Ludia Forums

PVP rewards... ugh

Okay, before I say anything else. I am all on board with the MODs idea, they allow you to put so much more thought into battles than you could with boosters.

But something that sounds minor to others, is a bit off putting for me and a few others… is the changes to PVP rewards.
The fact that if you win a normal Jurassic vs Cenozoic PVP, the best you can get are common hybrids or far less resources than before is… lackluster. I can understand why you’ve done this Ludia, to encourage people to play the MODs PVP battle which give out the golden packs at a VERY low chance.
But as I’m waiting wise, Aquatic PVP is still rather untouched. So you can play that as normal as before the MODs update came out.

So, my point is. Keep the MODs, because that allows for FAR more effort and thinking put into using them. But still encourage people to play PVP without them by giving better rewards instead of a common hybrid at best.

4 Likes

You are definitely NOT in the minority on that opinion. I’m no fan of the new mods, but I didn’t like boosters either, so really don’t care either way. But I am really not happy with the PvP changes either. Even the aquatic is not untouched… it does have the new button to switch dinos (I’ll get used to it eventually but keep forgetting I need to use it to swap), and the changes seem to have introduced a “death bug” that a couple of us have run across where the game doesn’t swap out your second aquatic when it gets killed, and gets kind of stuck there. By the time I figured out what to do, I’d lost all my reserve points and the game stole a win away from me! The regular land PvP seems to have a bug that I’ve run into even more that throws you out in the middle of the game.

1 Like

Yeah, the new reward scheme is terribad. I already didn’t PvP much (two fights a day just to do the daily task), and I only did the normal at that (no boosted). I don’t like PvPing, and I’m certainly not about to engage on one that requires me to care about an ADDITIONAL layer of PvP.

1 Like

Yup… they decided to nerf normal pvp mode in order to promoting new MODs.
They simply changed entire rewards with common dinos (which is useless to higher lvl players)

I mean… those common dinos wothy nothin… only small portion of dna

Dev: “we need update to pvp reward, any idea?”
Team:“let the community decide…”
Community: " land rewards: cenozoin and land dino"
Team: “let’s keep it that way…”
Dev:“we need to promoting new system after we change booster mode”
Team: *shrug
Dev:“lets change entire pvp land rewards, so ppl will play on pvp MODs. When they runnin out of great MODs, they will buy and it will become our benefit”
Team: " how’s about community opinion?"
Dev:“as long there is no mega thread… who cares, it means so little ppl complaining”
*new pvp rewards live

Fyi: just analytical joke