Ludia Forums

[Poll] What do you like better? Resilient with speed reduction or vulnerability?

It seems that the new resilient moves have created quite some bombs.

Which resilient moves do you like better? The old ones with speed reduction or the new ones with vulnerability?

• With Speed Reduction
  • With Vulnerability

0 voters

6 Likes

It’s interesting to see such kind of result…

2 Likes

It literally makes zero sense to give resilients vulnerable instead of slowing, when slowing was the very thing that defined them…

4 Likes

vulnerability is broken for hadros

11 Likes

Vul became broken for some of the counter attacks, but like Dio, it is dead now i feel.

2 Likes

it really depends on the creature. I watn vul to become fixed though for some counter attacking dinos such as dio ans tryko. the vul is only for the counter and I can not get the huge rampage that I want to get off.

I prefer speed decrease but I doubt ludia will go back from this. I feel like dio could have resilient strike and superiority rampage or the other way around. tenrex should have superiority strike or group superiority to make it more useful in raids. Tryko should have a decelerating counter.

1 Like

It has always been more about a case by case issue than a whole class issue …

2 Likes

I’m used to resilient moves with the slowing mechanic, not vuln.

The game has descended into big sluggers trying to make each other vulnerable… and swapping at the key moment…

If you are gonna do an update… at least make it fun. This is just a grind now… really boring.

3 Likes

Why did they even removed slow down for Resilient attacks?

1 Like

I think Vulnurability is better as the general debuff for the class, speed control was far too valuable to have constant access to. This issue with vulnerability is more an inherent problem involving Resilients high average base damage, their plethora of high multiplier moves, and the usual issues anymore of high swap in damage metas.

3 Likes

If they wanted to improve some cunning, the easiest thing was to give him immunity to the slowdown as some creatures in the game have, and the resilients would be useful as they were before and without the vulnerability, it was so easy to solve, but some complained and Ludia changed the I play completely, resilient must counter cunning, cunning must counter fierce, fierce must counter resilient, and wild cards may or may not counter whatever, that was the motto of the game, that’s the class system I want, But cunning could never get over the ferocious, because of the very game that is rock, paper, scissors, cunning doesn’t fully counter fierce, stun isn’t working the way it should, and the game is currently broken.

1 Like

Resilients needed a nerf, but after seeing the change they made, I’m not sure it was the right one. TBF, things did get better for low-rarity creatures, but for higher rarities, it’s even more obnoxiously focused on a tank/swap meta–hardly a nerf at all for many major Resilients.

A much better change would’ve been to reduce the Decel to 25%, remove the Speed Increase removal, and grant Resilient class moves a new “Ignore Distraction” or “Increase Distract Resistance by 100% for this turn, 1 attack” so that they aren’t impacted by Distraction but don’t altogether remove it.

I don’t think that’s a good idea. Cunning creatures should be countered by resilients, It would make no sense to give them that immunity unless the dino were part fierce. It’s fierce dinos that need that resistance more to make sure they counter resilients. Making cunnings gain an advantage over resilients would break the class system even more. As i see It the real reason cunning creatures were barely relevant is not because resilients as a whole are too strong( most resilients are balanced, only a very few select resilients are OP), but because there aren’t enough relevant fierce dinos for them to counter. Mortem and Thor are the only pure fierce end game viable, Thor gets shut down by almost any cunning, but Mortem breaks the system with cleansing impact. In addition to that, the few resilients that dominate the meta not only counter cunnings (as they should), but they counter fierce creatures as well. When the best counters for a resilient is another resilient, you have few fierce creatures, and because of that even less cunning creatures. But cunning creatures aren’t weak, many are actually pretty strong, but with so few relevant fierce for them to counter there’s no reason to use them.

1 Like

I don’t remember I had a poll on this change before this update. Cannot believe that Ludia just went ahead making such a huge move to change the whole class of dinos without any significant research.

1 Like

I do think the removal of decel helped some dinos regain footing but Hadros breaks vulnerable badly. Magus having the ability to swap in now on a vulnerable creature is also ridiculous but it some ways this is an improvement overall

I knew it would be unpopular, but I prefer them with vulnerability. For the first time, I feel like my cunning dinos actually stand a chance in the arena.

That being said, some aspects NEED to change - Hadros, Ceramagnus, and swap in attackers. We’ve been asking for these changes for far too long. Also, perhaps a very, very unpopular opinion, but I really believe that healing moves need to be looked into for Hadros (and a few others).

4 Likes

Think for hadros they need to lower the base dmg of it, or they could give it 0% distraction resistance.
It does way too much dmg at the moment.
Somethings wrong when lux one shots mortem turn 1 :joy:
Honestly at the moment if I didn’t have poukan my team would be struggling :100:

3 Likes

What I would do is lower hadros attack to 1350 or 1300. I would also buff Mortem´s health to 4800 and give its vulnerability resistance back.

1 Like