Ludia Forums

Rarity Rework Poll: Buff and Nerf Edition

Kinda? But 2 of the creatures have vulnerability resistance, so that does so that comes from its own ancestry (I’m not counting Entelochops as having it, just the non-hybrid components). However, like stated multiple times, rend comes from nowhere, and it seems at least to me the most logical thing would be Ludia traded out its Decel Immunity for Rend resistance, which was a random thing to do and shouldn’t be on a tank.

I accidentally voted for edom but i wanted to vote for vexus

You can change your vote you know.

Oh, i changed it now

Components don’t really matter since many creatures get random resistances. Vexus is a prime example of this with rend and deceleration resistance coming out of nowhere.

Phorurex is strong but brittle. As long as people have a good tank such as Entelolania or even Skoona, taking Phorurex down isn’t generally a problem.

I like most of the update, but I personally would keep lethal rampage and run if the damage stays at 1500 instead of 1600. Otherwise, if dmg is 1600, the DOT on the lethal rampage and run should be for one turn while keeping phorurex’s dmg at 1500 instead of 1600.

I don’t love the idea of changing the speed resistance on Phorurex since Phorurex is a bird which is meant to be quick for the instant move. I guess the instant move balances out the speed resistance, so just save instant for t2, no problem.

Swap prevention buff is good. Crit reduction from 15% to 10% is okay.

I’m not sure about the alert rending attack since the swap prevention is okay, but maybe people will forget and attempt to swap and get hurt by phorurex while swapping out after taking dmg from the swap in.

Overall I really like the pterovexus buff. Phorurex is mostly solid, but I would keep the lethal part if dmg is debuffed. If dmg stays the same I guess this could work, but I really prefer having DOT on phorurex. I don’t care as hard for crits if I have DOT in most situations.

However, with Entelo, rend is supposed to be a good counter to it, as it’s a tank. Vexus is supposed to be this kinda mini anti tank/anti chomper, so Decel and rend work fine, plus it does have the niche of being the most immune unlockable creature in the game.

I think Ludia may have nerfed vexus with giving it distracting rampage. It lost a good defensive then 1 option

None of its components even get DOT, or speed resistance, and none had a lockdown swap in. Dracorex Gen 2 had a shattering move, so I decided to put that there. The DOT just didn’t make any sense.

Components don’t always need to judge resistances or moves. People were referring to that in one of the other forum posts I read. Monolorhino has a lot more resistance than most people feel it should have.

" TheAngrySuchomimus

Cheeseeater

3h

Components don’t really matter since many creatures get random resistances. Vexus is a prime example of this with rend and deceleration resistance coming out of nowhere."

“Cheeseeater
However, with Entelo, rend is supposed to be a good counter to it, as it’s a tank. Vexus is supposed to be this kinda mini anti tank/anti chomper, so Decel and rend work fine, plus it does have the niche of being the most immune unlockable creature in the game.”

Phorurex would be destroyed if it didn’t stun and hurt dinos on evasion. The lockdown is pretty useful but could be lost since stunning obstruction would still exist. Speed resistance does feel important in my opinion, the DOT is extra but really helps differentiate better. I don’t think DOT should go, but it could be reduced. Neither bird has DOT and there aren’t a lot of end-game fierce creatures that can inflict DOT in Unique and Apex rarity.

Hydra Boa
Refrenantem
Phorurex
Scorpios Gen 3
Pterovexus
Spinoconstrictor
Stygidaryx

Out of these 7 creatures, the best ones are:
Boa, Phorurex, Scorpios Gen 3, Spinoconstrictor

Sure, I use Stygidaryx, but it isn’t going to take a Phorurex out in 3 turns unless it is boosted and quick.

Who remembers when they first started playing? I enjoyed using DOT creatures when I first started. I just wish there were more.

Phorurex actually beats or ties with both of these. It’s extremely hard to kill Phorurex without losing a creature.

I beat a lot of Phorurex with my team:
Poukadactylus lvl 24
Compsocalous lvl 23
Entelolania lvl 26
Scorpions Gen 3 lvl 28
Testacornabis lvl 24
Spinoconstrictor lvl 22
Parasauthops lvl 23
Phorurex lvl 27

Phorurex beats most phorurex.

Parasauthops destroys phorurex on revenge.

Spinoconstrictor kills phorurex in 2 turns.

Entelolania destroys phorurex if they swap or on revenge.

Testacornabis almost decimates phorurex if boosted and lvled right.

Compsocalous puts in a lot of dmg and is a good sacrifice to revenge kill with a resilient Dino.

Poukadactylus seems to be on the field when most phorurex swap in. Horrible choice if pouk is faster. You basically give pouk the chance to destroy you if close in lvl.

Scorpions Gen 3 is a freebie for phorurex unless it was swapped or dodged and is quicker the previous turn. It puts in good enough damage to beat phorurex they don’t cleanse the DOT in time.

I’m not sure if my team is a nightmare or what, but I reached 5k trophies these last 3 months. I started mid July 2021 - ~7 months ago. Does my team sound okay? I regularly beat phorurex with ease. It may be hard for some, but my team has no issues with it most games.

2 Likes

Good call on changing the class as well.

3 Likes