Hello fellow DPG members,
This update is focused on Battle Features & Drone Improvements. From On Escape mechanics to new abilities to customized drone settings, these changes are aimed at enhancing the player experience.
Here’s what we’re excited to bring you in the coming update:
- New Drone Controls
- Emotes Improvement
- Campaign Mode
- New Active Abilities
- New Mechanics
- New Passive Abilities
- New Creatures
- Ability Updates
- Creature Updates
Titanoboa + Titanoboa GEN2
These new creatures are slithering into the update. Read on for more details!
NEW DRONE CONTROLS
In the player settings, you can now access different drone control parameters.
There are three options:
- Classic: the controls you have learned to love that are currently in the game.
- Veteran: slightly slower when compared to classic, but with less drift. Allows for more precise aiming at the cost of movement speed.
- Rookie: a “slower and easier” drone that is suitable for players who are still getting used to controlling their drone. The slower response will help players dart all creatures except the fastest ones, which will tend to escape this drone’s tracking speed.
To change it, go to your Player Profile, then to Settings, then tap on the “Drone Style” button. Please note that drone controls settings cannot be changed during the drone session.
In 1.11, we introduced the Emotes feature in battle. However, they could only be used during the Action Phase. In order to make the feature easier to use, they will now be usable during the time in between Action Phases (except during the animation when a new creature comes into play).
A new chapter is added to the end of the Campaign Mode. It contains 4 challenges meant to test veteran players’ battle ability.
Extra campaign missions were added in previous chapters in order to smooth the progression of the experience.
- Players whose progression was before those new missions must play these missions linearly, in order.
- Anyone can play the missions and reap the rewards, even if their current mission progression would place them after these new missions! If this is the case, then the new missions can be played in any order.
With the new year comes a new migration. You may notice an increase in the diversity of creatures in the world. Also, a lot of creatures that used to spawn in specific areas can now be found elsewhere. We encourage you all to share your observations!
Perceptive DPG observers will notice that there are no more Epic creatures spawning on specific days of the week.
Finally, a lot of Common creatures now move at a slightly lower speed, especially at the start of the drone session. After extracting enough DNA, the creature will return to its usual (faster) speed. This is to help new players learn to pilot the drone and have an easier experience. Experienced players will also benefit from this change on their first few darts. You may notice that you will collect more DNA from common creatures.
Players can now see Sanctuary Points by tapping the Sanctuary Level indicator.
Players can now see the progress of their own creature when looking at a creature in Care View.
Players can now see the progress of their own creature in the Enclosure View (tap and hold the Creature Portraits).
NEW ACTIVE ABILITIES
Definite Shield Advantage
Remove Cloak, Dodge and Shields. Gain Shields 50% for 1 turn. Attack 1.5x, bypassing armor. Cooldown: 1
Note: this ability has been added to the list of Defense Shattering abilities for the purposes of Campaign Mode restrictions.
The Jurassic World Alive metagame is revamped with the addition of the On Escape mechanic. Creatures that leave the field are no longer guaranteed to be safe if their opponents have On Escape abilities!
On Escape (ability when opponent creature leaves)
An On Escape Ability is an ability that triggers when the opponent creature attempts to leave the battlefield. This means that a creature is no longer safe when it swaps out, should its opponent have an offensive On Escape Ability!
- Anything that should happen before the swap out happens as usual (such as the “hit” in Hit and Run).
- Creature declares that it leaves (such as with an “And Run” ability, or using the Manual Swap option)
- If the opponent creature with On Escape is not Stunned or Taken Out, its On Escape is triggered: the associated ability is used.
- If the opponent creature survives the On Escape ability, it leaves and the new one comes in.
Some other cases may happen:
- When a creature uses a hit and run ability, it can only run if it is not dead.
- A Stun does not prevent a creature from leaving.
- A creature that was attempting to leave using a Manual Swap will still make the manual swap happen, regardless of death status.
