Procera is BUSTED in Tournament

Procera is busted this tournament. Nothing switches into this monster with its crazy damage. Even dinosaurs that have a reasonable shot at beating it have to win some demented 50/50 game vs the distract and evasion. It is extremely difficult to play around Procera. People have complained about this before, saying things like “if I draw the turtle I can win, otherwise I lose”. What if certain high tier dinos were scaled down in level to make a better tournament meta?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

The problem is that people seem to love the idea of rng, the gamble if you like.

If they draw the one they want they are happy, and they are happy to take that gamble over an equal range of power within the structure of the game.

In my humble opinion, skill should be the determining factor in the arena and in tournaments, but sadly I’m in the minority.

5 Likes

I’m not having as much trouble with it as i thought i would. it’s not a 1v1 scenario, which in my opinion is a bit easier to work around.

1 Like

The best strategy around it is to switch around dinos with counter like the deer or Purru, works the best most of the time

1 Like

This is the reason why I decided to use HC to buy coin instead. Total boycott of all tournaments

1 Like

I know Amargocephalus can be used to counter it fairly well, but unfortunately it’s not that great against much else.

1 Like

i’ve had luck with indom 2. and some cleaver swap play with counter dinos.

1 Like

If you’re one of those people who’s always winning speed ties, just bring out your own.
Otherwise, Indom G2 and counter-attackers.

1 Like

Why can’t these tournaments be highscore-based? I’m pretty sure they’d get a unanimously positive response if they were.
It’d be fun and competitive.
Maybe someone needs to open a poll for that.

3 Likes

yeah it is strong, considering that usually in those epic tournaments you have the turtle that you can draw against it, but not this time. Like others have said Idom G2 is probably your “best” shot at it. Erlikogamma can also challenge it if the rampage is on CD.

1 Like
  • Skill-based tournaments, if not all, should be highscore-based.
  • Skill-based tournaments should remain the same.

0 voters

Not a 50/50 game… Against dodges it’s a 75/25 game in favor of the stupid Procerat… This kind of rng is so stupid… but anyways, IndoRex2, tanks and counters are the best options. Brontolas, Megalogaia and Puru can do pretty well against it depending on battle conditions… Worst case scenario, you’ll need use strategy, like predicting the rampage and sacrificing a weakened creature for example…

2 Likes

I think the gators and Megadurr are more of a nuisance. Lol

Edit:

I will admit, The mind games between gamma and Procera are pretty entertaining.

1 Like

The best epic counters for procerathomimus imo os another procerathomimus, brontelasmus, carbonemys and maybe the deer and erlikogamma.

1 Like

Never mind, I created a topic for that one.

Still playing tournaments for a wrong reward and then don’t get even entry fee back? Do not bother…

1 Like

Just lost 3 battles in a row because I haven’t had mine picked but my opponent has… Puru wasn’t chosen either, so no luck with that.

I’d feel a lot better if these tournaments didn’t keep removing trophies for losses. Starting to think I should just get a high score, then leave it. Really awful system for these events.

…And fourth match in a row where mine hasn’t been picked but theirs has. Seriously sick of this thing.

2 Likes

The main winning factor is the fastest thing with the highest damage. If you are faster and can land one 1x and one 2x you will kill almost anything in this Tournament. Cloak/evasion and shield are really the only true things that will make you live past 2 hits. Bleeding, stunning, distraction and slowing only matter to none immune creatures and are hit and miss at best.

So, let’s look at Procera. Fastest thing in the Tournament. Plus high damage output. Even with just these it is a winner. Now add add to that it can nullify cloak/evasion and shields and is immune

1 Like

What do Ludia care about BALANCE? The only BALANCE they care about is the one underneath their BANK ACCOUNT.

1 Like

This only proves how OP this dino is! Ludia is in denial…

1 Like