Ludia Forums

Raids are way too hard (without 3rd party communication)

Sure, if you have a coordinated team on discord you can do anything. But shouldn’t we be able to bosses in-game, without 3rd party apps to support? Even the lower end bosses like Pyrritator or Indominous are ridiculously hard if you’re only tools are your Friend’s list and the raid “comminications” menu.

Either add a raid chat or make the bosses a lot easier, please.

6 Likes

I somewhat agree. I don’t think a raid chat can be at a level that discord currently offers with sharing tactics and images and stuff. Raid chat would help a bit but when you’re discussing move sets you don’t have enough time or space to discuss all that in a small screen. You basically just wanna invite and start the raid. Especially with random invites people won’t have the patience to wait for all the discussion and just leave, and then you have to start all over with another person. I don’t think it will be as pleasant as you think.

If people use discord to communicate why not should there be a raid chat in lobby so that we can chat with friends we don’t even know of.

1 Like

Because most of the time there aren’t enough people on my discord available to raid and most of the people available and online on my friends list aren’t on my discord. And there’s no way to get the people on my friends list to discord because the game doesnt allow me to communicate with them in any way.

So basically in order to raid successfully you need to be part of a highly organised discord community. I might have missed it, but I don’t recall seeing that in Ludia’s raid feature announcement.

Group chat works well in many other games. But there are other ways of improving assembling your raid team, like letting us specify what creature you want in a slot.

I would appreciate a “looking for: dinosaur” function in raids, if not a full on chat. It would make random raids much smoother than just blindly hoping everyone knows what they’re doing.

2 Likes

At least you could say the other dinos needed for the raid

That is interesting.

Skills needed:

Wound
Dodge
Shield
Tank
Min hp
Min Attack…

At least it would help filtering random people joining to raids.

1 Like

I think a rudimentary simplistic text chat would work.
If anything just so you can coordinate with people to get on the same discord channel.
Discord is just so robust that nothing Ludia does can compete with it, but being able to navigate to the same discord would be game changing with randos.

Just requesting a type or role won’t be enough because many JWA raids aren’t winnable unless you have a very specific set of creatures with specific stats.