Ludia Forums

Plesiosuchus Tournament 4/24 - 27

It is official, the tournament this weekend is for the new Aquatic Creature Plesiosuchus. Naturally, this is our first chance to unlock the creature. That often translates to needing a higher score to finish in Dominator League.

4 Likes

guess i better clear my schedule

1 Like

And the tournament will be Jurassic which is absolutely logical since it is about unlocking an aquatic creature. :crazy_face:

5 Likes

I pulled 1450 as my first solid DOM rodeo last weekend. (Previous week I squeaked in on a hope and a prayer. Did some major leveling and rebalancing in between.)

If the numbers trend higher, won’t that give me easier matches and a higher trophy score? (If that is in DOM or not is the question I guess?)

1 Like

I am looking forward to this one new aquatic creature. And I am really happy, the tournament type is land, bec i dont have strong enough team for Aquatic tournaments yet

1 Like

Depending on how you approach the tournament, if you wait to start until later then yes you will have more rankings to get through at lower levels which will result in more “easy” battles. If you start at the same time as normal you will have additional Dominator battles to stay in that league. Just depends on how you approach it but at the end of the tournament a higher trophy requirement means more battles in total.

5 Likes

So another Cave Tourny creature, thats not what we need!
Hopefully a Tourny Hybrid will come soon, Reef or Cave, to make the Aquatic lineup a bit more balanced!

3 Likes

Creature discount on right now so if you need to get a couple of creatures to help with this tournament now is the time.

2 Likes

Typical morning run for me, it will be interesting to see how this tournament trends.

Sitting in 1st with 477, This seems to be about the normal trend in the last few tournaments for me.

2 Likes

Smooth morning run…

2 Likes

I just finished my first run with this score this time

1 Like

My morning run only got me 399. You’re all making me nervous! :wink:

Fri afternoon run: 665 (number 1 in Dom at the time)
Fri night run went poorly: 778 (started run at #1 and finished #1)
Sat morning ok: 975, still top of dom start and finish
Sat afternoon run: 1124 (ended at 4th)
Sat night run: 1354 (ended at 25th)
Sun morning run: 1697 (ended at 30th) top 2021 bottom 903)
Sun afternoon run: 1884 (ended at 44th) top 2393 bottom 1067)
Sun night run: 2115 (ended at 37th) top 2791 bottom 1244)
I should be good here.

Monday morning: Dom top 3281 bottom 1521

3 Likes

Good start today with new hybrid

1 Like

If you can hold pace you should be more than fine.

Figure if you can win about 10 battles a day from here on out it should put you in a good position. Lets assume 35 trophies per battle, x 10 = 350 for a full day. So Saturday and Sunday would net you 700. And if you count this evening as a half and Monday morning as a half that would be another 350.

1050 + your 400 puts you at around 1450.

Not sure what your battle team for Dom looks like but like i said, if you can win say 5 battles in the morning and 5 later after your dino’s cool down you should be in a good position. And winning just 1 more in the morning and afternoon say 6 is really going to make a difference in the long run.

That’s typically what i do. I do a push on the first morning to get as high as i can in dom, then just pace myself the rest of the tournament and try and finish as many of the PvE’s as possible at the same time.

Good luck

2 Likes

I landed at 1450 last week.

My fear is that this week will be higher due to the first time unlock. Possibly in the 1600 range.

I’ll keep grinding. My DOM line up has 2 more teams from last week. I can field about 10 battles every 7 hours. I win around half.

We’ll see. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We have limited data on first release tournaments
Gigantophis (2/25/19) was just before we started tracking tournaments and was exactly 3 days
Lythronax (3/18/19) had rules and was exactly 3 days but required 1167 trophies
Mastadon (7/1/19) required Mods and 1109 trophies and lasted for 4 days, 4 hours
Suchodus (7/29/19) lasted for 3 days, 4 hours and required 1415 trophies.
Eucladoceros (12/23/19) lasted for 3 days, 4 hours and required 1354 trophies. It had been out in the wild for a bit before this tournament.
Dracorex (3/2/20) lasted for 3 days, 4 hours. The bottom of dominator league ranged from 1397-1682 trophies.

So, we really have three comparable data points covering a wide range. At the absolute minimum, I would go for 1450 trophies and 1700+ would be much safer. It just depends on how much you think those top scores on Dracorex were outliers.

5 Likes

My first run was pretty bumpy. Got ruined by max VIPs at the very bottom of Predator league even though the level 20 tournament creatures i’d brought used to work just fine

2 Likes

I always find the opponent teams very hit or miss. 2 tournaments ago i had a super easy go the 1st day, not even really 1 difficult battle, was winning with teams i wouldn’t even consider using normally. Then the next day i dropped to somewhere in the middle of dom over night, but when i started battling again it was like the difficultly got turned up significantly. I lost a couple battles with a few of my better teams.

Kinda how this morning went. I didn’t lose a match, they were all pretty easy. The only match that seemed a little sketchy was my very last one while in 1st in dom with my best team non the less. 2 lvl 40 VIP’s on the other team. I still squeaked out the win though.

1 Like

So far, still not many difficult matches during a few evening battles…

2 Likes

Data from tonight

2 Likes