The solution would be that all players are pitted against other teams based on highest team creature of the 8 you choose to put out.
This would be an example:
(1) To make grand prize, you simply just have to win say 7 battles in a row.
(2) You can choose to play in the tournament if you want. The tournament is not part of normal battling for incubators or trophy’s but draws from this pool of people. (In other words, people playing in the tournament can be playing people from the regular arenas and neither know if the person they are playing against is in the tournament or not.)
(3) Your pitted against another player whose highest team dino is the same as yours.
(If you want to play a team of level 20-23 dinos, you can. You will play another team whose highest dino is level 23. If you want to play a team of level 14-15 dinos, you will be pitted against a team whose highest level dino is 15. You can play anything you want that you think you can win 7 battles with.)
(4) As soon as you loose, your out of that tournament. (Maybe they can give a consolation prize for participating).
(5) The 5th win in a row gives you a third place prize upon the win. The 6th win gives you a second place prize upon winning, (and this after receiving the 3rd place prize). The 7th win give you a grand prize, (and this after receiving the 3rd and 2nd place prizes).
(6) Prizes will be based on your player level, same as the amount of cash and DNA that is given out in drops and incubators. The higher your player level the more the payout so people who have invested more into the game through playing hard or paying out to level everything up will get more.
By this, they can have a tournament every week or every day if they so chose. If you enter and don’t play then you get nothing or even a consolation prize for loosing at some point when the tournament is over.
They could add tournament win counts on your profile or people to see how many 1st, 2nd and third place wins you had.
This would bring some more fun to the game.