Ludia Forums

Poll on the state of the current game: Everyone let your voice be heard!

Hi, me again so after basically having an afternoon of failure, pain, suffering and getting my butt kicked into oblivion I wanted to know about the communities opinion on the 20/40 system, as well as on the apexs and boosts. So below are some polls to share your opinions and experiences. So ya cast your votes and if you wish to elaborate then discuss below.

What is your opinion of the state of arena/ pvp as of 2.7
  • Arena is awesome and very enjoyable
  • Arena is great and very diverse
  • Arena is okay but stale
  • Arena is bad and boring
  • Arena is frustrating and too repeatative
  • Arena is unfair and too aggravating

0 voters

Thoughts on the 20/40 system part A: what arena are you currently in?
  • Nublar Shores
  • Gyrosphere Depot
  • Lockwood Library
  • Aviary
  • Lockwood Estate
  • Jurassic Ruins
  • Sorna Marshes
  • Lockdown
  • Badlands
  • Nublar Jungle
  • S.S. Arcadia
  • MT. Sibo
  • Fallen Kingdom

0 voters

Part B: what is you average team levels?
  • 28-30
  • 25-27
  • 21-24
  • 17-20
  • 13-16
  • 9-12
  • 1-6

0 voters

Part 3: what is your experience with the 20/40 system base the previous polls?
  • 20/40 is great as it has allowed me to flourish in arena
  • 20/40 is good system and it rewards me fairly
  • 20/40 is an okay system and it only occasionally is unfair
  • 20/40 is fine for the time being but I rather have a better system
  • 20/40 is a bad system and its really punishes too harshly
  • This new 20/40 system is impossible and hinders progress

0 voters

Arena Team opinions: What are the top 2 rarity of dinosaurs you see on every team?
  • Apex
  • Unique
  • Legendary
  • Epic
  • Rare
  • Common

0 voters

Opinions on Apex part 1: What do you think of apex in general?
  • They are very meta defining and have very few easy to get counters; as well as being match swaying.
  • They are very strong but not too hard to counter; however maybe they shouldn’t be too easy to get.
  • They are just ok, not to strong and easy to counter.
  • They need to be stronger.
  • They are weak as heck.

0 voters

What is the strongest/op apex
  • Mortem rex
  • Hadros Lux
  • Ceramagnus
  • Gorgotrebax
  • Refrenantem

0 voters

Boosts: what category of boost do you feel effects your battle out come more?
  • Speed
  • Attack
  • Health

0 voters

Boosts: what do you think is more important, boosts or levels?
  • Boost
  • Levels

0 voters

Boost: do you think boosts is one of the main cause for cunning’s downfall?
  • Yes
  • Kinda
  • Maybe
  • No

0 voters

Anyway thats it, thanks for sharing your opinions!

14 Likes

If the Mods can send this too ludia that be great cause it be nice to see how the player base feels rn. (@Piere87 or @Bart_H mind doing a similar poll in the Gamepress server or directing them here to get a bigger estimation on the player base as a whole.)

People should bear in mind for the last question, boosts really aren’t the source of Cunning’s downfall in the current meta.

They just aggravate the already existing problem that meta too heavily favors Resilients over the other classes in all categories, and Cunnings are the easiest class to get screwed over by bad RNG.

7 Likes

True thats kinda whey I put one of the main causes. But also even before the class system boosts were always very much against cunnings cause they have to do an all around type of boosting instead of just one or two.

2 Likes

I think the current state of the game is a little more complicated than any poll offered can suggest. Sure the arena can be a hassle, blame could be put into the trophy system, boost, or apex creatures. But when we look at the each catalyst individually, we were already dealing a terrible arena experience long before apexes were introduced whether apexes are considered op or not. The trophy system has gone a couple changes yet ive not noticed any changes. The 30/30 is just as bad compared to the 20/40 system whether its fair or not and of course its just an opinion of mine. And well boost, what many consider the bad egg of the bunch. I understand that profits need to be made, thats what companies do and what some people need to understand is how things work. My only problem with boost is that there isn’t enough to go around for tourneys, arenas, and raids and they get me stuck on one arena team. A full level 30 team aided with magnus and lux can’t stay in library. I’d like a way for me to add variety to my team. I had so much with fun during the boost shuffle because i used all these different creatures that I’ve unlocked but can’t use cuz theres no boost available for me to use them in the arena. If ludia can figure out a way where i can always add variety to my arena team and switch it around at will without being creamed by a nitro thor, a speedy magna, etc etc etc. For me it would come a long way rather than being stuck with one team.

6 Likes

Actually Cunnings were starting to get the bad end of the stick well before boosts were a thing.

Namely, when Ardentismaxima was ruling the arena when it was first introduced.

2 Likes

Lol nah when maxima was introduced it was okay, then like always ludia buffed and then it ruled over arena.

Exactly, it’s actually quite hard to explain the problems with the game using broad sweeping statements. This may be a hot take, but I honestly think the game has more problems with individual dinos than with any one mechanic or feature. Resilients are strong and resilient attacks are strong, but not every resilient is overpowered (in fact, many are quite weak). Swap in attacks are strong and hard to counter, but not every swap in attack or swap in attacker is op - why is something like Ceramagnus, Monolorhino, or even Woolly Rhino considered OP when Monostegotops isn’t, despite all of them having swap in stunning strike? Apexes are strong, but not every apex is unreasonably hard to counter. Boosts are strong, but not every dino becomes a target of nitro boosting or becomes OP when they’re heavily boosted. All of these things I’ve listed can be very problematic, but the fact that they aren’t always shows that they aren’t inherently so, or at the very least that something else like specific combinations of these factors is at play. I think we as a community need to really pinpoint specific causes for problems before we tackle these kind of systemic changes, which could potentially mess things up even more.

6 Likes

Good point; I think it comes down to accessibility, viability, and also just how good a creature is (consider what the creatures weakness is and how easy it is to fix its weaknesses). I think all play into what you said @Mudkipz .

2 Likes

Maxima was one of worst uniques, when they introduced it. They buffed it (first time) few updates later.

4 Likes

Yup same with Gemini

I heard many things in this game, but I enter the arena is not safe anymore because those people spent boosts in specific stats for some creatures did almost destroy my entire team. If some people will be an addict to this game, then you lose some battle with trophy system that did ruin some in high-rank arena feel depression and pain. I notice that some apex creatures are op like Ceramgnus and Hadros Lux able to crush them, Compsocaulus will raise very soon sound similar to Monolometrodon, even Woolly Rhino ruin someone’s day for swap in a stunning strike and it needs nerfs. Cunning class had fallen, then 2.7 save them, but it seems not enough to be strong. I did use only one cunning creature is Indoraptor is part of my team. I spent this game about three years to back to the old day had been a normal and fun time, then a lot of features added in this game are… still unbalance.
Here is my team and in Jurassic Ruins arena.

I just want to see that everyone use different creatures in their own team, but in reality, it doesn’t work in this game how they use them, and I think our community needs to solve the whole situation by totally mess thing if it gets worse, then their chance of hope by listening to your voice as @Funtime_dino said.

1 Like

Interesting and yet expected results. Keep them coming the larger the sample size the better.

Well gonna close this tomorrow and then go into the answer cause it really says a lot on the state of the game rn. Mostly its show the current bottle neck in low endgame.