Ludia Forums

Prize Drop tracking

For the last two weeks I have been actually paying attention to how I go about the prize drop items for the week, and of course gathering data. The below are my results from the last two weeks, once I get to a place where I can sign in on my PC I will update this thread with more information. Like with most things in this game everything seems random until you start tracking it and realize there is actually an exact pattern to the offerings. I am working on what is the minimum amount of resource out put to get to the diamon prize at the end of the week. This information will be laid out over the next couple of weeks but for now I will give you the results by week as I get them.

3/4 - 3/10
Total Net resources (positive means resources to me, negative means resource to the prize drop)

• Coins: 549,940
  • Food: 6,376,360
  • DNA: 8,425
  • Dbucks: 480
  • VIP Points: -3,100
    Creatures Acquired:
  • Common: None
  • Rare: Dilophasaurs, Pachycephalosaurus
  • Super Rare: Geosaurus
  • Legendary: Styxosaurus
  • Tournament: Erlikosaurus, Gogosaurus
  • VIP: Apatosaurus
    Buildings/Decorations Acquired:
  • Buildings: None
  • Decorations: 6 Clock Towers, 2 Spinosaurus Skeletons, and 1 Jurassic World Flag

This was a very good week as in two of the prize results, both the the Gold and Diamond, I got the Packs as the prize and got a pack on one of the daily prize drops.

3/11 - 3/17
Total Net resources (positive means resources to me, negative means resource to the prize drop)

• Coins: -150,000
  • Food: 6,298,750
  • DNA: 2,660
  • Dbucks: 0
  • VIP Points: -9,600
    Creatures Acquired:
  • Common: Uthraptor, Guanlong
  • Rare: Giganotosaurs, Andrewsarchus
  • Super Rare: Spinosaurus, Elasmotherium
  • Legendary: None
  • Tournament: Segnosaurus, Nodosaurus
  • VIP: Hannosaurus
    Buildings/Decorations Acquired:
  • Buildings: None
  • Decorations: 4 Clock Towers, 2 Wildlife Preservations, 1 Velociraptor Garden Sculpture, and 1 Jungle Conservation

Again a really good haul but had the out flow of the 9,600 VIP points but had I purchased a 10k VIP pack I wouldn’t have received as much as I did for the week.

4 Likes

If I tracked what I get would you want my data ?

1 Like

No need, but thank you for offering @Freshprince, it is more of something I decided to do to see how “worth it” the prize drop was while I am trying to figure out the minimum output to get to the diamond prize as a VIP member.

1 Like

I’ve been wondering just how many of the ads on the far left of the prize drop we have to watch, without laying out Dinobucks or real money. I know you can miss two days of the far left and still make Diamond, but I haven’t been willing to experiment beyond that.

I have been systematically reducing the amount of DNA tickets I get on Thursday in the second slot. Especially since that day is DNA for the ticket and the first two rewards are coins.

2 Likes

Of course, they threw a ringer today with DNA as the cost for the third spot

I know I was like “what is this?” They have deviated from their pattern. Had it been something worth it I might have actually spent some.

Update on the prize drop. I have been tracking the prize drop on a weekly basis and going full nerd on this piece of the game. Hopefully this wont get to technical.

First off I am going to refer to the four different tickets (Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Diamond) as the following:
Bronze = Slot 1
Silver = Slot 2
Gold = Slot 3
Diamond = Slot 4

Here is a chart of the cost across the entire week:

Monday: Tuesday: Wednesday: Thursday: Friday: Saturday: Sunday:
Slot 1 (50k C/Ticket) Slot 1 (25k Food/Ticket) Slot 1 (25k Food/Ticket) Slot 1 (100 DNA/Ticket) Slot 1 (50k C/Ticket) Slot 1 (50k C/Ticket) Slot 1 (25k Food/Ticket)
Slot 2 (200 or 100 DB/Ticket) Slot 2 (200 DB/Ticket) Slot 2 (200 DNA/ticket) Slot 2 (200 DNA/Ticket) Slot 2 (200 DB/Ticket) Slot 2 ($1.99 or 0.99/ticket) Slot 2 ($1.99 or 0.99/ticket)
Slot 3 (500 DB/Ticket) Slot 3 (500 DNA or 500 DB/Ticket) Slot 3 (500 DB/Ticket) Slot 3 (500 DB or $4.99/Ticket) Slot 3 ($4.99/Ticket) Slot 3 ($4.99/ticket) Slot 3 ($4.99/ticket)
Slot 4 (150 VIP/Ticket) Slot 4 (150 VIP/Ticket) Slot 4 (150 VIP/Ticket) Slot 4 (150 VIP/Ticket) Slot 4 (200 VIP/Ticket) Slot 4 (200 VIP/Ticket) Slot 4 (200 VIP/Ticket)

There are four prize wheels available for the week Bronze, Silver, Gold and Diamond. With each prize needing more tickets to claim then the previous.
If you think of each prize level as needing 100 points here is the approximate value of each ticket at each level.

