Ludia Forums

Raids are more of a chore than they are fun

Sure raids are cool, but spending 20+ minutes organizing and planning makes them almost not worth the effort. Especially mortem rex raids that can’t be beaten without a whole squad of level 30 boosted uniques, either A: make mortem rex easier to beat so it’s worth the effort, or B: make it to where raids don’t take almost half an hour to do

14 Likes

Yeah, we definitely need more communication, something on the raid selection screen. Coordination is only possible through Discord, which were not even Allowed to say in the chat lol. Even discord is difficult because of the connectivity issues.

5 Likes

An option to chat during the team selection would really help

9 Likes

I think for raid party selection to work better for random players, there can be different slots e.g. healer, distracter, chomper etc. Similar to an rpg game. The raid leader needs to decide the slots combo. E.g he can go for 2 chomper, 1 distracter, 1 healer. Some dinos can be eligible more than 1 slot. Under a chomper slot, the invited player can only choose fierce dinos. This helps to make the dino selection process less random and more strategic before doing the raid.

Edit: forgot bleeder class, but i guess most raid bosses are resistant to bleed.

3 Likes

Or 3. Make rewards to match how longvit takes to do :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think they’ll let them run for a month or two and then hash out any bugs and hopefully take our suggestion into account.

We definitely need to be able to chat on the raid loading screen.

Difficulty wise, they seem to be all right in scaling. There’s some really good threads about how to beat them.

4 Likes

Or they may wait a year or two and then just make them worse!

Besides Mortem, they seem fair enough. Mortem is not…that is ridiculous and is pandering to only the top rung players again.

3 Likes

Mortem Rex is intended to be endgame. If you’re lower level, Nemys, Therium or Sino is a challenge for you

1 Like

Though I agree that organizing raids is horrible now and should improve

That is not a reasonable excuse to me. I read the gamepress article on how hard it is, I read the thread here on beating him, and I have been in 4 raids against it. Players at high levels cannot beat this thing. It is an addition to the game that only a very very small fraction of the player base can do anything with. We get nothing for trying…so it is pandering. Saying its endgame does not really change that its an aspect of the game (est) 99% of the players will not get to enjoy as it currently stands.

I have not had much issue with the other raids, so long as there are 3 or more people.

there needs to be an actual chat not just emotes

2 Likes

A chat in the lobby would be nice. In addition, can there be a small incubator for trying harder raids? something for getting through the first round would be sufficient imo. It doesn’t need to give a lot of X boss dna, just something for trying.

3 Likes