It would go something like this:
- You open up a creature’s file by clicking on the portrait in the Collection Tab
- Next to or just under where the game states its level, there would be an icon similar to the boost refund icon.
- When you click on the icon, you get a small Warning Box like: “Continuing will remove a level from this creature, a process which cannot be undone. Would you like to Continue?” Or something similar.
- You click the “Yes” button.
- The game removes a level from the creature in question. As compensation, you would get DNA and coins. You would get half the coins it takes to level the creatures up (De-Levelling a Lvl 20 creature with give you 20,000 coin).
- The DNA received would be half the DNA necessary to take the creature to that level. (Again, Lvl 20’s. If you De-Level a Lvl 20 Epic, you would get 375 DNA back). Hybrids would give you back the DNA of said hybrid, and not that of the components since that would get very messy very quickly.
- This might take a transfer of Hard Cash, although ideally it wouldn’t.
Edit: Creatures can only be de-levelled to their minimum level. So Uniques can go to 21, Legendaries to 16, Epics to 11, Rares to 6 and Commons all the way to 1.
Basically this system is for getting resources out of your currently useless creatures. You get coin and DNA at the cost of a level each.