Redundancy

Everyone uses the same teams. We fight the same Dino’s in a different order over and over. This is what happens when you add boosts. People fight with ones they’ve invested in not the ones with the higher level you’ve been lucky to find. I remember how much fun this game was when it launched. I’ve been here since day one. It’s just not the same. I would go out to the park every day after work to see what i could find. I haven’t done that in months. There’s literally no reason to. You have a handful of highly boosted Dino’s you fight with and getting a new level 16 legendary isn’t going to change that. I’ve got uniques I’ve never used because I’d have to spend $100 to get make them arena worthy. I’m not complaining because I’m losing. I’m holding my own just fine. Im just bored.

15 Likes

They could add an item to extract boosts from something and move them to another. That way people can try out different critters.

3 Likes

Facing the same creatures is an old problem… what’s funny (not to say pathetic) is that the annoucement was exactly about “Hey, now you can use different creatures and still be strong”… with all that “T-Rex faster than a Velociraptor” crap… But no, my dear… if people boost the strongest creatures they’ll still be above the others, OBVIOUSLY!.. So they only made the lack of variety worse… MUCH worse… 'cause now you have to store boosts if you plan on making changes on your team…

5 Likes

Redundant Redundancy is Redundant

The redundancy and the DC’s that kept growing in strength n level is why I quit completely doing any PvP on my primary account. All I have is 8 arena worthy dinos.

I have 91 to choose from on my 2nd account in Badlands. My problem now is deciding which dinos to make teams with. I think once I hit 100, I’ll use a number generator to pick me 8 to play.

I wish they had a built in AI to play my team for me and I can just sit and watch. I hit battle and the AI takes it from there.

2 Likes

Boosts made my T-rex one of the most feared creatures in the arena. Ludia wouldn’t give it what it deserved so i had to use boosts to give it a good reputation. I was very close to benching it but i love it and held on long enough for it to become a savage. I’ve been told that my T-rex is tyrant tier because of how i boosted it.

3 Likes

You inspired me to start my own operation supreme rexy. I’ve been hoarding boosts for about a month now. Stockpiled about 300k coins to level it from 15-25 ish, which is my average team level. It can be done it’s just a huge grind. :weary:

1 Like

Yeah leveling T-rex is a huge grind and sacrifice since other hybrids use so much of its DNA. And it’s hard to get high scores when darting it. So much fun though and very satisfying after all that hard work. I’m ready for level 31 if they ever open up more levels haha. I’m saving all my T-rex DNA just in case.

3 Likes

I can imagine. Got 10k Rex dna but will need at least 30k to go all the way. I just fancied a break from the norm like the dude said starting the thread. It sucks tbf that it does take months, but gonna be so rewarding. Like I totally understand his frustration. If they nerf a certain Dino and you’ve poured loads of boost into it. You have to start all over again. Smart business from Ludia tbf. Constant income :weary:

1 Like

Like a seasonal reset on boosts. If people want to use the same boosted dinos just re boost them. Gives other people the ability to try other dinos. Be more adventurous/creative with teams. I’m sure players would still purchase them.

2 Likes

But then they wont make any money

2 Likes

We never should’ve been able to choose what to boost. They should’ve been random draws and percentage chance to draw lowered the higher up in class you go. Would’ve made the game really interesting.

1 Like

*as much money.
Because they can sell these items. People will make mistakes / want to move boosts and try out a different creature. If a reset item costs as much as let’s say 1 epic capsule (1k HC), they’d still have to buy the HC.

The thing to do is find something that you enjoy about the game and focus on that. If you are having no luck on climbing the Arena at the moment then focus on something else for a while.

Take myself… apologises if I am repeating myself… I came to JWA to play dinosaurs, not to create hybrids and climb the Arena. I’ll never get far anyway. So, I have given up on hybrids (other than the 2 and a half-ish) from the films, and I focus now on leveling every prehistoric animal up to 20th. I then play those, swapping around to make a fun team. I am having far more fun now than I ever did.

That might not work for you though. We play for different reasons. But I would suggest rather than giving up on the game, try something different in game for a while. Find another focus and then come back maybe with the next update and see whether the changes have changed your mind.

2 Likes