*A counter attacker that leaves can still counter attack (if the opponent deals damage with their On Escape ability).
Last but not least, please be aware that the turn will play until the end no matter what happens.
NEW PASSIVE ABILITIES
On Escape Evasive Strike
When the opponent leaves, gain 75% chance to dodge 66.7% of damage for 1 turn. Attack 1x.
On Escape Heal
When the opponent leaves, Cleanse self and Heal 50% of Max HP.
On Escape Rampage
When the opponent leaves, Attack 2x.
On Escape Dust Cloud
When the opponent leaves, gain +50% damage 2 turns and become Invincible 1 turn.
When the opponent leaves, it is Swap Prevented 1 turn.
This is particularly interesting against a manual swap since a manual swap will fail in this case (your opponent will effectively lose their turn)!
Note: This ability has been added to the list of Swap Preventing abilities for the purposes of Campaign Mode restrictions.
When surviving direct damage, the target is Swap Prevented and has damage reduced -50% 1 turn.
When surviving direct damage, target receives 33% Damage Over Time for 1 turn.
Note: This ability has been added to the list of Damage Over Time abilities for the purposes of Campaign Mode restrictions.
Titanoboa - Epic | Resilient Swap Punishing Speed Control Tank
- Epic Titanoboa has 1200 attack, 4500 HP, 112 speed, and 20% critical hit chance. It features Pinning Strike, Precise Rampage, and Decelerating Impact. It is Immune to Distraction. Ever the patient hunter, Titanoboa punishes those who swap out by surprising them with an On Escape Rampage.
Titanoboa GEN2 - Rare | Resilient Shielded Swap Punishing Speed Control Precise Tank
- Rare Titanoboa GEN2 has 1100 attack, 4200 HP, 110 speed, and 20% critical hit chance. It features Shielded Decelerating Strike, Precise Rampage, and Precise Impact. It is Immune to Distraction. Keep Titanoboa GEN2 alive and let your opponent swap out: your Resilient boa will increase in power and become Invincible with On Escape Dust Cloud!
Megalogaia - Epic | Resilient Anti-Tank Shielded Speed Control Counter Attacker
- Megaloceros receives a few spikes and bad temper from Miragaia to create Megalogaia. With 1200 attack, 3960 HP, and 122 speed, this Resilient Anti-Tank Tank has options to also exercise speed control over its adversaries in the form of Shielded Decelerating Strike, Bellow, and Decelerating Impact. With the aforementioned abilities and Dig In, Megalogaia has ample opportunity to generate Shields! As per its common “ingredient”, Megalogaia counter-attacks with Armor Piercing Counter Attack. As per its rare “ingredient”, Megalogaia is Immune to Deceleration.
Entelomoth - Legendary | Fierce Self-Increasing Anti-Tank Bruiser
- Mixing Entelodon and Mammoth genes, this hybrid has a plethora of options to increase its damage (and potentially its opponent’s!) with Mutual Fury and Persistent Ferocious Strike. Entelomoth has 1500 attack, 4500 hp, 120 speed, and 20% armor. It can deploy a Shield and exert speed control with Bellow, or go on the offensive with Defense Shattering Rampage. Similar to its Wooly Mammoth ancestry, its copious hair makes it Immune to Damage Over Time. Similar to its Entelodon ancestry, Entelomoth can regenerate to punish the opponent’s departure with On Escape Heal. This ancestry also grants it Stun Immunity.
Dilophoboa - Legendary | Cunning Distracting Dodger
- Legendary Dilophoboa mixes Titanoboa and Dilophosaurus GEN2 DNA to hybridize a Cunning Dodger. Dilophoboa has 1100 attack, 3510 HP, 117 speed, and 10% critical hit chance. It features Pinning Strike, Precise Rampage, Nullifying Impact, and Sidestep. When the opponent manages to leave, Dilophoboa takes the opportunity to strike and dodge with On Escape Evasive Strike. This latter ability makes it more resistant to Swap In Damage abilities, unless these abilities remove Dodge chance or target precisely. Dilophoboa is Immune to Distraction and features the new Venomous Counter ability.
