Ludia Forums

Reduce Monolometrodon Speed

If it is going to be inmune to everything at least make it the slowest creature in the game.

although it deserves a nerf of sorts, I don’t see the reason to reduce its speed. If it gets a nerf, its probably gonna do nothing to its speed. Idk about how people deal with the attack and health and stuff, but I think the speed is fine

1 Like

The speed stat itself is fine. If anything, they could nerf it by removing it’s immunity to deceleration (though I think they should keep the deceleration resistance at 75% so that it still outspeeds some stuff, but it would still be weaker to deceleration in general).

Honestly i think removing the resistance to distraction completely would be a more appropriate nerf as It would allow cunning creatures to deal with It reliably. Making It get outsped by faster tanks i don’t think helps much, It just makes the game go more in a fierce vs resilient direction excluding more cunning creatures as they become less necessary. With the fierce role monolo has i see no advantage on making It vulnerable against resilient creatures, but i see a point in making It be countered by cunning creatures.

6 Likes

I could see either one. I still think this would help give players a reason to use faster tanks. They have to sacrifice some of their other stats to get that speed, but it doesn’t benefit them at all. If they have the same matchups as any other resilient, you might as well use a slower resilient with higher attack and HP, since they’re going to be using deceleration to outspeed their opponents anyway. It also opens up Monolometerodon to entirely new kinds of counters, rather than making it’s current “counters” better, since it’s current pool of counters of similar availibility is already quite limited. I was just thinking that Monolometerodon could be seen as more cunning relative to Magna, so it makes more sense to give it a cunning weakness. And if someone ever decided to nerf Magna for whatever reason, they could give it more of a fierce weakness by removing it’s distraction immunity but letting it stay immune to decel.

1 Like

But If you think about It, the 2 faster tanks among legendaries are monostegotops and mammotherium, and people already use them plenty. In fact they are probably the most used tanks on legendary tournaments. So maybe faster tanks aren’t really in much need of help here, i feel it’s mostly those other slower tanks like trago, stegod, nodopato, gigaspika, ankyntro, etc, that are actually on the irrelevant side rather than the faster tanks. The faster tanks are doing pretty fine, so i don’t really see a point in making monolo weak specifically to deceleration, removing distraction resistance just seems like the better option to give her more counters imo. But i do think 75% speed decrease resistance can be a good form of balancing on some cases, like on monolorhino (as a wild card swapper It needs some weaknesses here and there but can still outspeed after a slow sometimes), could be for some stuff like grylenken or edaphocevia(is a cunning-fierce but has more cunning moves). As monolo has a stablished role in tank busting i personally prefer that doesn’t change about It.

1 Like

Thats a fair point. I was mostly thinking about the uniques, where slower resilients dominate, but you are right that among it’s legendary peers faster resilients are stronger than slower ones, which is quite interesting when you compare them to uniques.

Of course I agree that even though 75% deceleration resistance may not be the way to go for Monolometerodon, it would be a fantastic option for other (relatively fast) cunning-fierce or cunnings with fierce ancestry, like Grylenken, Edaphocevia, and maybe even Erlidominus. These all have 50% speed decrease resistance already, but their own lack of decelerating attacks makes this resistance incredibly limited for them.

1 Like

Yeah, i was thinking that It could be a great option for them. As far as the unique tanks go, the one pure resilient that is weaker is probably just testacornibus, but i think It just needs a buff, especially in stats as its stats aren’t good enough compared to the other tanks. The kit could probably be reworked as well, tho i personally am not sure how exactly. The other one that could be a bit stronger is smilonemys, it is pretty good, i say by experience, but i’ll admit It could be just slightly stronger. The last one i remember is entelolania, this thing as we all now is absolute crap :rofl: It isn’t a fast tank but just thought I’d mention It cause it’s probably the worst unique and tank, needs a big rework.

1 Like

Well I guess we know who to cover next over on the rework threat :joy:

1 Like