Questions on Arena

Currently working my way tip through the area. I’ve just been battling and not paying attention. However, I just did and now am wondering what’s going on. I’m Gold I and have 9 defense dragons, but was matched against someone that is Silver III and they had all 10 dragon slots fill. How can that be? Also, I noticed that I seem to get matched with about the same power defense team each round, roughly 6500. When I first started I would earn 16 trophies, now I’m only earning 9 and the bonus bar has been full the whole time. What kind of new math would continually decrease the trophies as I win battles? Are these new glitches or intentional rebalancing of the arena to make it more competitive as the release notes stated? Inquiring minds what to know…

2 Likes

That’s the way it was for me last season. In theory, you could hit refresh until you find an opponent with a higher trophy reward, but once you get to where you are now, it slows down. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

And that’s how it’ll be. 9, 9 and 9 :sweat_smile:
Good Luck, Have fun up there :kissing_heart:
Yohomie

2 Likes

Lol. Thanks. Definitely going to be slow moving with 9 trophies at a time… :rage:

1 Like

Still don’t understand how all the folks out there have all 10 dragon slots filled when none of them have reached the crystal levels. Why am I battling against 10 dragons when they should only have 8 at the most at this point? Or, is this the cheating that others were accused of? And how can I do it? Lol

2 Likes

@TalynTU Every time I battle a team with toothless on it, I ALWAYS lose that battle, even though I have 5-star dragons.

@TalynTU I wish I had an answer for you on that one. I guess I haven’t been paying attention enough to catch onto it. Lol. But yes, that does seem a bit odd. Maybe a bot that wasn’t adjusted? Over 5k trophies, you’ve started going beyond Crystal according to previous seasons and they may still have their teams locked in based on that scale.

1 Like

Thought that too, maybe they hadn’t reset their season yet. But, they do show a different level other than crystal and it should have corrected their dragons with it…

2 Likes

For me, it’s the whispering death. If there’s a 5 star whispering death in the first three dragons I will lose no matter what… I think that dragon is just rated unfairly…

1 Like

I am lost… the higher you get the less trophies from fights you get? I am currently in copper league and we get around 70-80 trophies from a win…

1 Like

@Military_Jane Yes, the higher you are, the less trophies. I’m almost Silver III and collecting between 14-20 depending on which battles I choose.

@TalynTU hang in there! I have been able to overcome Sawmaws and Murmurs, but it requires skill and a good board. I’ve caved and am starting to breed for them since it seems like there’s not going to be anything done about them. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

This makes no sense, it is so unfair for people in the higher leagues because in lower league we just need 1 win in arena to complete 50 trophies duty. So people in the lower leagues have more regular energy and get more keys for duty chests…

1 Like

@Military_Jane I don’t think it’s unfair, but it is one of the reasons I’m not racing back to the top. It actually balances the scales and slows down the P2W people. 100 runes to only move up 90? How long before that gets old… and expensive. If you think about it, if everyone got 50 trophies per win and the people that got a head start and started at 7500, and we’ll say at least 5 of them are P2W… how easy do you think it’s going to be to catch up to them if their trophies didn’t decrease? Impossible. So it makes it more competitive because lower levels can surge forward and catch up with a bit of work. Plus you can only get 100 runes every 8 hours, so it’s not like they’re constantly dispensing runes.

1 Like

But Everytime you buy protection it increases by 100 runes

@TalynTU. If you don’t mind, please post a screenshot of your win vs me. I’m curious to understand how you were able to beat my team considering I just tried several times using your team and never came close.

My screenshot is the same as the one you posted.image

@TalynTU: do me a favor, stick around me on the leaderboard for the next 24 hours and record videos of every time you play me (win or lose). Honestly, I’ve been trying to determine who is cheating and I would’ve said that you were, because I can’t see your team legitimately beating mine.

Also, why you would risk playing vs me. You can’t possibly be a favorite and you risk losing your streak which is costly.

If you do that I’ll let you have second place. And maybe it’ll help me determine better who is cheating. Do you know how to screen record?

I haven’t done that before, no. But, I can do that. I rarely get matched with teams as high as your anymore. Mainly battle around 6500-6800.

In order to be matched vs live players you have to be relatively close to their trophy count. Typically you can get matched vs that person about every 2 hours though.

Can we do something about others?

The list goes on and on, Dhyg, Mastro, Night333, terminator.

We are fighting them unfairly each everyday and what has Ludia done?