Ludia Forums

Payment problem

I maid a payment but I did not get anything
What can I do about this

I’m sorry that happened, Joey_Toemen. It might take a bit of time for your purchase to show up in the game. However, try relaunching the game and see if that helps.
If you’re still having issues after restarting your game, please reach out to our support team here at support+forums@ludia.com so our team can assist you further with this.

If you can include a receipt of your purchase, along with your support key in the email, it’d be really helpful.

Thanks!

Ik heb al een mail gestuurd maar hoelang duurt het voordat ik een antwoord krijg

Translated from Dutch

I have already sent an e-mail, but how long will it take before I receive an answer?

Unfortunately, our forums are currently only in English, we have gone ahead and translated your post using Google Translate. Please remember to include an English translation going forward.

But how long will I have to wait until I get my answer

Hey Joey_Toemen, if you had already reached out to our support team, they’ll try and get back to you ASAP once they get a chance to see your message.

I have been waiting for 3days now and Ik still don’t have a respons from you guys

Hey Joey_Toemen, could you send me a private message of your support key so I can take a look for you?

Thanks!

2 Likes

It had been a couple of days almost a week I Just want the things that I paid for or I want mij money back.
I die send al of the information that they needed so why is it thaking so long
Is that to much to ask

They said I will het my stuff shortly and I got 150 Odin cions already but I didn’t het the rest (12500 runes and mij dragon) did there something go wrong or what

Hey Joey_Toemen, could you continue your messages with our support team? They would be happy to take a closer look.

Do you mean bij mailing or how

You’ll have to reply to the last email our team had sent you.