Presenting, the Sarcomimus!

Two posts? In one day? Crazy right?

Anyway, along with reworking creatures kits to give them a much needed fighting chance, I also want to spotlight some possible hybrids to get more use out of rare, common, or epic creatures that don’t really have many, OR ANY, hybrid options available.
Sarcomimus

I chose these two creatures for very specific reasons. For one, they both are only ingredients for one creature! For two? Those creatures are both Epic Tier Hybrids that I don’t see a lot of use from in the meta anymore, so hopefully this hybrid would get it’s ingredient creatures back on the radar again! With a new quick use ability in precise evasive strike, and a new powerful ability in lethal pinning rampage and run, your sure to get the edge on any resilient or fierce creature that gets in your way!

Really open to suggestions for this one! I think the Lethal Pinning Rampage and Run might be too much, but I wouldn’t know if removing the pinning would severely hurt this abilities use to wither down the high health, high armor resilient creatures in it’s class. I am also open to removing the speed immunity because neither orinthomimus or sarcosuchus have it, this creatures kit is designed to be a much more resilient based counter than it’s ingredient creatures. Additionally it’s also designed to be a possible counter for the terror that is Megalotops.

How’d I do?

• Creature is above satisfactory
  • Creature is satisfactory
  • Creature is below satisfactory
  • Creature is not satisfactory (Too OP or too underpowered)

0 voters

Tell me what neglected creatures I should hybridize next!

(Edit: accidentally submitted this post before I finished typing it, lol)
(Edit 2: Orinthosuchus is an animal, i did not realize this when picking the name, I have changed it to Sarcomimus by suggestion from user Altithorax_Perotorum)
(Edit 3: Updated the image to reflect the new name, to avoid any confusion)

If you’ve just found this post, there is an update post on this creature regarding requested changes for it’s kit, for can find it here Update: Sarcomimus V2.0

Ornithosuchus is an actual animal so you should rename that hybid to sarcomimus

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out, I had no idea lol

1 Like

Why does it have only three abilities? I like the concept.

1 Like

I would’ve given it four, but Sarcosuchus only has 2 abilities and a On Escape, and Orinthomimus only has 3 abilities. I wanted to aim for balance with this creature more than anything and I think it serving the niche of a DOT creature that has the added ability to let you not only deal that DOT damage and prevent a swap, but also allows you to swap to another creature in one turn or alternatively, swapping into this creature to get the guaranteed wound damage against a creature that doesn’t have swap or DOT immunity thanks to its On Escape and On Swap In abilities to be rather powerful in the right matchup. Not to mention the swap in to quick skill to rampage ability this creature would have to maximize it’s damage output without sacrificing it’s own health.

I could however be entirely wrong on my take of this creatures usage. What would you suggest as a fourth ability?

I would nerf the rampage to just pinning rampage and run and give it a 2 turn cooldown, respell Percise to precise, and for another move, probably fierce impact or something. And I’d say remove the swap in move.

1 Like

But heres the thing, all hybrids, no matter the rarity have 4 abilities. Commons have 2 and all of the other normal creatures have 3. It wouldn’t realistically work in the game with only 3 abilities.

2 Likes

Save for Parasaurolophus Lux

1 Like

Lux is not a normal creature though, and it’s a legendary.

1 Like

It’s a non-hybrid, in which it counts as a normal creature

1 Like

Eh, 50/50, not actually normal but it is a non-hybrid

1 Like

True, true

1 Like

Honestly fair, I didn’t realize that, thank you for pointing that out.

I think I will be updating its kit with the suggestions that have been provided

I think I am going to nerf that rampage ability to just pin, but I’m curious to your reasoning against the swap in ability. I put it in to pay homage to the Sarcosuchus that it came from. I also think that would be a good fourth ability, but maybe instead of an impact it was a quick use fierce strike instead? Also thanks for pointing out the spelling errors!

1 Like

Nah, Fierce Impact is fine. 2 strikes on the creatures makes it quite weak.
As for the swap in, we have many swappers in the game atm, and w/ swap in wound, it becomes too strong. Instead of fierce impact, lethal wound or merciless alert will suffice

1 Like

Actually yea lethal wound would be excellent, and it pulls that from sarcos kit too. Thank you so much for these suggestions and giving criticism, it really helps to refine these ideas to be much much better!

1 Like

Anytime! I also do hope this gets added into the game, would love to see its model

1 Like

SAME I need a flamingo looking alligator monster now :smile:

1 Like

Sad Grylenken noises

1 Like

“Precise” in “PES” is spelt wrong.

1 Like