Ludia Forums

PVP unwinnable

Its happened to me twice now where I have been unable to target and attack opponent halfway through the battle. At first I thought it was a connection issue. Nope. Then I thought I had been immobilized or stunned or been casted with no attack. Nope nope and nope. Its a very frustrating bug that causes you to lose the battle you absolutely you knew your were going to win.

3 Likes

Hey David_Cook1, would you be able to send your device information to our support team here at support+forums@ludia.com so our team can investigate? Please include your support key in the email as well.

Thanks!

Does it look something like this? Full screen it or you won’t be able to see it.

The loading message of death. I have already had this happen to me not once, not twice, but THREE times over the course of 2 days.

The saddest solution is to close and reopen the app, but if you have a slow device it might not even matter because “Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru” ( you’re already dead).

3 Likes

I had that problem twice during the Silverhand event as well…

1 Like

Has happened multiple times to me over the past few days. As soon as it locks, I restart the game in the hopes of continuing but usually see my team in ashes :frowning:

2 Likes

There seems to be an issue with the servers at Ludian Thieve’s Den.
I have recently been forced to restart the app a number of times due to similar connection issues.
I do not think Ludia cares about the app or customers since they were forsaken by WotC (assuming they ever did).

2 Likes

I wanted to get Tommus’s Silverhand, but no way I am paying who-knows how many gems when I lose 2 of 3 to a mid fight “loading…” crash.

1 Like

Yeah If you are fighting an evenly matched opponent, you can’t afford to lose any player turns at all.

1 Like

The most unfortunate part of this is that it also happens in single player mode albeit less impact than real time pvp battles.

1 Like

Same for me in PVP, ToM and also during free challenges pve. I can’t Attack or move but if i exit from the game and i enter again everything seems fixed but anyway in pvp waste 30sec = loose the game.

1 Like

Consistently, since update, PvP times out, loose turns, etc. I’ve restarted the game, watched the “loading” dice spin, etc and my turns are skipped and opponent still plays. Only way I have won is through counterattacks. Have lost so much I’ve been demoted to lower arena!

1 Like

In 9 battles, 4 loading message of death, 1 for the opponent. 50% chance of seeing it for me.Seriously pathetic. Is this just another ploy of getting random players to deliberately lose for no reason?

1 Like

Unfortunately support respond to any complaints about PvP with a standard form letter acknowledging they are aware players are dissatisfied, but PvP is working as intended. Ludian buffoonery at its finest.

1 Like

I am unsure whether management has changed within Ludia or if matchmaking nonsense has been part of a long-term roadmap to bait players in with a false sense of confidence in the company. Either way - we see through this shady crap and players will not tolerate being cheated like this.

Why would anyone continue playing a game once the development company has been so clearly called out for intentionally screwing players? You’ve lost some very loyal players over this.

1 Like

Just experienced the bug myself & witnessed what I considered to be a turning point in the battle - me moving my rogue into position to take my second action and hopefully kill or cripple the healer, after sending the rest of the team to the back section via pushbacks, only to then get the loading bug and see my entire team then get taken down with nothing I could do about it.

I play this game entirely due to the highly strategic nature of the PvP, as I’m sure a lot of others do. I take no real joy in the PvE sections except as a means to grind for items, gold, xp,.gems etc…

So for there to be a bug that basically ruins the PvP experience is pretty much unforgivable in my experience, especially when some people are paying good money to play this game. It is of a certain level of audacity that this weekend it was 2400 gems to buy some legendary level items from the shop - that’s almost £20 (or equivalent whatever local currency you are in). Some people will have spent that money so they can get through Silverhand PvP or whatever ONLY to find their experience by and large unplayable due to this critical bug.

The most ironic thing is that it comes after a release entirely relating to PvP (within guilds). Now I’m a coder and if one of my clients sites or systems had something that big going wrong with it after an update, they’d have a rocket up my backside for not testing it thoroughly beforehand as it would be costing them money and ruining reputation with their customer base. To not have thoroughly tested this beforehand and picked it up before publishing or at the very least rushed out an emergency patch fix since it was first reported 48 hours ago is wholly unprofessional in my books.

It seems like they are rushing and desperate to further monetise the game at the expense of breaking the user experience and causing untold reputational damage - rather than thinking logically and long term by putting people before profit. This is a time where almost all of us are stuck at home across the world due to Coronavirus and we have plenty of time on our hands to play addictive games on our phones / tablets like this one. But in this time we won’t forget which companies helped us get through these difficult times and which ones sought to frustrate us and only extract and exploit money from even whilst offering a poor service.

Ludia, you are officially on notice. I shall not be playing until this bug is fixed.

2 Likes

@Ned are the developers aware of this issue?

Similar to how Ludia are shifting staff to more promising projects it is likely Ludia has decided to commit less server space to WoW. It is possible this is what is causing the current server connection issues.

1 Like

100%. I could not agree more.

For the record, I lost 8+ games in a row. I had something like 3750 trophies at one point; I’m not an idiot. I know how to play this game. Explain to me how I could lose 8+ matches in a row without saying the words “Silverhand”. Bugs happen and I get that, but this matchmaking algorithm is intentional and blatantly dishonest. I don’t see how I could play this game again; I certainly do not trust Ludia with my money anymore.

2 Likes

PvP is huge in this game. Fix it, or lose money. At very least if you can’t fix the bug immediately, when it happens, end the match. The most frustrating thing is to sit there pounding on you phone to no avail and watch the other guy beat down your team while you can do nothing. I don’t understand how only one person in the match is affected by it. It makes me think it is a cheat like PC Gaming “screen dragging”

1 Like

@Ned, there seems to be growing frustration with recent server connection issues. Support has been unresponsive to the issue. I suggest additional server capacity be added to rectify the issue. Perhaps one of the moderators can investigate?