Ludia Forums

Please show current trophies as matches start! or at the end of match at least

I would be okay with the new system if they showed the current score of each player as the match started. But as it is, when you lose 40 points or only gain 20 when facing someone with a higher leveled team and a higher high score it feels like the system isn’t working right. A little transparency would go a long way to showing the system is actually working correctly.

3 Likes

It would be better to show the relevant information at the end of the match. They used to show this information at the start of the game and some players used it to ensure they never fight someone higher than them, resulting in an unusual number of matches timing out.

4 Likes

I would be okay with that too, just as long as I could know for sure that I lost 40 points because they were actually more then 100 points below me when the match started. Just some system that shows us that the actual points are doled out accordingly and accurately.

2 Likes

Instead of ensuring I will never fight anyone higher than me, I will ensure not to fight anyone with lower trophies, Im really sick of getting matched with lower trophy players, I would’ve been in gyrosphere now but because of the system I’m still 5.3k.

2 Likes

Just so I am understanding this right. I am talking about the point where it actually starts the match, both players are there for that and then you choose your dino. Aren’t you committed to the match at this point? if you swipe the game away to close it wouldn’t it act like a disconnect and just auto choose the first attack ever time for you until the game ended or you reconnected? Which would probably end up giving you a loss when you logged back in right? I think if you did that you would deserve the loss being tagged to your account and shown once you logged back in.

The face off screen was just before you could select your creature. It was showing the names and current scores. As soon as it was there if you closed the app, the match was timing out.

That’s awful, couldn’t they make it so if you get to that point you are committed instead of waiting to commit by choosing creatures, that seems a simple fix, but then again, nothing seems like a simple fix for Ludia, lol.

1 Like

There is a rumour that some alliances used the face off screen to trade wins. So that’s another issue with face off screen. The information at the end of the game would be much better.

2 Likes

Maybe at the end of the match. We define need to know the opponents current rank, since that’s what matchmaking is based on. But putting it at the beginning might cause people to quit prematurely for a variety of reasons.

2 Likes

So, simple solution, at the end of the match it shows both players (like it currently does), but it also shows their current scores and then you see the total won and lost by each and watch as they get added to the winners total at the same time as they are subtracted from the losers total. This would give transparency so we can see it is working as Ludia says it is, and allow us to verify the accuracy of the points change.

3 Likes

The problem is this as I see it.

I just fought a team on my alt which is 25-28 mildly boosted.
They bring out a max boosted Tenontorex level 30, which takes out my first Dino and I take it with my second. Their max boosted level 30 Tryko beats my second and takes a huge chunk of my third. I knew I had lost but thought at least with the new system I would surely only lose 20 trophies.
Well when I lost and saw that I lost 40 trophies, I just thought - great job Ludia.
The person I fought had a full 8 at level 30 unique and apex team. Maybe a dropper who knows, but this system clearly doesn’t work at 5000 trophies. It is the worst thing possible for players like me, and whether they put the current trophies up or not, it won’t change match ups like that.

5 Likes

I agree their matching system is bad, but at least if we could see the final point tally of both players it would help us know for sure that we lost an appropriate amount of points based on their current scores and not on the only info we currently have which is high score and how much better their dino’s seem to be.

1 Like

Yeah I agree with @redprophet here. Matchmaking itself is independent of whether or not they show current scores, so at least showing these scores would allow us to know if Matchmaking was working or not.

1 Like

I don’t dispute that at all.
But whether we see it or not, it won’t make any difference when you lose 40 to a team that’s actually way better than yours.
So many players just do what’s necessary rather than use the arena for fun now. So the chances of actually having a run of really fair matches is now less likely than ever before.
I see players dropping deliberately from the reset and they don’t go back up until a few days before the reset. So their team is way from what it should be, as is their trophy count.
I’ve not dropped, and I’m persecuted for staying where I ought to be. I may as well just freefall and get easier match ups. Drop from 5000 to 4500 and I could be getting the 40 for a win against a team that’s way worse than mine!

2 Likes

Yeah that’s a big problem, but hopefully seeing the stat they actually use for matchmaking will help us spot when that happens so we can petition Ludia to change.

2 Likes

What surprises me is that Ludia must have the data available already and must have looked into it. My bet is that generating frustration is probably the best income generator from players well into the game.

3 Likes

Are you suggesting that Ludia purposely wants to frustrate people so that they buy boosts to get their trophy count back up? My goodness, Ludia would never do anything like that. :sweat_smile: :money_with_wings:

3 Likes