Ludia Forums

Predict what’s next for the VIP calendar

I have been a VIP member since the first day it was offered. I have seen a lot of changes over the years of being a vip member. I guess this is going to be another change that doesn’t benefit the loyal vip member. I can’t wait to see what’s happening next. I believe they know that us long time players will continue to pay for their membership because who wants to lose their advances in the vip part of the game. Jmho

3 Likes

The VIP calendar will probably not get an update for some time, however we still have VIP tournaments, creatures on rotation and the long - awaited VIP week to keep us all busy.
When was the last VIP calendar update ? ( before the update that brought it to month 18 )

2 Likes

Oops, poor choice of words by me there… will fix that up.

1 Like

I think the most confusing/frustrating thing is that the VIP center was created from the realization by Ludia that “more” was “due” to the paying players as I’m assuming a “thank you”. Maybe even as a way to end a VIP exodus?
For quite a while now, I’ve kept my VIP membership more out of the expected regret over the slowed progression and the fact that my son likes all the extra stuff.
It can’t be that hard to add these extra items in, especially considering they were mostly set up months at a time.
I suppose the end of “freebies” was inevitable, but, as usual, Ludia is like a teenager that doesn’t know how to break up with their significant other and just stops talking to them.

10 Likes

Ouch… ouch. :joy:

4 Likes

As funny as it is, in all seriousness this is how alot of companies treat their customers, not just ludia.

Communication is key guys.

Dan’s analogy was on point. :ok_hand:

4 Likes

It’s unbelievable how the forums are literally made to be an open ground for players to give out ideas and voice complaints, but even the most commonly suggested ones aren’t implemented. Again, duly acknowledged that we represent just a minor part of the playerbase, but on a general topic like this I’d say it would not hurt much to actually take up some of the ideas suggested here - they don’t ask for a lot instead are actually quite fair in their requests.

6 Likes

They are I mean look at the new amphibian hy- no wait…

That new reef h- erm…

Well at least we got playable bosses which I remember someone suggesting… :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

You were saying new amphibian hybrid? Gryaposuchus
You were saying new reef hybrid? Umoonachodus

1 Like

Maybe they do acknowledge our ideas, its just that they want to surprise us… :eyes:

2 Likes

While I cannot talk about implementation, I can say that we definitely acknowledge and pass on players’ suggestions to the team. We plan our roadmaps way in advance and when good suggestions are made the team tries to find places to squeeze them in. That being said, suggestions that would take a large number of resources to implement are less likely to be able to be squeezed in and are added to a list of player wants that are examined when planning for the future.

7 Likes

Thank you so much for the response @Keith !

1 Like

If we’re not going to have any more benefits and we quit paying, will we lose the benefits we’ve accrued? Why did the team decide not to continue with the benefits?

1 Like

From what I understand is all the buildings get deactivated when you quit the subscription. So when you start back up any building that needed to have growth to attain its current level would start back over at zero growth, DNA, food, SDNA factories. Buildings that were simply token holders would start back up with their tokens that were unlocked via the unlocked months. For instance if you quit after 8 months, when you re start your subscription which would pick up as having 8 months checked off, any token quantities and unlocked buildings would be available so all of the buildings would be available but your DNA, food, and SDNA factories would start over at the lowest tier. Your SDNA factory would have two slots though. You would have 2 instant recoveries, 2 instant fuses, and 1 instant hatch…

It would be great if someone from Ludia could confirm this though.

4 Likes

So, using that logic there would be no way to get your SDNA, instant fuses, and instant hatches back to max?

1 Like

Why not? You get everything back when you start paying again in my example but you have to re build up the buildings that have usage gates/levels. The instant hatchery, fuse, and speed up buildings do not operate this way. If you quit your subscription and had 5 instant fuses, when you start back up you would get access to those same instant fuses. But your DNA building would start back over at level 1. I hope I am explaining this correctly.

5 Likes

Ah. OK, so you think you would keep your instant fuses, SDNA, and instant hatches? I was only talking about those since they were from the VIP calendar, not the DNA or food. I understood you would restart at the beginning but keep those buildings.

1 Like

The message my son gets when his VIP membership gets disconnected from his account seems to suggest this

4 Likes

This is correct, just to confirm on my alt account I had all of the membership benefits available to me, including the extra slots, fuses, hatches. But the upgrades for the dna, sdna and food building had to be started from scratch, in theory this would also be the case if you were to quit membership for a bit and come back as a vip member after some time.

2 Likes

I’m not trying to give Ludia any ideas, but if that’s the case, it’s not really a big deal to take a break from VIP. The biggest thing would be how much slower I would accumulate LPs and VIP events and tournaments. Also the prize drop. Ok, with those and for my level those I mentioned would impact me.

Having the DNA and food factories start over is meaningless in my opinion.