Bronze Silver Gold Diamond
Slot 1 9.091% 1.470% 0.530% 0.202%
Slot 2 23.312% 3.738% 1.348% 0.606%
Slot 3 42.427% 6.804% 2.454% 0.955%
Slot 4 80.303% 12.773% 4.606% 1.833%

Based off of this information the least amount of tickets I have found to get the Diamond prize are the following:
Everyday do all 10 of slot 1
Everyday do all 10 of slot 4
Wednesday do 20 of slot 2
Thursday do 3 of slot 2

I have done this twice now and it gets me right to the edge of the diamond prize but for whatever reason when I log in later in the day it some how switches over to hitting the diamond prize. If it doesn’t there might be a small amount of DB you would have to spend on Monday to claim the diamond prize but that has not happened yet to me. If you want to for sure hit it you can do 4 of Slot 2 on Thursday and you will hit the diamond prize on the 8th ticket of slot 1 on Sunday after doing 10 of slot 4 on that same day.

you will be out a maximum of 9,600 VIP points but compared to a 10k pack the rewards even without hitting the 5% and 1% prizes are better than what you get in a 10K pack. I consistently end the week with an increase of about 5-6 Million food and 4-5k in DNA not to mention a minimum of 1 VIP, 1 Tounrmanet, 1 Super Rare, and 1 Rare. You throw in hitting a few 5% or even 1% rewards on slot 4 and you really start to pull even farther ahead.

5 Likes

As always a great job. There is so much of valuable information from you here in this forum, you may consider to build up a Wiki on your own. Or maybe we should ask Ludia to make a new category ‘Sionsiths tips and statistics’.
I think the game rewards you with a little bit of progress each time you start it. That way, this effect is obvious especially for the first stage, you can get a prize without buying additional cards.

3 Likes

This is what I got to on Sunday after getting all of my tickets as stated up above with only doing the three tickets of slot 2 on Thursday last week.

You can see (if you zoom in on the picture) that it is basically there at the end with an extremely small smidge of the progress needed to complete.

@Sionsith thank you for this! Great info.

1 Like

Id stopped the prize drop because I was backing up so many tournament creatures with a 7 day hatch that I wasn’t hatching any, and I decided that the VIP 6 hour hatchers were better value, but seeing this:

“you will be out a maximum of 9,800 VIP points but compared to a 10k pack the rewards even without hitting the 5% and 1% prizes are better than what you get in a 10K pack. I consistently end the week with an increase of about 5-6 Million food and 4-5k in DNA not to mention a minimum of 1 VIP, 1 Tounrmanet, 1 Super Rare, and 1 Rare. You throw in hitting a few 5% or even 1% rewards on slot 4 and you really start to pull even farther ahead.”

makes me realise that for the same cost in 1 x 10k pack getting a 6 hour hatcher, you get a lot extra.

Maybe it’s time for me to stop dropping the drop.

Thank you for doing the work!!

1 Like

There is a point in this, but VIPs are much stronger as the creatures you get in a prize drop. For that reason I still prefer VIP packs.

1 Like

Over the last five weeks my weekly average prize drop net has been:

Resources
-294,532 coin
6,174,946 food
4,643 DNA
-9,400 VIP points

Creatures
2.0 Common
1.6 Rare
1.2 Super Rare
0.4 Legendary
2.2 Tournament
1.0 VIP

Buildings/Decorations
3.2 VIP
0.8 Standard

Also updated my post up above to weekly max is 9,600 VIP points if you are doing the discounted 10 ticket at a time purchase. I had a few weeks were I was individually buying tickets so I could measure the change on different levels of the prize drop prizes, which is throwing off my average up above for the last five weeks. Had I bulk purchased tickets in each week my average would have been closer to 9,340 VIP points spent.

I didn’t realize the bulk price was at a discount. I thought it was just for convenience

Let’s see if it switches over at some point today:

Well at some point today it switched over…

2 Likes

Somehow I didn’t buy enough tickets this time around to hit the diamond, I always do all the 1st and 4th spot tickets and I know I did 20 tickets on Wed, but guess I must have missed Thursday (had to go to the ER)… so guess I’ll find out how much those 3 missed tickets are going to cost me in DBs.

1 Like

So I was able to get the diamond prize because I bought the 10-ticket package for Loyalty points right after it dropped yesterday’s results (woohoo, won the 1% tourny reward, can’t remember the last time that’s happened for me!) But then 2 hours later, the rewards reset, so those 10-tickets are no longer part of my progress. So I need to get it back to the regular schedule, unless I want to keep trying to hit it in that short 2-hour timeframe before it resets, so I have a choice of either stopping once I get to the gold reward level or continuing and seeing how much it’s going to charge me in DBs to get the diamond reward… not sure I like the uncertainty of that… it might make more sense to spend the same DBs on tickets which at least would give me some return on the cost, if I knew how many to buy, but they are REALLY pricey, DBs are still very very hard for me to earn (most of my PvPs still get only the Advanced price wheel), so I hate to spend them frivolously.

Thoughts?

You could just do a full 20 on Thursday instead of the three tickets. And then only purchase the amount of VIP tickets on Monday morning you need (not 10 at a time). Eventually you should catch back up. And could then ramp down the ticket purchase on Thursday.