Ludia Forums

Raptor feels a bit OP

*dinosaurs . Lol I’m loving the gameplay the only thing that I need to do as soon as possible is get an external battery I keep running out of juice. Hahaha darn kids are playing from their college classrooms and libraries connected to a cord. Perhaps maybe I’m not sure all I know is I’m going to “pone some noobs” today :sauropod::boxing_glove:

Euplocephalus is a great tank. Has the highest armor that Ive seen so far at 40% and its common, so pretty easy to get. Einiasuchus is great too but a little harder to obtain since its a hybrid. I also like the Weurhosaurus with its instant cripple move but its a rare dino.

1 Like

I normally use euoplocephalus or nodosaurus to counter it. Apatosaurus also has a high amount of health to use against it. The other key is to ensure your dinos are at their appropriate levels. If you are fighting in a higher tier battle arena and your dinos are low leveled, then they will get defeated easily, regardless if they are tank or not.

2 Likes

Thank you @asdeev I appreciate the tips! Being ADHD (among other things :slight_smile: *CrAZy :wink: Lol I find it hard to memorize all the Dino’s names could you include a picture of those two Dino’s when you get a chance? Much love from LA

Not a problem! I have included the pictures below. :slightly_smiling_face:

Euoplocephalus:
Euoplocephalus

Nodosaurus:
Nodosaurus

Edit:
Stegosaurus is also pretty good, if at a decent level, you can survive pounce, use Thagomizer to cut the raptor’s speed, and then use Strike. (This is assuming you are using it at the start of the match at full health when the opponent is starting off with the raptor).

2 Likes

Nodosaurus looks like it has… seen things.
/trauma

6 Likes

Just cancelled my subscription!!!
The over powered raptors in the arena have taken any enjoyment from the game.

You don’t get my money!

1 Like

THank you so much @Asdeev! I have been using the Euoplocephalus for some time now and like you said, one of the best to use as a tank. Nothing compared to the T Rexes brute power and death wake though! ( When is comes to offense) haha. Gonna hop onto come battles here in a minute we’ll see how it goes! What level are you at right meow @Asdeev ?

:joy::joy::joy: He’s just sad that he has a.hard she’ll with spikes, no one wants.to cuddle with and he can’t give ‘dino back rides’

Sad to hear you are leaving the game! The raptor is powered the way it is on purpose in my opinion. Play some defense and level up some Dino’s! Gotta get out and about!

I hate winning 3-0 with my velo.
I love winning but it no fun with an almost unbeatable velociraptor. Bring it down please to give others a chance.

1 Like

You think it’s bad now, just wait. Pretty soon, no one’s going to want to fight in the arena because of Blue and her squad being added.

There’s soon gonna be way too many trust-fund babies and lazy jerks in-game who don’t want to take the time to be creative with building a team, buying up all the Epic raptor DNA their bank accounts will allow, as long as it gets them an easy win they never put any work into achieving. Sad.

I might sound bitter about this, but I work to level my team - I get out there and hit the bricks whenever I can to find and collect the DNA. I’m sure a lot of you out there do the same - and it makes me feel that the game is losing competitiveness when I repeatedly get shanked 3 times in a row by different players, ALL OF THEM using Blue and other various raptors as an overkill squad.

Seriously, none of my team were able to mount any kind of defense, let alone have time to, as I never got a single hit in.

These “Raptor death squads” should be confined to the higher-tier arenas, leaving the rest of us the chance to play the game the way it was meant to be - balanced.

One or two raptors on a team is fairly common sense. When your entire team is made of little death machines - that’s a sign that you’re running out of ideas and don’t want to think of a new strategy, because “It’s too hard”. Wah. Deal with it and move aside for the rest of us.

2 Likes

Pardon my newness but your comment ties right in with my question. How can a person enter a battle and come up against 2 of the new raptors already at levels 11 and 16? They’ve been out 1 and 2 days!

It’s because people started using them as soon as they got them. A lot of them probably spent loads of cash, trying to buy DNA from the game store, but the end result was a flood of players in low-tier arenas spamming it up with raptor after raptor in their lineups.

I got Blue, delta and charlie and probably echo. When will the alpha comes out? Grin😜

Kentrosaurus is my counter and Nodopatosaurus pretty much anything with a move that reduces the speed of the opponent destroys raptors.

Epics start at level 11. Some of them were in incubators, so the player probably bought the DNA.

Only because I just won a fight with my level 7 Charlie. That should not happen. :joy:

Just gonna repost this here:

You think it’s bad now, just wait. Pretty soon, no one’s going to want to fight in the arena because of Blue and her squad being added.

There’s soon gonna be way too many trust-fund babies and lazy jerks in-game who don’t want to take the time to be creative with building a team, buying up all the Epic raptor DNA their bank accounts will allow, as long as it gets them an easy win they never put any work into achieving. Sad.

I might sound bitter about this, but I work to level my team - I get out there and hit the bricks whenever I can to find and collect the DNA. I’m sure a lot of you out there do the same - and it makes me feel that the game is losing competitiveness when I repeatedly get shanked 3 times in a row by different players, ALL OF THEM using Blue and other various raptors as an overkill squad.

Seriously, none of my team were able to mount any kind of defense, let alone have time to, as I never got a single hit in.

These “Raptor death squads” should be confined to the higher-tier arenas, leaving the rest of us the chance to play the game the way it was meant to be - balanced.

One or two raptors on a team is fairly common sense. When your entire team is made of little death machines - that’s a sign that you’re running out of ideas and don’t want to think of a new strategy, because “It’s too hard”. Wah. Deal with it and move aside for the rest of us.

4 Likes

An 8-raptor team is pretty much the same as a 300-zergling rush in StarCraft: being on the receiving end of either one might be annoying, but it’s still brown trousers time as you watch your team get taken apart in short order.

1 Like