Ludia Forums

*Real* Unique Creature Rebalancing

Im pretty sure by now, all of you have heard me complain about Resilient Strike being in most of the creatures in the game. And its true (Prove me wrong). Some creatures before the Update were actually balanced as opposed to now, and some are reverse. Well I propose a whole lot of creature balancing, some new, some old. (Quite frankly, some of the changes brought on by the update doesnt even make sense)

Note: If some stats arent listed, that means I propose it stays the same

Gemini
First of all, I thought Decel Moves are exclusive to Sauropods and Thagomizer Moves to (prepare to be surprised) dinos that have a Thagomizer.

5400 HP changed to 5700 HP
1350 ATK changed to 1400 ATK

Same Moveset Pre-Update 2.0 (NS, DR, DSA, but keep Group Invincibility)

Resistances:
Immunity from Stun and Speed Decrease (Might also change Speed Decrease {SD} to 75%)
75% Resistance to Swap-Prevention, Distraction
50% Resistance to Vulnerability

• I like it
  • I hate it (Pls specify in comments as to why)
  • It passes

0 voters

Thor

Resistances:
Immunity to Swap-Prevention
(Note: Took out Immunity to Vulnerability, let its Fierce Move do that job)

• I like it
  • I hate it
  • It passes

0 voters

Strictor
3600 HP changed to 3900 HP

ID changed to Null. Impact/Exploit Wound (Lemme know in the comments)
ES changed to Sidestep

Resistances:
Immunity to SD and Distraction

• I like it
  • I hate it
  • It passes

0 voters

Magna
Resistances: (Note: Also the same for MonoRhino)
Immunity to Stun, SD, Distraction and DoT
75% Resistance to Swap-Prevention
50% Resistance to Rend
(Basically more or less the same, the only difference being Distraction Resistance being raised to 100% from 50%)

• I like it
  • I hate it
  • It passes

0 voters

Indo
Cunning Strike changed to Cleansing Shattering Strike
Cleansing Impact changed to Pounce
APR changed to DSR

or

Moveset reverts back to Pre-Update 2.0 (APS, CI, DSR and ES)

Resistances:
Immunity to Stun and Swap-Prevention
75% Resistance to Distraction

• Option 1
  • Option 2
  • Hate both
  • Ehh Whichever one works

0 voters

Tryko
1550 ATK changed to 1600 ATK
108 speed changed to 107 Speed (Slower than my updated Thor)

Resilient Impact changed to Group Instant Distraction

Medium Resilient C-A changed to Mild Resilient C-A (0.25 Damage, and everything else its counter does)

No Resistances (Basically getting rid of 50% Vulnerability Resistance. LET Fierce Strike do its job)

• I like it
  • I hate it
  • It passes

0 voters

Maxima
6000 HP changed to 5400/5700 HP
Maybe damage lowered to 1200? (From 1300)

Moveset changes to Pre-Update 2.0 (Def. S, DI, DSR, and II)

Resistances:
Immunity from Stun and Speed Decrease (Might also change Speed Decrease {SD} to 75%)
75% Resistance to Swap-Prevention, Distraction
50% Resistance to Vulnerability

• I like it
  • I hate it
  • It passes

0 voters

DiloRach
124 Speed changed to 126 Speed

Cunning Impact changed to Greater Stunning Rampage

Resistances:
same

• I like it
  • I hate it
  • It passes

0 voters

Godzilla (Just kidding. Bet you thought of Mortem. Nah Im talkin about its sibling, Dioraja)
1200 ATK changed to 1100 ATK

Resilient Stike changed to Superior Vulnerability (Its got Raking Counter anyway)
Resilient Rampage changed to Ferocious Strike
Instant Invincibility changed to Group Invincibility

Resistances: (Didnt have any before)
Immunity to Vulnerability and Crit Reduction

• I like it
  • I hate it
  • It passes

0 voters

DracoceRat
3300 HP changed to 3900 HP
1600 ATK changed to 1500 ATK
117 Speed changed to 126 Speed

