Para Lux opens doors?

So Parasaurolophus Lux is unprecedented for being a non-hybrid legendary. I’ve already discussed how this may lead to Apex fusing in the future, but what about the precedent of hybrids not being able to fuse with other hybrids? Obviously it wouldn’t make sense for higher rarities unless it was to make Apex’s, but what about rare and epic hybrids as potential ingredients with existing hybrids? Like Procerathomimus + Alloraptor. Would this be something intruiguing to you or too complicated?

4 Likes

The only one stopping it from happening is Ludia. i don’t see why we can’t have 2 hybrids make a hybrid.
if it hasn’t happened, either they don’t want to, or they haven’t had any concepts to work with yet.

2 Likes

Honestly this would mean that we would have to have higher classes. How could we not have higher classes with this Apex class now here?

And with this non-hybrid legendary in the woodworks and Apex is up here who’s to say that we won’t be able to fuse them both?

My only concern is would they be too op for their own good? Because being able to fuse two hybrids together is amazing imo.

1 Like

The problem with fusing 2 hybrids is you need FOUR ingredients. It’s bad enough to need 3 if they’re hard to get. But, well, if they’re not all exclusive or something… It could happen anyway.

4 Likes

That is a concern as well. We already have to obtain two to three exclusive components to make hybrids that exist right now… to work twice as hard to get those same ingredients for a completely new and powerful hybrid seems to be a lot of work.

I got to worry about power creep and technicalities and would this new hybrid be more powerful than that new hybrid and yada yada yada…

Because then we get hybrids that are more powerful than Trykosaurus.

On second thought I’d rather stick with what we have right now.

1 Like

I don’t really want them to be honest. Many superhybrids are already expensive enough to build and they only have 3 things to worry about. And then there’s Ludia always hiding behind the door with the nerf bat every few months that can invalidate all that work.

2 Likes

Don’t see tier above Apex anytime soon. They would need to increase lvl limit for creatures. From 30 to 35 or 40. It’s already a lot of grinding to max creature at lvl 30. How would lvl 35 or 40 motivate new players and all players that already struggle with lvling creatures over lvl 20?

1 Like

I don’t think mega-hybrids are really a great idea. That’s a lot of DNA grinding for something that, in all honesty, probably won’t be any better than the creatures we already have access to unless we overtly powercreep the game.

Until we start running out of regular creatures to add to the game, let’s stick with standard hybrids and super hybrids… and there are still dozens and dozens of potential hybrid fuel creatures to be added even without talking about a potential Update Aquatic

I actually made an idea like that at some point. It was an idea for a hybrid made from using two super hybrids called majundeus, which was a fusion of stegodeus and majundaboa. I honestly don’t see why they can’t do that