Ludia Forums

Pterodaustro VIP Tournament - 6/26 - 6/29

The Pterodaustro VIP Tournament is now open. This is a three day tournament. The recent trend in VIP tournaments is to require approximately 1000 trophies in 3 day, 5 hour tournaments (not counting the tournaments that awarded us 2 Stygimoloch cards; those required approximately 1250 trophies for 3 day, 5 hour tournaments). This makes me long for the days when 150 trophies would clench a Dominator finish.

7 Likes

This is just a pack right? No unlock?

2 Likes

Correct, just a pack.

VIPs can NOT be unlocked.

3 Likes

Imo, I have had it with these abnormally excess amount of tournaments. Being a VIP since 2 weeks, I’ve enjoyed quite a lot of the benefits, but I am just gonna try to stay in predator league. At this point, I don’t care even if I get the Super Rare evo booster.

If it was an unlock, it could have been worth it. But I faced a level 28 Allonogmius, level ~40 Zalmoxes and ~30 Pachyrhinosaurus in Mid-Predator league. My top 3 are level 6 Indominus, level 10 Eolambia, level 10 Baryonyx&Eudimorphodon (Barry and EDM have ditto same stats). And the Indominus takes 6 hours to cooldown, not worth it to even try to make it to Dominator.

2 Likes

I thought maybe it was going to be an easy tournament like last week, but…

Guess not, lol

1 Like

Seems pretty hard so far.

1 Like

For that screenshot I was #61 in Dominator I believe

1 Like

While a tournament most weekends dates back to November 2018, there have only been two weeks in the last year with an intentional break from tournaments (1/6/20 and 6/1/20, with the previous break being 6/3/19 along with the canceled Wuerhosaurus tournament of 7/8/19)

2 Likes

Level 40 Super Rares don’t have much of a chance in Dominator.

Maybe a level 40 Postusuchus as it is a glass cannon (400 attack), but he best be last and you’ll need some luck.

Last weekend won’t likely be repeated soon where L40 SRs worked.

3 Likes

Do not let last weekends soft bracketed tournament guide your creature selection for this week. Last week was an anomaly in terms of strength of creatures needed. This tournaments ferocity cut offs are back to normal.

5 Likes

The super rare was only going to be used as a meat shield. My top dino was after him and a middle of the road carnivore (not quite a glass cannon, but not 1:3 either) bringing up the rear. I didn’t have any Pteranodon or carnivore meat shields and no Amphibian glass cannons available. So I figured I would take a chance with a weak Amphibian meat shield and my best dino (happens to be an Herbivore), but it didn’t pan out. I guess I’ll try to stick to my higher meat shields.

first run, do not be fooled, i was at #1 an hour ago, i just forgot to take a picture

4 Likes

I was a little worried when I saw the last guy, but AI made it easy and had it’s Herbivore attack all 4 when it was it’s turn.

2 Likes
1 Like

Technically they can but they never had an unlock chance.

1 Like

Just posting some data.

3 Likes

I have two Segnos hatching right now (probably 2 more after CoT). In the meantime, I get this lineup in Dominator facing a mighty fierce Segno and it’s hybrid. Luckily the Kentrosaurus was the middle guy :grin:. Also scored 500 DNA on this win :+1:

5 Likes

Triple herbivores. Segnosuchus’s attack is terrifying even when nerfed.

4 Likes

Segnosuchus is power Segnosuchus is life :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Didn’t think I was going to get through this battle with the first guy having such high HP, but survived barely on the last guy (I think Ludia is helping me with the last AI dinos decisions so far this tournament). Thankfully their middle guy was a low level Concavenator. Also some data.

4 Likes