Cunning Strike
Acute Stun or Slowing Impact (If Proceratosaurus gets that deserved move back)
Cunning Impact changed to Distracting Impact
Cleansing Impact changed Cleansing Rampage (IF it doesnt have a delay)

SI-Savagery changed to SI-Charge {New Mechanic: 1x damage, 75% chance to Stun. Bound for 2 turns}

Resistances:
same

• I like it
  • I hate it
  • It passes

0 voters

Erlidom
3000 HP changed to 3200 HP
Maybe 1600 ATK? (From 1500)

Distracting Impact changed to Distracting Strike and Run (Erliko of Epic Rarity should also get this move)

Resistances:
Immunity to Crit Reduction, DoT, Swap-Prevention, SD, and Distraction (Or Distraction could be lowered to 75%)
50% Rend Resistance

• I like it
  • I hate it
  • It passes

0 voters

Ill continue it later

Just a heads up, Greater Thagomizer was changed on Maxima and Gemini to group decel rampage.

Gemini: I think the new thing is Sauropods are 100% resist to decel (most of them currently are) so I think Gemini needs to keep this. Keeping everything as is and increasing damage to 1500 (Same as Diplod) would make it different than ardentist and viable in its own way. I think the resistances you listed are solid although I don’t like 75% to swap, seems like too much rng there.

I think Magna is fine as is.

I think your first 2 moves for Indo are good, but keep APR. Maybe bump his damage up to 1500.

Tryko would be more balanced if Invincibility didn’t shield for 2 moves. Maybe make it’s counter only slow 25%, although that may get wonky.

Maxima as much as it pains me because of how good it is in raids, should lose decel rampage for decel impact (group). Dock it’s HP down to 5400 or 5700 and I think it’ll be more balanced

Dilorach is fine how it is, perfect for raids.

Dio is fine as is, maybe reduce crit rate to 20% or attack to 1100

Erlidom with 40% crit and 1600 attack would be really powerful, I’d say one or the other-

4 Likes

For Gemini, I was contemplating between 75% or 100%, but I have no prob keeping the latter. I feel like the damage you suggested is too high for a creature with that high of an HP

As for Indo, APR could make the first option balanced, though buffing its attack to 1500 is not the way to go, unless it can be fully distracted. Its too powerful.

As for Dio, I got rid of its Resilient moves because its part of my bigger plan of redistributing Reseilient Moves properly. So maybe hold on the judgement for that. Plus I gave it a buff as it now does 3300 damage every turn. (Not counting Armour, Vulnerability, etc.)

As for Erlidom, I didnt know it had 40% crit, just lower it to 30% or even 20%, keep 1600 ATK and call it a day…

Top ranked people actually like how is dilorach with its kit.
Just curious, which arena are you?

I like that gem buff, however I don’t like that it could keep DR just because they nerfed DR to have a 1 turn delay which means gemini doesn’t anything on turn 1 to use but resilient strike against any creature.

For constrictor, it does need Exploit wound over Null impact. it helps deal that extra damage before going down and if facing another counter attacker, it wont trigger a counter to kill her, making sure the opponent uses that big move.

I said I hated the Erlidom rebalancing only because Quetzorion will no longer one shot it btw.
If Quetzorion also gets it’s well deserved buff (instead of the nerf Ludia gave it), then I may change my mind.
I know I’m getting ahead here but crafty strike should dodge, null rampage only should have cooldown 1, or nullifying counter should do damage (Since Pteraquetzal is a counter-attacker). And higher damage for Orion overall unless null counter does damage. It needs to be able to get rid of Erlidom quickly and risk-free.

