Pass? Pass

Dear Ludia.

What a great game!

I’ve invested many hours over four years, not to mention $$$. It’s not just a game, it’s a hobby.

Yeah, I’m still bouncing around between Lockwood and Gyro, can’t seem to get over the hump to the final arena. After 4 years.

Now we got this new “Pass” thingy. Not sure what it’s about, but man, I’m kinda getting tired of feeling like if I only just spent some more money. Money is not really the issue, it’s the principle. I’m starting to feel manipulated.

That is all I have to say.

8 Likes

My thoughts exactly! I’ve played religiously since JWA launched, spent a lot of money, but with this last update I think this hobby has run it’s course. I’ve had it!

Why do they work so hard to get rid of devoted players?

8 Likes

Let’s not fault Ludia for maximizing revenue. That’s their job.

On the other hand, I kinda feel like 4 years of VIP membership and plenty of real bucks spent amount to nothing.

Quoth Ludia: “what have you done for me lately?”

I have one subscription and that’s it. I’ve passed on the pass. This is a pay to progress faster game, if your goal is to get to a certain point in the arenas. That’s not my goal.

3 Likes

There are ways to maximize revenue without frustrating the playerbase. I think the bigger issue is the missions with the pass effecting dailies, and the fact that the new tastes are a nightmarish chore. I have no issue with a company making honest money to keep the product funded and their workers well compensated (I am very much for supporting artists - which is what games do). I think this update had some good intentions, but the way it was executed was not good for all players - both free and paying alike. Hopefully Ludia will listen to what the players are saying. The fact that the game is barely playable due to bugs says something about quality control.

2 Likes