huge claws, very sharp teeth and a short skull showing protuberances and prominences, resulting in a frightening appearance for prey. Experts also believe that he had a powerful sense of hearing, similar to that of current crocodiles.

this seems like it may belong here Paleontology thread
but this is very interesting

Isn’t it an abelisaurid, not a Tyrannosaur?

New pterosaur: Sinomacrops bondei, a new anurognathid pterosaur from the Jurassic of China and comments on the group [PeerJ]

New Hadrosaur: A new brachylophosaurin (Dinosauria: Hadrosauridae) from the Upper Cretaceous Menefee Formation of New Mexico [PeerJ]

Interestingly, it seems like the Chicxulub asteroid had a far greater impact on the evolution of life on Earth than we may have realized: Dinosaur-killing asteroid strike gave rise to Amazon rainforest - BBC News

2 Likes