DSA already got nerfed. It’s fine as is

What’s SD? If it’s not decel, then I’d take both of these out for decel

I think this would benefit Indo immensely

If this happens, it doesn’t need the hp decrease

I would keep resilient rampage and SV. This would work really well

This is a good buff, especially with the damage and speed being as it is

Again not sure what SD is, but as long as erlidom can’t be slowed, it’s a buff

2 Likes

Spinoconstrictor
0%
10%
Sidestep
Precise Rampage
Null Rampage
EW
Immune to Distract and Dece
On Escape Evasive Strike
Wounding Counter

Gemini
0%
5%
Null Strike
Decel Rampage
DSA
Instant Invincibility
Immune to Decel and Stun
50% Distract

3 Likes

About the DSA thing, I didnt want it, I just did it to appease players who hated the Gemini

Aviary. There you satisfied?

I havent actually done Quetz yet, and so definitely wait for that. My plan tho is for Quetz to have 1600 ATK so Erlidom could do with the [edited] 3200 HP

1 Like

It is my hope that Decel Moves get the deserved cooldown back, and so do Null. Moves. Both of those moves are quite fair, leagues fairer in comparison to other absurd moves such as CS/PFS

OK. Didn’t see that. As for gemini, it should still be end-game viable with diplodocus being a pain to get

Well that explain why you dont have idea of balancing the meta ( no offense ofc lol).

True but not too good as it’s other two ingredients are now very easy to get, plus there two rares

But 200 diplodocus a pop is a lot, and on top of the fact that it’s never been wild. It should still be end-game viable

Lol so is 200 rhino, and so was 50 mammoth, I’m just saying don’t over do it as only 1/3 is super hard to get

50 mammoth DNA wasn’t as bad, as a unique pop would usually require less than 200. And while woolly rhino and brachi are also in the same boat as diplodocus, they’re a bit different as they have been in the wild for some time, and as for monolorhino, woolly rhino will be released in the wild for at least another 2 weeks.

Spinoconstrictor
I was quite disappointed with the removal of Exploit Wound. I like Dinos with niche moves that makes them play differently. EW was interesting against counter-attackers, as a suicide strike etc. The change to Evasive is also pretty obnoxious.

If we’re looking at what this dino should counter and be weak to.
Weak to: DOT Immunes & Healers, Anti-Evasive, Stuns
Strong vs: Evasive, Distracters, Counterattackers, Runners, High HP/Low Damage

Giving it Null Impact doesn’t really change its niche meaningfully. Replacing Pinning Strike with anything else was the only change this Dino really needed.

Thor
Headbutt Advantage… This is not the kind of move Thor needs. Thor is just a big Rex. Some extra armour could be argued for (given heritage) but that is about it. I don’t even want to think about healing Nitro-Thors.

Indoraptor
This is a dino that has never really known what it was. It is somewhere between a jack of all trades and an anti-tank speedster.

Tanks now are definitively anti-distraction/anti-dodge (rather than just anti-distraction). While these two were separated, Indo had its niche but now it can’t really function as an Anti-Tank. It is too slow to be anti-speedster, so with the addition of Cunning Strike it is firmly back in the Anti-Chomper role. I think adding Pounce back to Indoraptor would be an interesting change, maybe replacing Cleansing Impact which is largely useless now.

Ardentismaxima
DOT-ability really isn’t worth all the upgrades this creature received. It isn’t super hard to deal with because even though it wins 1v1 it generally loses any speed-tie on a fresh creature. I think fiddling around with its attack stat might be the easiest way to push this Dino where it is supposed to go.

If you think about its role as a high-HP sauropod it should naturally be countered by Chompers and kill speedsters. The problem I think is that it has too much speed control and too few Chompers have speed control resistance (strange how the counters have it). Moreover, its armour isn’t that high but rather it has high HP so even Chompy-Chompers struggle a bit. Basically T-Rex-like Dinos should counter this which would make 1100 damage about the most it could reasonably expect to have. That way it would (mostly) largely lose to any creature with 4500 HP, 1750 Damage and a 1.5/2.0 Shattering moveset. 1100 still lets its 2-shot anything with less than 4400 HP and no slow resistance.

2 Likes