Ludia Forums

Prehistoric Insects

Is ludia ever going to add some Giant bugs in this game? would be cool to have a scorpion or a big spider.

1 Like

Ya or mantes or others

How would their enclosures look or would they be in the biodome?

Probably biodom

It is one of my favourite wishes. One dedicated biodome only for insects.

1 Like

That would be cool
Let’s try and get ludia with us.
Have you guys read the book micro it’s about prehistoric bugs

2 Likes

Never been a fan of creepy crawlies.

Though, in real life I am quite intrigued by how gigantic some of these things got. 20+ inch wingspan on the dragonfly.

Really quite hard to imagine.

2 Likes

I have readed “Micro” but it hasn’t prehistoric insects. It is about small people chased by nowadays insects.
Anyway, although I would like to see one two prehistoric insects , I think that the most of them would be disgusting . Very few players would like to play with giant spiders and scorpions … It is better to encourage Ludia for more new dinosaurs .

I think it could be added in leu of the MODs a prehistoric insect biodome where you cultivate and collect the insects that can modify your other creatures in battle, collect and grow certain spiders for something like toxin or distraction. It would be a way to incorporate this thought and bring the MOD functionality into a creature based action.

3 Likes

Insects are very interesting and I would also like to see some. I would like them to be kept totally separate in their own mini bio dome and maybe battles against each other too. @Sionsith has a good idea but sounds like more work for the devs than a simple creature bio dome add on?

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies, i think that insects would make a great additionn to the game, but it depends on ludia if its worth it or not. I would buy them in a instant thought.

2 Likes

One of my favorite wishlist items as well. Who doesn’t love bugs??! Virtual ones at least. I used to catch and raise praying mantises when I was a kid, and couldn’t LIVE without an ant farm. Having some prehistoric giant insects would be fantastic.

3 Likes

To suggest a biodome for prehistoric insects was my motivation to join this forum about one year ago. At that time the resonance was slim.
There is nothing that is disgusting about insects. Dragonflies, bees, hornets, ants and wasps are beautiful animals. Bugs, spiders (although they are no insects) are beautiful too and even a cockroach is a wonderful animal as long as it’s not in my house.
And I am sure that there will be some prehistoric butterflies available for those with a weak stomach amongst us.
I would love to see a fight between a prehistoric dragonfly and a giant wasp.:ant::honeybee::beetle::cricket::spider::scorpion:

2 Likes

I agree, insects are some of the most beautiful animals on the planet! One of my other passions is origami and folding completely realistic insects with metallic papers is one of my favorite things to do (often takes a couple hours of careful work to complete something like a grasshopper or praying mantis!)

Of course if you are a dinosaur lover that does origami, a proud moment is completing a Montroll Stegosaurus! I still have the one I folded many many years ago as a kid. I later got to meet John in person and have a chance to fold some of his not-yet (at the time) published new models.

https://images.app.goo.gl/uHJnAyVX7qmhJrMMA

1 Like

There is nothing as charming as a parasitic wasp. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Impressive.

1 Like

Sometime ago I posted a crazy idea I had about a new game option, it would be to add a new structur called THE INSECTARIUM, it would be located near the ruins of the old park. It would be composed of five different environments for five types of prehistoric insects. These insects provide specific resources in case you need or are short of them, there would only be one deal, you can only choose one insect to play and the insectarium would be restricted for 12 hours, so you must be wise when choosing which resources you need the most.
It would combine quick time events with obedience points (like in the raptor paddock) so you can spin a roulette.
The insects would be :

MEGARACHNE:(provides DNA points)

ARTHROPLEURA (privides food )

BRONTOSCORPIO (provides coins)

GIGATITAN (provides money)

MEGANEURA (provides loyalty points)

That’s an interesting idea and you must have thought about it a lot. But I would really like to see insects as an independent fourth animal category in the game.

Guys I know that you like insects and I admit that some of them are really beautiful. But this game is made basicly for dinosaurs . It is based at Jurassic world movie and generally at Jurassic park trilogy . Let’s be honest , these movies had no relation with prehistoric insects . I already think that cenozoics went the game too far , but if they add insects … (although the case of cenozoics is different, as they include many famous and loved creatures for many people , such as Smilodon and Mammoth . On the other side very few people are interested for prehistoric insects. ) Also , prehistoric insects are basicly present insects of bigger size . Would it be so interesting to see a giant spider or a dragonfly that are … just a normal spider and dragonfly of bigger size ? Why not to encourage Ludia for more dinosaurs ? The game is made for them . We installed the game for dinosaurs and not something else .

2 Likes

Well, being the pragmatist that I am, I don’t think there’s ANY chance they actually would do this. Not when new creatures are so few and far between and something like this would be a HUGE expenditure of resources for all the graphics and animation work needed. Doesn’t mean I can’t still WISH that they would, though!

1 Like