Ludia Forums

Phorusaura's Instant Rampage

I think Ludia should remove that move from the game completely. It’s ridiculous that people can swap that dino in, stun and use it right away without any delay! Basically it’s the same thing as Rampage in Swap-in that has been nerfed!

No it is not. Swap-in stun doesn’t affect Immunes, and has only a 66% chance of working. Not only that, you can easily predict the use of Instant Rampage to counter it, either with a move or by swapping to a tank, or a creature with an SIA that can reduce or completely block the damage.

But I will admit, even as a Phorusaura user, it is one scary opponent if you haven’t drawn anything with armour. But you’re probably far more likely to see it brought out normally. Stun has dropped a lot in relevance with all the partial-immunes out there.

19 Likes

The crying over dinos is getting so old. The Stun has an effective rate well under 50%. The swap in is a desperation move and does no damage. Even so, instant rampage gives the opportunity to swap first. If you have a High Hp dino like Max, you are not done, if you have an armored dino like Tryko, Dio or even Tark, you are good, if you have a Quetzorion, swap in and mitigate the damage… you are good. It is just fine as is.

12 Likes

Agreed, at least you have a chance to mitigate the damage. Swap in rampage was terrible because you could do absolutely nothing about it. Here you at least have options on how you want to deal with it.

4 Likes

Besides, Maiasaura’s had this exact same gimmick since it was released. Yet Phorusaura is the problem. Sounds like someone’s had a rough time in the arena.

12 Likes

Tho I dont think it needs changed, phorusaura is a pain to deal with. That instant rampage hurts when you dont have a way to mitigate it. But most of the time you can predict what your opponent will do. Swapping to something that can take 2 rampages (like a tank or a swap in distractor/ dodge) can usually help.

4 Likes

Thanks to that, Phorus can kick stupid dodgers’ butt before they can dodge, so it’s a MUST

8 Likes

To all those who says swap-in stun has 66% chance only I didn’t see it even once failing from enemy in ages and whenever I see a stun dino swapped-in I am certain to be stunned but mine really really stun like 50% of times. When I bring out my smilonemys I am certain that my stun won’t work. And when it works (occasionally) I feels like I hit a jackpot :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will say that the instant rampage move can be very annoying, but I have to say I disagree because you have to learn to play around it. The same goes on account for Procerathomimus. It may be too powerful for an epic creature, but if you understand the moves and effects it is not that hard to deal with. I can’t say I necessarily become annoyed with the green bird and Phorusaura, because I don’t think people abuse those creatures as much as they did Dracorat.

2 Likes

Honestly while I do agree it maybe be too good against like stuff like spxs which it can basically one shot but like that’s basically all it has like then it’s just fodder for Thors, trykos, indos and anything that can survive the initial rampage and if you see that you can be one shot I usually swap out to a tank or something with swap in dodge or distraction.

Ya but if ya compare the two you can clearly see how much stronger it is

Although if they were to give a nerf ummmm I think it be just idk -100 so it can fit with it’s parent and like -200 health but I think it fine but it’s not like meta relevant so I have no problem with it

1 Like

Sorry but I wasn’t talking about swap in stun in general but Instant Rampage move. No creature should have ability to do that.

Why not? Instant Rampage is basically a Rampage that goes first… Even if it was a normal Rampage, in a creature with base speed 131 would probably go first anyway, unless the opponent uses another instant or dodging move.

So, considering most Intant D. users are tanks, the issue you must be having is not being able to dodge first… or maybe distract with Procerat… Which personally I think it’s wonderful… Screw dodges. Screw Procerat.

4 Likes

All other instant moves don’t deal ANY damage. I really think it’s as bad as swap in rampage.

1 Like

Taking away 100 damage from a 1500 damage dino is a huuuuge difference. It would strip It out of it’s role of taking out 3000 hp dinos in one hit, droping it’s relevance significantly. I wouldn’t change It at all, but If It had to be nerfed, just a slight hp nerf. But honestly, as you said, it’s checked by so many tanky things that It hardly needs any change.

1 Like

False. Instant charge.

7 Likes

Lol while that is true in like the end or even mid game there aren’t a lot of relevant dinos that have 3.k health only one I could think of is spxs cause the rest are rares, commons and epics but it not broken and ya it can be countered heck even monostego can beat it since it’s not immune to anything except swap prevention. And ya honestly if it wants to have that high first hit maybe it should get a health nerf but that’s up to ludia to decide

4 Likes

Me: sees a phor swap in and about to almost one shot me

My thylo:

7 Likes

Lmao worse than an overboosted Thor?

1 Like