Ludia Forums

Piercing bite

This may sound silly, but i don’t get how “Piercing Bite” works and therefore i treat it as a throw away MOD. It says it does 40 per cent of the attack stat even if it’s blocked, but what if the opponent blocks for more? Or what happens if you attack for more than one? And how useful is it anyway?

1 Like

It only works if your attack points are <= his block points.
For me it’s the most useless mod there is.

2 Likes

And it’s always 40 per cent of one attack point?

I can’t help you here. I do not know because I pay no attention to this mod.

Yes. And it ONLY works if all of your attack points are blocked. If one attack point goes through, no piercing bite. As my lead off creature is a sacrificial lamb, I use piercing bite as my lead off mod on most battles.

4 Likes

Same. It’s definitely the most worthless mod there is but sometimes if the opponent still doesn’t attack after I’ve got my 4 reserve, I’ll use some of the remaining on an attack, which he usually blocks… so there is a small chance that the piercing bite will at least do something. It’s such a small amount though, that it’s pretty pointless, it SHOULD give a percentage of the entire attack that was blocked. The difference between a rare mod like this and the new super rare ones that are WAY over-powered, is just ridiculous. It speaks to how poorly implemented the mods were, whether done on purpose or not.

1 Like

Of course this is the rare mod that I land on the most on spins :triumph:

2 Likes

Same
10 characters

1 Like

Just figured out what the “10 characters” on your posts are for. LOL

2 Likes

Agreed. Bind, bleed, splinter, and piercing bite don’t fit very well with my play style. Inspire is amazing, especially stacked.

Splinter could definitely work into my playstyle if I could easily (and cheaply) get bunches of it

2 Likes

Piercing bite is good for a support MOD. I generally put it on my second creature and when I use it I do one attack only so I either get one full attack or 40% of one attack. I then throw the other points into reserve or block depending on the strategy I am running for that match. It is for sure one of the more worthless MODs but it is great at allowing other actions for developing reserve points. This also keeps the AI guessing at what you are doing.

1 Like