Ludia Forums

Please explain why there are useless legendaries

I purchased two 2 for 1 legendary packs for 5000 gems and ended up with 3 chests and a useless legs for the mage. Please explain why you have made the game this way?

2 Likes

What he said :laughing:. Also why is armor useless?? Bonus question :grin:

2 Likes

I feel your pain @herpderp. This is why I never buy Legendary packs: too many useless items.

IMO the best strategy is to accumulate 4500 gems and trade them for 100 k gold and than buy the Legendary items you need when they appear in the store for 40k.

It takes time and patience for sure but you don’t have to deal with the frustration which comes from dropping 2 armours.

4 Likes

In the store, you can buy gems with real cash and gold with gems but not gold with real cash, so a player such as yourself Fizbanius, buying gold with gems would make sense

Most of us that spend nothing or VIP only, would never spend 4,500 gems for a measly 100k gold🤡

Why not? I dont get your point @Khmer? I’m just saying that it’s more effective to buy the single legendary card you need for 40k instead of spending 2500 gems for a pack which is like the roulette.

“so a player such as yourself Fizbanius”…what do you mean?
I don’t spend nothing but VIP subscription, and when it happens I collect 4500 gems I trade them for 100k gold = 2.5 epic cards.

2 Likes

Nothing but VIP… I’ve played likely more than anyone in the Waterdeep community over the past year, certainly top 1%, and for you ro suggest you rank top 3 in this game while only vIP is amusing to me🤡

My point is…

The only way for players to purchase gold with real money is by purchasing gems, and that for most players, and likely the majority, spending 4,500 gems to purchase 100k of gold, as you had suggested, is a complete rip off.

UNLESS, you spend real $$ , then it would make perfect sense.

Envy is a bad beast, sorry for you @Khmer.

I use my brain not my money. I patiently farmed all the epics I needed over the first 4 months. I subscribed VIP only in October (started in July). After I reached a good renown level, I subscribed VIP once I decided I liked the game.

You can ask any of my Guildmates I also have never bought neither JARLAXE

nor JOPPA

I have looted both of them only recently during the last two dedicated events (because, for me, it’s inconceivable to spend the equivalent of a PS4 full game for a character, let alone to buy gems to buy gold to buy legendary cards).

In the last months I’ve also unsubscribed for some weeks the VIP subscription because the game has become boring. Only recently I’ve re-subscribed VIP to sustain Ludia which is launching a new content.

Of course I invested a lot of time (which is more precious than money).

Sorry for you anyway, envy is a really bad beast :clown_face:

[Edit] I subscribed Warrior List this month since it seems to be a really good deal.

2 Likes

Not for all players, evidently. To farm Lightfinger it takes me less then 5 minutes (I use Shevarith Legendary Staff maxed).

If I want I can make 4500 gems in a couple of days. I play during commuting to work or in any other free moment I want to dedicate to the game.

1 Like

I’m not envious, ive spent thousands on games, so quite the opposite, fortunately though, this game has provided all the resources required to be very competitive by simply playing it.

But to say you don’t spend other than VIP to illustrate your point, is silly.

Right, but you are giving advice to players who can’t farm 4500 in 2 days, so your methods would not be in their best interests

You know what is silly? Your maths skills…
Here below your statement

Please explain me…how? From Lightfinger you need to roll a “17” 44.4 times to make 100k gold, but only 33.3 “16” to collect 4500 gems…again, dear @Khmer I use my brain and a precise management of time/resources instead of spending money.

I can’t understand whether you are serious or just a troll. I was explaining which is, in my opinion, the most effective way to obtain the Legendary you really need.

I know it’s not easy to farm 4500 gems, for the same reason is not easy to farm 2500 gems for an epic pack which will give you, if you are lucky, 1 legendary you need and 1 you don’t (plus some k golds). At the end of the day, with 9000 gems, I will buy 5 Legendary cards I really need.

And thanks to this strategy I reached my current gear level.

What you haven’t understood is that I’m suggesting a cheaper way to obtain what you need to help players to save their money.

If I was the big spender you think I am, I would have said nothing: I would have used my money to buy as many gems I needed to buy Legendary packs every Saturday and that’s it.

Instead, if you patiently farm the right gear in the right way, you can get all you want, even without VIP. One of my guildmates has 1 Mi gold and 30k gems and he has never spent a single dime (nor he uses any farm bot, of course). You stated you are among 1% of players who spent most time in this game…probably you have to work on your strategy.

I was wondering, you must be able to beat 20lvl bots, yes?

Of course, many times in a row, so what?
I haven’t never reset the gem to get Joppa (for all the 4 stages) and only once to get Jarlaxe (stage 2, 30 gems if I recall well) if this is what you mean.

On average I win 95% vs lvl 20 bots…so what?

@Khmer

This is my current situation. Do you think I’m a kind of crazy masochist who has spent hundreds of €€€ to buy gems to accumulate 500k ish gold? :joy::joy:

What it’s true is that I can buy the next 12 Legendary cards I want, whenever they will show in the store…it’s not a race.

There will be people who defends opposites sides of this coin. I particularly think it’s crazy to let go a wiz staff or a hunter bracer f/e because you don’t have 40k gold and refuses to buy gold with gems, as I also think it’s crazy to let go the same is they appear for 2k gems because once every 14 days you can get an extra chance of having 2 crappy random ones for 500 more gems. Time is the key here imho.

One side note: as I read, you don’t stop pulling legendaries which you maxed, so you can purchase several random packs and still get the crap you don’t want over and over…

1 Like

Exactly, I know players who have maxed legendary armors and continue to accumulate cards…

That’s why it is more effective to collect gems and trade them for gold. Unless you are a big spender and you don’t care and you can afford to buy legendary packs every Saturday.

1 Like

I tend to maintain a stockpile of both gems and gold. I believe this is why I often have two legendary items available in the store at the same time. one for 40,000 gold and one for 2,000 gems.

2 Likes

I have also, but I don’t recieve both gem and coin offerings.

I did twice or thrice.