Potential Buff For Fierce Creatures

I was in the Monolometrodon discuss and Issah_Will and I came up with a potienal addition to fierce. Usually how it goes with fierce is just damage, with no real immunities (Allo Gen 2 is an exception) usually, just a resistance or 2. So if they only have a couple resistances, lets have some good ones. Since JWA bases most chompers off of large carnivores, why not have the fierce class get stun and deceleration resistances? This would allow them to compete against resilients better while not making them strong against cunning as well as having more options in a fight when stun is involved than just hope it fails. So what I’m thinking is for a 50% Decel resistance on most fierce, and 67% Stun resistance. Now with the argument of stunning due to size, shouldn’t most of the sauropods have it? Well most of them do, and the ones that don’t have other good attributes (Dippy’s 1500 damage, and Sorona’s Counter Attack and moveset).

Leave your thought’s down below!

2 Likes

I don’t think deceleration resistance would help fierce against resilient, since most fierce creatures are slower than the resilient creatures they counter. Even if they’re faster, it’s only by a few speed points, meaning anything short of around 100% resistance probably isn’t going to work. The really fast fierce creatures are already Immune to Deceleration.

Stun resistance would help against ceratopsians, but it would also be an indirect nerf to Rinex, Smiloceph, Smilo, Utasino and Phorusaura.

2 Likes

ya, stunners already have the most resistences againt them, theyre pretty useless already so please dont. Ceratopsians need their old form. I remember when sino was like the best epic dino and used on low every team.

1 Like

In that case why not make almost all speedsters vulnerable to stun and have fierce dinos resist It? It would make much more sense in the class system that way. Some speedsters have stun resistance as a reminder of their immunity times but now there’s no reason for them to have this advantage over stunners. Fierce dinos have very few resistances and i think stun resistance would fit them well in the class system.

4 Likes

I think that’s fair, and they need to give the Hadrosaurs back their stunning moves to make a bigger difference.

4 Likes

I agree with this, but the speed decrease resistance needs to be 100% or It won’t work. While it’s true like @Qaw said that speed decrease resistance won’t help slow chompers, i think they should still have It. I’m not saying all chompers should have It, Tryko, Thor and Tenrex definitely shouldn’t have it imo, they already do fine without that. But most non hybrids and some hybrids should. Even If they don’t naturally outspeed it’s nice to have the possibility to use a boosted chomper that can’t be slowed. In this case the stun resistance wouldn’t be a problem either. Even If a Rex is immune to stun it would still lose to a rinex, smilo, utasino or phoru.
And on the case of faster speedsters like the tall legged crocs the stun resistance would be crucial to make them relevant in the tournaments, and It wouldn’t make them OP, just strong enough.

Tyrannolophosaur, Rexes, acrocanthosaurus, tarbo, allo, allo gen2, Spinotasuchus and the spinos should all have 100% speed decrease resistance.
Gorgosuchus, tyrannolophosaur, rexes, acro, tarbo, allo gen2, allo, spinonyx, Spinotasuchus, gorgosaurus should also have stun resistance of at least 75%, better If 100%

2 Likes

True, they could keep one healing move but removing all stunning moves made them really irrelevant outside raids.

What about the idea of giving some Fierce moves a cleanse deceleration + increase speed very slightly aspect? I don’t want to have to deal with Immune to Decel nitro Thors lol, and this would incentivise keeping chompers slow.

1 Like

I think this move might become more of a problem than the decel immunity. Besides, i never suggested that Thor and the other end game chompers get It, just some hybrids and mostly non hybrids. Thor, Tryko and Tenontorex don’t need It. But i would agree with this move on chompers If the limit of speed boosts was 20 instead of 40.

Will the decel cleansing, have it only as an impact or rampage, and have a 2 turn cooldown.

But adding a move with too many cooldowns on chompers will probably limit them too much, It might even be a nerf.

1 Like

Its just a 2 turn cooldown. No delay.

Chompers typically get KO’d after 2 turns anyway, so it should make no difference.
Tryko wouldn’t need it.

I still think it’s too limiting. Chompers rely on spamming high damage moves and not having It available would probably make them lose matchups they shouldn’t

1 Like

Let me make one real quick.

How so? On one hand, you are completely unable to to decelerate a 145 speed Thor for revenge-killing. On the other, you have a completely deceleratable Thor that goes from 145 to maybe 150 speed for 1 turn.

But yeah, making 1 speed boost equal 1 speed point is definitely a good idea.

2 Likes

True, tho i still think that for this move to work we need a change in the boost system, making speed boosts have a maximum of 20 instead of 40.

Also having decel and stun immunity would be important for lower rarity hybrids and non hybrid chompers, i think they should still have those.

1 Like

But I’m not suggesting those resistances for Thor anyways. Thor doesn’t need them. And in the case of Thor having this move in the current boost system It could accelerate on a speedster and possibly beat It next turn, although yeah, It isn’t that likely even If It outspeeds since it’s probably gonna be distracted, but still would do too much damage to its counter. With the current boost system the way It is i don’t think it’s a good idea. But If It was changed i would be all for It.

1 Like

And the ones that are faster are probably already immune to deceleration (Barys, Tall Crocs). Plus you don’t want nitro Thors that can’t be slowed.

Thor definitely needs something though. As it stands it doesn’t beat Cunning or Resilient, at least among the relevant Uniques.

1 Like