Predict what’s next for the VIP calendar

The coming soon was discussed in a meeting early today when we brought it up. The team is trying to see if they can find time for it to be removed for Update 55. However, the update is already quite ambitious and the removal of the coming soon may need to wait to a later update.

5 Likes

Another decision from the team that no one can understand. I can imagine that you stop giving us additional instant hatches and fuses at some point, but nobody would get hurt if Ludia continues to give us special decorations or VIP passes on a monthly basis.
Another wasted opportunity to show VIPs how important they are to Ludia. Well, maybe they are not.

7 Likes

I agree with @Tommi in that this is a wasted opportunity for Ludia to continue something that showed a standing commitment to long time VIP membership. Something to continue to say thank you to those supporting the game over a long period of time. Either the 18 month time frame is some sort of cut off where Ludia has a drop in a lot of memberships and therefore don’t see the value in putting a small amount of time into rewarding the small amount that stays on after that or Ludia feels that once they are a member for 18 months they won’t drop it, so no need to continue to reward. I would say both scenarios are a terrible way to approach the folks that support the game on a monthly basis.

There are a lot of good ideas in this thread that they could easily use and if they wanted to make it even easier they could just throw some extra packs each month and have close to zero development time associated with it.

7 Likes

Agreed with @Sionsith and @Tommi it’s kind of disappointing that there is an end point (seemingly and I hope this is the right phrase, “for now”) to the VIP monthly benefits. Already the regular events aren’t rewarding enough to end game grinders with respect to effort put into them, which kind of makes it slow from there on. The VIP monthlies were a ray of hope to those ready to invest in the long term such as Lineup deepening like Sionsith does. Oh well…

7 Likes

I thought that Ludia would have learned by now that taking something away from the community or stop giving something to them always results in great disappointment and bad blood.
But it seems to be the same for gaming software companies as it is for mankind. Not able to learn from mistakes that they made in the past.

7 Likes

Kind of surprising that they repeat this same mistake on not one, but both their dinosaur games. :joy:

In all seriousness though, hopefully in a future update they do add some more benefits to the calendar. If not the big ones like Instant Hatches, etc then at least like Tommi and Sionsith suggested some packs and decorations would still do.

5 Likes

I would expect to see a drop in membership from this then, the ‘coming soon’ indicates as it did in previous updates, when members no longer start receiving more benefits theyl probably start to drop one by one.

It’s not the fact that theres no more monthly benefits that will hurt the players, that’s not what I’m getting at.

What I’m getting at is the sneaky sales method (intentional or not, it doesnt matter) which it appears that way from our perspective.

If ludia knew that they werent going to carry on with the benefits after month 18, they should have advertised it this way in the first place, yes you might not have got as many memberships, but at least your customer retention rate would have been much more stable.

The coming soon is an indication of more benefits to come, the longer you keep that up there the more damage you will do to your customer base when they are expecting more benefits but receive none.

9 Likes

I still fail to realise why they suddenly purge aspects without information on whether it’ll be renewed or not later on, first Base Unlocks and now the further monthly VIP calendar benefits. As a game running strong even after 6 years of release this is definitely underwhelming, to say the least. Not just that but with the long term grind perspective like it has, it doesn’t seem right for there to be an end point for the VIP subscription…

1 Like

This is disappointing in so many levels! Don’t want to repeat what other members already summarized, but this is probably the worst move by Ludia I have witnessed so far. I think it clearly shows
up how little interest for their members, but also for the game itself Ludia have.
Emberassing and unprofessional!

3 Likes

While I understand the disappointment and will pass it on to the team, I would note that we are not purging the VIP Calendar. All perks earned are not being taken away. Those who have yet to earn them will still be able to just as VIP members over the last 18 months have been able to.

6 Likes

Well, after 18 months of paying for membership - I would assume that something like that is self explanatory and should not be in question.
What should be fair from Ludia to offer to their long time members after you tricked them the way you did would be: “all perks earned by VIP members over the last 18 months are not being taken away - users can continue using them even if they cancel their VIP membership”.

THAT would show some level of appreciation to Ludia’s most devoted members and kind of thanking them for all their continuous support.

2 Likes

I have been a VIP member since the first day it was offered. I have seen a lot of changes over the years of being a vip member. I guess this is going to be another change that doesn’t benefit the loyal vip member. I can’t wait to see what’s happening next. I believe they know that us long time players will continue to pay for their membership because who wants to lose their advances in the vip part of the game. Jmho

3 Likes

The VIP calendar will probably not get an update for some time, however we still have VIP tournaments, creatures on rotation and the long - awaited VIP week to keep us all busy.
When was the last VIP calendar update ? ( before the update that brought it to month 18 )

2 Likes

Oops, poor choice of words by me there… will fix that up.

1 Like

I think the most confusing/frustrating thing is that the VIP center was created from the realization by Ludia that “more” was “due” to the paying players as I’m assuming a “thank you”. Maybe even as a way to end a VIP exodus?
For quite a while now, I’ve kept my VIP membership more out of the expected regret over the slowed progression and the fact that my son likes all the extra stuff.
It can’t be that hard to add these extra items in, especially considering they were mostly set up months at a time.
I suppose the end of “freebies” was inevitable, but, as usual, Ludia is like a teenager that doesn’t know how to break up with their significant other and just stops talking to them.

10 Likes

Ouch… ouch. :joy:

4 Likes

As funny as it is, in all seriousness this is how alot of companies treat their customers, not just ludia.

Communication is key guys.

Dan’s analogy was on point. :ok_hand:

4 Likes

It’s unbelievable how the forums are literally made to be an open ground for players to give out ideas and voice complaints, but even the most commonly suggested ones aren’t implemented. Again, duly acknowledged that we represent just a minor part of the playerbase, but on a general topic like this I’d say it would not hurt much to actually take up some of the ideas suggested here - they don’t ask for a lot instead are actually quite fair in their requests.

6 Likes

They are I mean look at the new amphibian hy- no wait…

That new reef h- erm…

Well at least we got playable bosses which I remember someone suggesting… :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

You were saying new amphibian hybrid? Gryaposuchus
You were saying new reef hybrid? Umoonachodus

1 Like