Ludia Forums

Phorasura Stun Broken?

Swapped it in 5 times over the night, not once did it stun anyone. Anyone else seeing this? Seems broken to me, but would love to know if it is working for anyone else.

1 Like

Idk because I not use phorasura

lol - then why post? :rofl:

4 Likes

Not really related but does this look normal

3 Likes

Lol
Idk why i posted :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s a hybrid, obviously it looks normal cuz every hybrid doesn’t look normal at all

RNG, although I suppose there’s some small chance it’s a bug, but Ludia has never had an RNG bug before. If it’s any consolation, the chances of this happening are around 0.45%.

2 Likes

Good thing for me as I used this picture

And you can’t see the feet so I replaced it with phros and you did not know so it means my editing was good

2 Likes

Had it work for me this morning, I have to admit it doesn’t feel like it works 66% of the time though, same as with my Smilonemys only ever try it as a last resort out of desperation… Think it’s harsh that you are unable to swap 2 turns even if stun doesn’t work…

1 Like

It works. I have been stunned pretty often by the phorasauras I face. However I do not face it very often, so my sample size isn’t the biggest to tell from.

1 Like

Thanks, my data set is admittedly small - only 5 tries. RNG could easily have been the issue, which is why I wanted to see if it was still working for others. I had better luck with it in the past, but it is just that, luck.

And thanks @Dinosty - it sure doesn’t feel like 66% to me either, but I have not actually tested it much. Would need to run it 100 times to get any meaningful numbers.

I’ve definitely not gotten anywhere near 66% stun rate with Phoro. Seems more like 35-40% success rate.

1 Like

Pho’s stun works less than 66%, yes. It’s more a 50% chance.

1 Like

its a big risk swapping it in, if you do stun, great have fun with killing the opponents Dino, or bird, or mammal, or tortoise, or crocodile, it you don’t stun , you die 99% of the time on the next hit.

1 Like

It’s a notoriously risky move - always has been.
I only use it as a last resort.

1 Like

My Phoru stuns from time to time (feels like 50% not 66%) but I find that mostly a con, not a pro. If the creature is stun-resistant - forget about it, won’t ever land. I think this swap-in should have been revised long ago cause it’s risk/reward ratio is so skewed - for the chance to maybe probably hopefully stun your opponent (provided they aren’t resistant/immune already) you are locked in for 2 turns, even if you fail - which you probably will most of the times anyway. Since you won’t deal any damage with the swap-in, unlike other dinos, if you don’t stun it’s already 1 turn wasted. Then if you want to be able to escape and cleanse, it’s another turn wasted with no damage. Just not worth it… but we’re forced to use it anyway. It doesn’t even suit the creature to be able to stun when it comes into play (unlike Smilonemys for example, or any ceratopsian), would have been way better if it dealt damage. At least IR is powerful…

1 Like