Ludia Forums

Pyrritator takes 0 damage (?)

It was not only once but it happened several times: Pyrritator vs Utasionraptor:
Pyrri started with Distracting rampage (Target damage reduced 50% for 2 turns), than Utasino replied with the critical impact but Pyrri was with 0 (zero) damage… how that? Is distracting rampage also with kind of RNG and the damage can be random with 100% reduced damage?

Utasino was distracted before from another dino. Distractions stack (-50 and -50 = 0).

2 Likes

What @Imre said! I was pretty puzzled when I first encountered this too, but double distraction will cause 0 damage…

That might be reason… I didn’t put the attention on that.

It seems that my primary, 8th grade math doesn’t fit to that logic. I asked my math teacher how much is 50% of 100 euro and than again 50% of that what it remains and she said that is it 25 euro.
I explained her that American math is different and gave her the example that it is 0 - she smiled and said - ok there it is a 50% sale on T-shirt but it isn’t sold so the shop set another 50% sale - is now that T-shirt for free?

You do understand its entirely on where the math is calculated, correct?

So yes:
100% - 50% = 50% - 50% = 25%

However, when you look at it from a stand point of its not doing the math twice, more like:
100% - (50% + 50%)= 0%

The math actually works out the way its supposed to. In addition to making much more sense in this case.

Sorry you or your math teacher aren’t smart enough to figure that out!

Also, the game’s designers are in Canada, not the US…nice attempt at trying to dig on the United States though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry for my Primary school geography (8th grade) - Canada IS in the Americas, like the United States and Mexico, right? - actually only part of the Americas (North America). Just copied from my Geography book.

The “Americas” could refer to North America, South America, or both, inc parts of either or both.

When you say “American” specifically, the vast majority of the time its going to refer specifically to the United States, unless you qualify it to mean something else, or it should be obvious to the reader/listener that it has another meaning at that time.

Tx for the explanation. I am still a bit confused… here we say North Europe, South Europe, East, West, Central… how do you than name the north of the USA - The North America?
Example … I live in Europe, so I am European… no matter what country.
…and even more confusion: Hawaii are part of USA but are vulcanic islands created on hotspots - so can not be part of America?

I’m British so I probably see it very differently, but the answer given to you by your teacher is correct 100%. This is because of the keyword that I highlighted.

So if you have 100 and you take 50% that leaves 50 remaining. Therefore 50% of what remains, i.e. 50 is 25.

IF you had asked if you have 100 and take 50% leaving 50, then you take a further 50% of the original amount, i.e. 100, then that would leave 0 because you are removing 50 then another 50.

1 Like

tx …so was meant original sum - not relative.

There’s a couple ways to answer that. The first being looking at the US only. And even these can be subjective based on how detailed you want to get, or how much of an area you want to talk about.

There’s the New England states - most of the north eastern part of the US
Mid-Atlantic - Between New England and the South
The South - Roughly North Carolina south, and then west to Louisiana or Texas (depending on how one views things)
Florida is just Florida
Texas many times is just Texas
Ohio Valley - The states that surround Ohio from the New England states, to the Midwest, and generally abuts the southern states
Southwest - Texas, Arizona, New Mexico…possibly Colorado and Utah as well
Midwest - the states between the Ohio Valley/Southern states to the Rockies
Mountain states - The states predominantly along the Rockies
Pacific Northwest (PNW) - Washington State and Oregon generally, sometimes Idaho as well
California - usually divided into Northern Cali and Southern Cali

These can be highly subjective, some of them can be condensed into other sections if you want to speak in more broad categories - the ‘major’ areas being the Northeast, the South, the Midwest, and West. There are even more specific regional names like the Appalachians, Northern Plains, Great Plains, Great Lakes, Old South, Pacific, etc.

Texas many times is, depending on context, is given its own group by itself as Texas is a rather unique state, as large as it is, it was its own country for a time after breaking off from Mexico, and incorporates many factors that can associate it with surrounding regional titles given its size and location. Florida is often times not considered part of the South (with the exception possibly of the panhandle) given that it was owned by the Spanish until 1819, and did not become a state until 1845. Given the strong history and current influence still of both Spanish and Hispanic cultures in that state, and that they don’t express the same traditions typically, it is usually considered its own ‘area’ so to speak.

No, Hawai’i is not part of the continental US, you are very much correct on that. So when referring to the Americas, Hawai’i would not be considered part of that, as its a Pacific Island. Though when referring to ‘American’, it would be considered part of that term as it is still part of the US.

The second way to answer that is many times, while someone from the US will say they are American, in some ways, you could draw parallels in saying that each state in the US its own country in being analogous to European countries. You are European as a larger identifier, but you are also French, Spanish, British, Czech, Greek…whichever country is the one you consider home or are from. I would say I’m American, but in similar terms could identify as saying I’m from North Carolina, Alaska, Nevada, Maine, etc. The smaller part of the larger whole.

1 Like

Uh … that it WAS a US geography lesson. I was there only once with my father for a short time.

Here’s probably one of the better visual representations I saw with a quick look. Like I was saying, many times its very subjective how and where you want to draw the lines to include a state in an area, or not, and what regions you want to break the country down into even. In this map, the Ohio Valley would be Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, and the lower half of Michigan.

1 Like