Ludia Forums

Pre-registration gifts not received

I had received the in-game message saying that I had unlocked or received the pre-registration gifts (hero notably), but they have not appeared in game.

Hey Eldarroccondil, if you have completed the tutorial of the game, could you please check your in-game mailbox?

If you’re still having issues, do not hesitate to reach out to our support team here at support+forums@ludia.com with your support key.

I had a different problem. When I went to redeem my gift, It said I wasn’t connected to the internet, and wouldn’t let me redeem. I closed the app, and reopened. The gift was gone, there was no gift in the notifications. If you could help, that would be great

I had the same problem with an arena chest. It was a three hour one. Clicked on it…it dropped me out…no chest prizes

I know I pre-registered, but I don’t remember getting any sort of prize. In fact, this is the only game where the only things I get in my Inbox are literally letters about upcoming or ongoing in-game events, definitely not treasure of any kind.

Hey everyone, if you’re having an issue with the gift, could you reach out to our support team through the email address provided above so they could take a closer look? Thanks!