Spinoconstrictor - Unique | Damage Over Time Dodger
- Unique Spinoconstrictor merges the DNA of Rare Spinosaurus with that of Legendary Dilophoboa. Spinoconstrictor has 1200 attack, 3600 HP, 122 speed, and 10% critical hit chance. Like its hybrid parent, this superhybrid uses On Escape Evasive Strike and Sidestep to avoid powerful attacks. It features Wounding Counter and Exploit Wound to deal the brunt of its Damage over Time, while using Pinning Strike to let the DoT linger. When you need damage before the turn ends, Spinoconstrictor can always rely on Precise Rampage. It is Immune to Distraction.
Minimal Rending Counter Attack
Destroy Shields and deal 15% of target’s max HP as armor-piercing damage after receiving and surviving a physical attack.
Minor Rending Counter Attack
Destroy Shields and deal 20% of target’s max HP as armor-piercing damage after receiving and surviving a physical attack.
Rending Counter Attack
Destroy Shields and deal 25% of target’s max HP as armor-piercing damage after receiving and surviving a physical attack.
Greater Rending Counter Attack
Destroy Shields and deal 33% of target’s max HP as armor-piercing damage after receiving and surviving a physical attack.
Minor Rending Attack
Destroy Shields. Inflict 34% of opponent’s Max HP as Armor Piercing damage.
Destroy Shields. Inflict 40% of opponent’s Max HP as Armor Piercing damage.
Destroy Shields. Inflict 60% of opponent’s Max HP as Armor Piercing damage.
Delay: 1 Cooldown: 1
Crocodilians now prevent their prey from leaving their grasp, unless the crocodilians are stunned (or their prey is Immune to Swap Prevention).
A note on the December Survey
In the second week of December, we sent out a survey regarding multiple creatures, abilities, and even core game mechanics.
The majority of answers revolved around keeping things as they are. Exclusively or including this option among other potential changes.
In light of these results:
- Procerathomimus, Cautious Strike, and Dracoceratops will not receive any particular tweaks at the moment.
- Regarding speed ties, we were happy to confirm that the majority of users preferred the current method.
- We believe that this means that users can still choose to try to go first or choose to try to go last by tapping quickly or waiting until the last second (and therefore have some agency in resolving ties).
- Therefore, the speed tie mechanic will remain “fastest input wins”.
- Ardentismaxima will receive changes. The plethora of options that were given to users means that we did not get a clear-cut tendency towards one solution or another.
- People want a way to bypass dodges: Max will gain the Anti Tank build, with Instant Invincibility as the defensive ability.
Abilities become Definite Strike, Decelerating Impact, Defense Shattering Rampage, and Instant Invincibility. Its basic attack allows it to bypass dodges whenever it’s needed, while also wholly removing the upcoming extra damage given by cloaks.
Mini’s defensive ability is now one that can be used more often, but that has a shorter duration as well. Replaced Long Protection with Definite Shield Advantage.
Gryposuchus, Grypolyth, Purrolyth, Purussaurus, Purussaurus GEN2, Purutaurus, Sarcosuchus, Sarcorixis
These crocodilians are now stronger against the Swap Meta! Each gains No Escape.
This end-game anti-speed Superhybrid is improved in its role to counter fast but non-piercing and non-shattering creatures. It has shorter-lived Shields but gains better speed control and burst damage in exchange.
Smilonemys gains Immune to Deceleration. Impact and Run becomes Rampage and Run. Long Defense Strike becomes Shielded Decelerating Strike.
Gains No Escape. That DoT will stick!
A note on data collecting
We’d like to take a moment and thank everyone who has been participating in our numerous surveys and providing us with constructive feedback on our forums and social channels. We believe in player feedback and although changes rarely occur immediately, the very tangible data we collect, especially from our surveys, help guide us on our roadmaps and future optimizations.