Plesiosaurs were reptiles that lived in the seas, complete their drawing. But wait, this is a mosasaur!

There I was, sitting on the couch making a book of dinosaurs with exercises listening to the barking of dogs that live in my house. Everything was going well until I came across this:

In the photo you can see two mosasaurus (I believe), but that’s not the problem. The problem is the challenge to be made: Plesiosaurs were reptiles that lived in the seas, complete their drawing. But wait. What Plesiosaur? I don’t see any. Don’t tell me that the same guy who tried to prove that Pachy, Stygi and Draco were the same animals made the theory that Mosa and Ple were the same animals. Anyway. I’m sharing this … experience I had less than 30 minutes ago.

I know this is pretty random. But believe me, this is much more random.

Now I will look for more mistakes and nonsense. Honestly, I hope I won’t find any more because this book is aimed at children (that’s right for children and I have it) and we don’t want the next generations to learn wrong about these fascinating creatures.

Anyway. Thank you for reading this disaster and have a great day.

EDIT: Due to my lack of knowledge, I didn’t know that the creatures above were creatures
of Pliosauridae Family. Thanks @Mudkipz for explaining. Below I found an error (this time I’m sure it’s an error).

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they are plesiosaurs. Specifically pliosaurs/pliosauromorphs, aka “short necked plesiosaurs”. Examples include Pliosaurus, Lipleurodon, and Kronosaurus. Notice their back flippers and relatively short tails. However they don’t have quite enough details to be positive, but I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt. They are not mosasaurs, and thankfully no one thinks Mosasaurs and Plesiosaurs are closely related.

However, I’m pretty sure the Dracorex/Stygimoloch/Pachycephalosaurus being different life stages theory has held up in the paleontological community. The same guy also suggested that Triceratops and Torosaurus were the same animal though, and THAT claim has not been well supported.

2 Likes

I’m honestly surprised. Thanks for that explanation!

1 Like

why is there a edapho and a stego at the same place?

2 Likes

Lol that last picture is so wrong :joy:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they could be pliosaurs/plesiosaurs. The general body plan does match a pliosaur. But given that they drew a Dimetrodon in the Jurassic period, I wouldn’t put it past them to have based their “plesiosaur” off of a Mosasaur, especially when looking at the head.

1 Like

same kind of people that label dimetordon and other non dinos as dinosaurs.

2 Likes

to me it looks like an edapho.
According to every photo ive seen of edapho and dimetro, edapho has a rounder head.

Yeah I think you’re right. Still out of place though :joy:

wait, im right! ive never been right

Besides the head shape, the thing to look for would be bumps on the spines that make the sail, which Edaphosaurus had but not Dimetrodon. But I sincerely doubt the artist knew to draw that.

1 Like