Regarding Carnotaurus

We’ve all seen somebody talking about how they want a better Carno, but I have seen very few suggestions as to how. The movies didn’t really get into this much, but in the book, Carnotaurus was capable of camoflauge. Perhaps this would be something worth integrating? Ludia won’t take suggestions if we don’t make them. What do you think?

I’m not so sure about camouflage. In the movies the I.rex has camouflage and in the game that’s represented by the cloak move. You don’t have to look for long to get an idea of people’s feelings towards that move.

I’ve suggested giving Carno a move set that references it’s habits in life as we understand them. Swap in Ferocious Impact, for example. Reflecting Carno’s tendency to charge at it’s prey to get a deeper bite.

1 Like

There are 4 major “universes” in the JP/JW saga:

The books

The films

The comics

The games

Each one is separate and self-contained, but have certain things that bleed through into one another. Usually, for something to cross over it requires that it would fit in the already established continuity. Say you wanted to “port over” the camo ability from the novels to the films. The problem with that is that right now it’s too late to do this, as it was never used in any other (earlier) movie, specifically with the Carno - they would have had to introduce the Carno in JP2, but chose not to, owing to the fact that they couldn’t achieve the effects needed at the time.

In the films, Wu never engineered them to cloak until he built the Indominus, while in the second novel, we see that he had done so with the Carnotaurs. Since no film backstory exists to support this in the movies, adding it now would just confuse audiences who haven’t read the novels.

About time they start bringing in all the Chaos Theory dinos. Hopefully next update will see at least a couple.

The problems with “Chaos Theory” spring from the failed Fox Kids animated JP series that never even went into production, once Fox and Universal got a look at the ugly toys that Kenner was making as a series tie-in, called “Chaos Effect”.

They only ever released 4 of the 12 planned dino hybrids to stores, and no one bought them, they were that ugly. The ones you see in photos of “Ultimasaurus”- there was only one actually made as a prototype, and it was decided that it was too dangerous for kids, having lots of horns and stabby points all over it. Plus, the thing looked like a wide-awake nightmare.

Since the “Chaos Effect” storyline was eliminated from canon, having never been produced for TV or sold many toys, it remains an outlier. I think Topps did a mini-series of it in the comics, but those stray pretty far from film canon anyway.

I still want the dinosaurs from the Chaos line in the game. Are the designs of the other 8 that weren’t put into production still known? I’d be willing to bet those are pretty awesome too. Hope they make it to JWA one day as well.

There were prototypes made, so I’m sure the photos exist. Check out Klayton Fioriti’s YouTube about Chaos Effect. He explains why it failed better than I can.

The thing about chaos effect is that we have some similar dinos already. Allinosaurus, Paramoloch and Alankylosaurus are so similar to some in the Chaos Effect. If you want a Spino/Amargo hybrid, I’m all for that.

That being said, it would be nice to see a few more dinosaurs from the books, movies, and toy lines integrated into the game. Maiasaurus, Pachycephalosaurs, Microceratops, Compsopgnathus and Chasmosaurus are just a few I think would be cool to see.

2 Likes

Carno got a great buff this update not only on is new counter atack passive but also with the +50% bonus damage on is base atack iff he need something maybe a long protection nothing more

2 Likes

I agree strongly with this.

Where the games are concerned, there’s a bit more leeway into what they can add. One thing though, this is a licensed game - Universal Studios still has say over what can be added. Knowing that they already rejected the cartoony Chaos Effect universe from canon, it’s probably not likely that we will see any of them.

Even though there’s leeway, Ludia still has to abide by stipulations in the contract with Universal. We’re seeing a lot of hybrids, yes. Some even resemble the CE dinos. But I think that’s probably as good as it’s going to get.

Don’t get your hopes up for Ultimasaurus anytime soon.

He needs more HP and speed. The real thing could run at nearly 40 mph, for crying out loud! The shield would definitely improve it, but overall survivability of Carno right now is “meh”.

As for other existing dinos, especially real known species, we’re starting to get more as time wears on. Miragaia for example - a long necked stegosaur from Portugal - I wasn’t expecting that one. I’m starting to think that the devs just pull dino species names from a hat or something. LOL

1 Like

Why do we need Ultimasaurus when Allinosaurus and Utahsinoraptor exist? My best guess is that if they were to do a triceratops/therapod hybrid, they’d choose another route and name.

My point exactly. We have CE right now. It’s not what people expected, but it’s what Ludia was able to manage without violating any licensing rules.

But back to the main topic… Carno still has a ways to go before it is viable as a team member in the mid to high arenas.

There have been some improvements made, but not enough to make it worth adding it to your team just yet.

1 Like

I suspect that it’s a long-shot to hope my favorite dinosaur will ever appear in this game though. It doesn’t seem like a dinosaur that could carry a good kit. (Psittacosaurus Mongoliensis)

Carnotaurus is easily one of my favorite therapods. My thought was to give it a really short-term cloak intead of sheilds and allow for the counter to wittle-down the opponent. That is unless the RNG gods aren’t favoring your Carno today. (Whoops)

Here is part 2 of my Halloween special I wrote for the forum. Carno came in at #3.

It explains why Carno needs a real speed buff, if anything.

Since the movies have gone the route of militarization of hybrids, I’d like to see the games take this farther and show how it might play out. The Choas line of dinos doesn’t go far enough imo. I’d like to see a T-Rex with modern enhancements added. Metal armor plating and some sort of artillery cannon even. The game shouldn’t be limited by what the other branches of Jurassic IP have done. The ship has already sailed on keeping the game grounded in realism, and I for one am glad it has. Just try to be open to the possibility of MekkaRex and you mind just find you’ve also wanted it all along.