(Poll) How long can you take the new map lag?

Assuming that the map performance lag introduced during last update (v2.15) doesn’t improve,

When will you greatly reduce your play time? :thinking:

• I already play much less now
  • 0-1 months
  • 1-2 months
  • Never, I don’t care how bad the lag gets

0 voters

(Note this is not a “quit” thread, it’s just a reduction in amount of time played thread)

3 Likes

Up to 90 votes, nice! :+1:

1 Like

My frustration hit a new level when it became clear we are getting another update without this being sorted. Most ‘bugs’ i see getting complained about are peripheral (animations and the like), whereas this fundamentally affects gameplay, arguably more than every other issue combined excluding the pvp nonsense. Currently im persevering, and maintaining 5+hrs, just not getting as much done.

5 Likes

Well put. Yep, same frustration here.

I will probably play the same amount of time as I usually do, but the lag has been quite frustrating. I’d say I belong in the category of “My playtime will stay, but I do care how bad the lag gets.”

3 Likes

Im probably just gonna wait for dominion for closure then say goodbye unless i unlikely get a new device

1 Like

I’m also in the “My playtime will stay, but I do care how bad the lag gets.” boat.

Though it’s more like my playtime increases because it now takes me around an hour to just do all the strike towers it’s that bad. My alliance is the only thing making me stay cos I enjoy said alliance, otherwise I’d be long gone.

1 Like

Lag sucks but for me it’s still quite playable. If it gets worse, however, then I’m forced to quit. Last time this happened I was about to get a new phone anyway, but this time it’s at least another 1.5 years before that can happen.

1 Like

This is an issue causing frustration indeed. Not a game design developer here but one starts to think whether this is actually a technically difficult issue to solve due to a number of reasons. However, why it happens more often after the 2.15 updates not before?

1 Like

I honestly don’t feel too much with the lag even though my phone is like a samsung 7, theres a LOT of other issues that make me want to quit though

1 Like

Interesting :thinking:, someone in another thread has a Samsung S20 and doesn’t notice any lag either. Maybe Samsung models aren’t affected by the new map lag issue?

Agreed, lots of issues but this one seems like a total show stopper :stop_sign: for non-Samsung devices until it is fixed.

I don’t care at all :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :woozy_face: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I hope they fix the lag in 2.16.

2 Likes

Im on a 7mth old A52s with hardly any apps on it and the lag is god awful, was barely noticable pre-2.15.

1 Like

2 s20s in this house, both have massive lag not really playable any faster than walking speed. Never used to be this way.

1 Like

Maybe if they fix the map lag, they can fix the collection lag too. Or is that too much to hope for?

3 Likes

Whoa! Easy there. Let’s not get too ambitious now. :sweat_smile:

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl:
(10 Scaphotatprs)

We have a mystery legendary to be introduced next week (we all know who it is)

But seriously if the only way of getting her is the same as para lux via laggy rng short range wild galli chases on the map this is a kick to the gut to everyone who suddenly have nigh unbearable laggy maps just because of 1 sloppy update

1 Like

Since Google is ending support for their game mapping in December, why can’t JWA use Open Street Maps like Pokemon GO? This is a screenshot from my PoGo game last night. As you can see, the map is similar. It has daytime, evening, and night modes. It also has NO lag.

3 Likes