Ludia Forums

Permian Age Creatures [Poll&Discussion]

I think it’s a welcome change honestly. They’re all kinda weird, not many people know them, and they definitely swing variety especially with their revenge moves.

I think these would be great future editions if we are switching gears to be in the Age of the Permian:

• Lystrosaurus
    Type: Scutosaurus Animations
Picture

Bio: Pretty much owns the term common. It survived the largest mass extinction in all of history, and then basically conquered the earth.

• I’d like to say Edaphosaurus, but it would have to use dimetrodon animations including in the sanctuary which wouldn’t make a ton of sense.

• Platyhystrix
    Type: Amphibian Animations
Picture

Bio: A sailed frog thing. What’s not to love?

• Eryops
    Type: Amphibian Animations
Picture

Bio: Bullfrog on steroids. A pretty mean, and armored, water dweller for its time.

• Rubidgea
    Type: Gorgonopsid
Picture

Bio: I’m sure most haven’t heard of Rubidgea and would rather have Lycaenops. But the truth is it wasn’t that big; pretty small actually. But Rubidgea atrox was a monster apex predator in South Africa that had giant teeth even by gorgonopsid standards.

• Gorgonops
Picture

Bio: The type species of the group. Probably the one everyone knows the best, though it isn’t the biggest or most specialized.

• Prionosuchus
    Type: Crocodile Animation
Picture

Bio: A veteran creature from JWTG, it’s the largest amphibian known. It’d be pretty interesting to see as a croc type with Permian abilities (Revenge moves)

• Estemmenosuchus
Picture

Bio: Probably the weirdest creature we could get from the Permian. It looks vicious, but it was an omnivore.

• Titanophoneus
    Type: Dimetrodon Animations
Picture

Bio: Definitely a different look for the dimetrodon animations, it was one of Permian Russia’s apex predators.

• Sphenacodon
    Type: Dimetrodon Animations
Picture

Bio: Just imagine dimetrodon with Acrocanthosaurus spines instead. Pretty interesting.

• Bunostegos
Picture

Bio: A cow sized, armored parareptile with giraffe horns. Pretty weird. Also the oldest known animal to stand upright.

• Dinogorgon
Picture

Bio: Another South African gorgonopsid and close relative to Rubidgea. It would’ve been a top predator with great speed.

• Megawhaitsia
    Type: ?
Picture

Bio: A Permian superpredator from Russia. I have no idea which animations it would use, it’s almost bear-like in shape and would’ve had no match in its time.

What do you guys think about the era shift? I know a lot of us want dinosaurs, but I actually really like the unexpected switch to the Paleozoic. I definitely understand people demanding dinosaurs since it is Jurassic Park, but I think it really is for the best to vary the shapes and sizes we see on the map and arena. I know we’ll get more dinosaurs eventually no doubt in great quantity because: Jurassic World: Dominion, Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous, and the untitled live action Jurassic World TV series all promise new dinosaurs. I don’t think Universal Studios will have their franchise mobile game miss out on including them all to hype up its titular series.

So if they stuck to 4 new Permian prehistoric creatures in an update, which four would you want in the future?

• Lystrosaurus
  • Platyhystrix
  • Eryops
  • Rubidgea
  • Gorgonops
  • Prionosuchus
  • Estemmenosuchus
  • Titanophoneus
  • Sphenacodon
  • Bunostegos
  • Dinogorgon
  • Megawhaitsia
  • Parabradysaurus
  • Lycaenops, IDC that it is badger sized
  • Edaphosaurus, IDC about meat eating animations
  • Other (Which?)
  • Not Interested in More

0 voters

3 Likes

Pour quoi vous metter
pas le lycaenops ou sinon il y a le mochops

I love all of those!

4 Likes

Loving them. Never heard of them before. Would be very interested in how they work in arena.

2 Likes

ils préfèrent l’anglais ici

moschops est dans la prochaine mise à jour :slight_smile:

Self Translation: English is preferred here, moschops is in the update

Megawaitsia would have more of a marsupial lion animation I would think because it looks kind of cat or bear like

3 Likes

Translated from French

why don’t you put
lycaenops if not mochops

Unfortunately, our forums are currently only in English, we have gone ahead and translated your post using Google Translate. Please remember to include an English translation going forward.

Could be. It’s super bulky when you look at its holotype so that could work better almost

What about Jonkeria?

1 Like

My list started getting long and I forgot to get it into the poll. My bad :sweat_smile: forgot to get Anteosaurus too unfortunately

poll needs an all of the above option.

8 Likes

you know, I feel like i would be fine with one more permian update, but then we would need more dinos

These creatures are awesome! I love hearing and seeing creatures from time periods that ai don’t know much about. I never heard of any of these creatures outside of Gorgonops, so any amount of hybrids and standalone creatures from the Permian time period would be lit.

I’d be down for a few more updates of theses creatures… I just need for them to not be ridiculously difficult to gather by being exclusive.

1 Like

I have a cute little bright red Lystro sitting outside my Ark base so that’s my vote, it even does a backflip when you pet it, what more can one ask for from a dinosaur?
:hugs:

1 Like

I have a purple one that I love letting just waddle around my base. I snuck it in with me for one last big XP boost when I brought down the Valguero Alpha bosses solo. Though the 18 fully mutated megalosaurus’s and my Yuty did the heavy lifting :joy:

1 Like

I was playing a modded ark last night. Ark Eternal. good mod. super hard. I lost half of my tames because a primal Dippy clipped through the ceiling of the cave base i was in and just wrecked everything before i could deal with it. i just hatched a deinonychus 2 minutes before that as well. Oh ark.

2 Likes

Yeah I know the feeling. That game is a massive up and down. Lots of love or hate depending on the moment

i’m still learning things every day. just learned recently that you can ride moschops. I’ve had this game for how long and never noticed.

Moschops riding is a newer patch thing so you haven’t been out of the loop too long.

I recently discovered that you can grapple onto the back of a giga and melee it to death so you don’t risk any tames. And that you can sneak cryopoded tamed into the tek cave at certain spaces

1 Like

When i played ark just tamed bunch of moschops and massacred everything with them. lol