Red chests downgraded

I’m pretty sure red chests are worse than they used to be.
I hardly ever get legendaries from them now - maybe once in the last 6.
Last one I opened had one epic card and other all commons and rares.
A few months ago most red chests had legendaries. And lots of epics.
I’m definitely not spending gems to buy or open them. Feel disappointed every time.

@lemonfarmer, you are correct. The Red Chest drop rate has dropped significantly to 0.0023% for each of the 60 Legendary items which are available. Once a certainty, it in now unlikely you will get a Legendary Item from these chests. This is horrendous when one considers each Red Chest used to include 1 Legendary item. Ludia has barricaded all paths to progress for newer players, even paid ones. :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face:

[Edit: The drop rate for the Red Chest is now similar to the Purple Chest. The difference between the two is only 0.002%. This seems completely unfair to players that have not maxed the necessary Legendary Items yet]

2 Likes

Hi all, sorry for the late reply here. @Orloch @lemonfarmer The Red Chest drop rate has not dropped or been nerfed. The % chance of receiving a legendary in the chest has remained the same. What you are quoting is the chance to pull a specific legendary item. As the game grows and new legendary equipment is added, the chance for each one is diminished. Currently, there are 66 legendary gears each with a .0021% chance to be found according to my game.

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback @Keith.

Based on the numbers provided (a rate of 0.0021% chance for each of 66 items) the odds of getting a legendary item sit at 13.9% for each red chest.
[The numbers listed in my post above are slightly different as I have one less hero, but the drop rate is the same in both instances]

I cannot find any specific data or recent screen shots, but general consensus among players seemed to suggest the previous drop rate was slightly above 50%. This may not have been a precise number but it was in the ball park. Perhaps someone else can provide the old drop rate.

Thus, instead of getting 1 Legendary pull for every 2 chests, the figures you provide suggest only 1 Legendary pull for every 7 chests. This seems to be a significant decrease.

2 Likes

@Keith thanks for the reply. This can’t be right. I used to get a leg in almost every red chest. Now almost never.
I’m not talking the latest update but going back a few months.

2 Likes

According to our stats, the drop rate of Legendary and Silverhand gear as a rarity hasn’t changed comparing the last 90 days before the update to the last 7 days of this update itself.

1 Like

What about before that Keith?

1 Like

I’ve also noticed that there are significantly more SH pulls now than in the past, as opposed to just standard legendary equipment. I don’t think it can be attributed to simply adding 1 or 2 additional SH weapons into the mix over the last few months (because ratio-wise, there have actually been even more legendaries added - so SH should be even lower compared to legendary ratio).

As much frustration as pulling a really bad legendary caused, my heart sinks even lower when I see that “blue-tinged screen” start up as opposed to the “yellow-tinged one” - signally a SH and not legendary.

I know you are saying its not nerfed but as a player who has been keepin track it sure doesnt feel like it. I would venture to say several months ago i got a legendary out of 75% or more of my red chests. I have not had one in my last 7 chests, I have been keeping track. Obviously when dealing with random numbers that can happen but i am not the only player who has been saying that red chests seem to never give legendary items anymore

1 Like

I agree.
I think that red chests were heavily nerfed. But not in the last update, it happened in the one before but took some of us some time to realise it wasn’t just random numbers

2 Likes