Ludia Forums

Potential compromise for Swap In Shattering Rampage (and all Swap In abilities)

As most of you know, the players in JWA are split between loving Swap In Shattering Rampage and hating it.

For those that love it, you’ve levelled up your Dracorex GEN 2 or Dracoceratops and often rely on it to save your battle.

For those that hate it, you think it’s unfair because it’s something you can’t predict, account for or defend against.

So here’s my suggestion:

Swap In moves should be shown on the opponent’s benched creatures.

Just a Swap In icon on an unknown creature. That’s all.

This may seem like a strange concept but I think it would improve battles. There’s now so many Swap In moves that you still wouldn’t know what the opponent has, but at least you’d know to expect something that can be swapped in. Now, I know the point of Swap In moves is to surprise your opponent, but I also agree that it’s completely unfair when a Swap In Shattering Rampage comes in on the last turn to kill your last creature and win the game for the opponent. Sure, I could use it too, but I still think it’s an unfair and cheap strategy.

The reason I thought of this is Yu-Gi-Oh. Trap Cards are placed face-down on one specific area on your playing field so you’re essentially telling the opponent you’ve placed a trap, but they don’t know what it is so all they can do is be cautious or plan to counteract any trap.

I think this concept would alleviate some of the frustration that players experience.

What do you think?

11 Likes

Reddit post

I think it would make them pointless because your opponent would be able to plan for it.

2 Likes

That will cause unnecessary wrong predication and anxiety

The point is that currently, users feel cheated when someone uses Swap In Shattering Rampage and kills their creature. At least seeing the icon will allow a user in the same scenario to say “Ah, well, I should have known it was gonna be that…” instead of “WHAT THE HELL. HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW HE WAS GOING TO DO THAT??”

5 Likes

Should we have an icon to,show when an opponent has a counter attack dino? That way we know that our low hp dino can be killed if they swap to a dino with counter attack? At this point, you might as well just ask to show all of your opponents dinos.

I would rather have them stay hidden. And no, I don’t use DG2, but have been playing a bit with dracoceratops since the update. I’ll most likely bench it soon as it"s only 18 and is too low to do much other than it’s swap in ability.

Should we have an icon to,show when an opponent has a counter attack dino? That way we know that our low hp dino can be killed if they swap to a dino with counter attack? At this point, you might as well just ask to show all of your opponents dinos.

We DO have an icon to show when an opponent has a Counter-Attack creature. It’s shown when that creature swaps in.

1 Like

Not what OP is asking for…

I am OP. I’m replying to your point. I’ll clarify above by quoting.

The whole point of hiding what dinos and what types etc an opponent has is so that people need to plan their tactics on the spot. Showing if someone has a swap-in creature would defeat that.

Also how would it be a compromise? You say those that hate it think it’s unfair because it’s something they can’t predict or defend against, yet if your idea was implemented how would that be a compromise? A compromise is meant to make both parties happy.

Ruining the surprise would be showing that someone has a Dracoceratops with Swap In Shattering Rampage.
Showing a Swap In icon doesn’t ruin this because it could be Dracoceratops, Alankylosaurus, or even Irritator GEN 2.

No, the surprise is what dinos an opponent has, and that includes their abilities and lvls and also the order they have them on their team which can be important for swap-ins.

What you are doing is picking and choosing what you consider the surprise to be to suit your idea.

1 Like

Dracoceratops is usually a trade of deads. Draco G2 is now a free kill. No need to get so anxious with those two guys…

At this point with there being two swap in dsr… you should now plan on meeting atleast one per match. But ive already ran into people running both of them.

Ludia pretty much as told as swap in dsr is here to stay by adding it to another dino… there is no need for conpromises.

Easy fix all players just have to include pinners and every turn during battle ask themselves if average level dracg2/dracocera can sia my current creature dead. It takes a tiny calculation turn by turn to sia proof your strategy! Really isn’t that hard because everyone uses predicting the next move to win already! Ppl complaining about having to think to win a battle practically makes me wonder how they ever win b4 drac g2 even had sia!?!?

1 Like

Dracoceratops is usually a trade of deads. Draco G2 is now a free kill.

But it’s not about how easy it is to kill them afterwards that is the issue to me. It’s the fact that they can do the 2x damage unblockable attack in the first place and completely change the battle in one move.

Do dracg2/dracocera users sia first turn? Not if they wanna win. Doesn’t every creatures x2 attack unlock turn 2!? Yes it does. Your logic doesn’t seem to account for this!?!

Tenontrex, Indo, Thor, dilorex, dilorachi etc most creatures drop equivalent size bombs around same time drexing goes down(with higher damage!!!)

If your not accounting for a potential sia dsr, flaw is in your gameplay not the game design IMHO

Unless they are deciding the last kill, if you’re not able to get rid of them and taking back control your team was meant to lose anyway.